Buying Advice John Deere compared to Kubota

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #251  
My two 7.3L PS trucks get 15mpg daily driving, 10-12mpg pulling the GN depending on load and terrain.

In regards to computer technology. Everyone reading this thread has the opportunity to not own any engine powered vehicle with a computer. None choose to do so. Wonder why? :)

A small percentage of readers could properly gap a set of points if they had to. :)

And even your 7.3s have a computer. Those diesels are far more complicated than most realize. My 6.5 is a 1992 and was the last year or 2 that were mechanical injection. The earlier stages of fuel injection for gas which was far better than a carburetor came around sometime in the 80s for pickups.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #252  
And even your 7.3s have a computer. Those diesels are far more complicated than most realize. My 6.5 is a 1992 and was the last year or 2 that were mechanical injection. The earlier stages of fuel injection for gas which was far better than a carburetor came around sometime in the 80s for pickups.

Yep. Definitely computer driven.

Oh yeah, the good ole Throttle Body systems!!!! They were a huge leap from a carb. But very antiquated when compared to today's stuff. :)

I still remember the first engine I saw without a distributor... What The He**!!!! :)

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #253  
My two 7.3L PS trucks get 15mpg daily driving, 10-12mpg pulling the GN depending on load and terrain.

In regards to computer technology. Everyone reading this thread has the opportunity to not own any engine powered vehicle with a computer. None choose to do so. Wonder why? :)

A small percentage of readers could properly gap a set of points if they had to. :)

Not quite if you operate older Diesel power in California...

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #254  
   / John Deere compared to Kubota #255  
Americans have little understanding of such things. The European Settlers of this continent took the land by force. We have very little understanding or compassion for bloodline or heritage.

I am very rural and Agricultural. My good friend is a very larger farmer, 20K acres tillable. He's 3rd Generation.

I find it interesting only is said about the USA we took the land by force. Believe that is how land was and still taken over the centuries to the victor went the spoils.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #256  
I find it interesting only is said about the USA we took the land by force. Believe that is how land was and still taken over the centuries to the victor went the spoils.

Never suggested we were exclusive.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #257  
Not sure what your comment means? Elaborate please?

Sorry about that... forced retirement with a one way trip out of state based on a emission tier retirement schedule...

It has been enough to force some of my Mom and Pop excuvating and grading contractors to call it quits with lovingly maintained dump trucks and backhoes, etc.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #258  
I realize I'm in the minority here, but I think basing a decision on the dealer is whacked. I'm on my tractor several hundred hours per year, at the dealer maybe 2 hours per year. So the tractor is 100x more important to me than the dealer. Now, I would be reluctant to buy anything (tractor, car, dishwasher, etc) from any dealer who I thought was 1) a slimebag, or 2) about to go bye-bye. But to pick the dealer instead of the tractor doesn't compute to me: a mediocre tractor from a great dealer is still a mediocre tractor.
I agree 100%

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #259  
My grandpa had john deere and my uncle's had john deere so i was already propositioned to buy a john deere. But my aptitude made me do months of research. Differnce i found from many tractors i looked at in the 30hp range was ergonomics and overall construction. Easyier maintenance value of parts and dealer support. John deere was the best choice. I am proud to own a green machine but gave all other's a good look. I know in 10 or 20 years i can get support and parts. Good luck.
Good for you. That is the only way you can know why Deere is the better choice. This is what any smart and educated buyer would do.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #260  
I may have posted this somewhere before, but I now own my third Kubota giving me three sitting under my shelter at one time. I had a JD 5525 for four years and a Case no idea the model over 20 years ago but about 50 hp. I never had any issue with one Kubota, one is only a year old but issue with standard seat, one Kubota M6800 transmission issues twice with a whining noise in it with last repair. The case never had any issue with it and the JD had a easy to replace sensor on the engine to replace and think on issue with it. There are many ways to judge a tractor and just from operator comfort and the feeling of the tractor during operation the Case and JD both were more comfortable and feel more solid when operating them. To me the M6800 has a weak transmission for heavy loads (within what it is rated for) using a disk for steady work for few hours had a gear to break one time and think it was a bearing the second time. to me Kubota's just don't have the same confidence and comfort level to me as my others have. My last purchase is a Kubota and I really rather had the JD 4000 series but their cab doors with no windows to open but the rear just will not give enough air flow not to use a/c on mild days. Only reason I bought the Kubota over the JD.