Buying Advice John Deere compared to Kubota

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #61  
Both are Japanese made, lightly built and over priced but enormously popular and have very loyal fans.:D

It is better to add weight where and when it is needed then to have to carry it all day!

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #62  
Both are Japanese made, lightly built and over priced but enormously popular and have very loyal fans.:D

I sure know what you mean, these poor people had to add weight to their tractor too.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #63  

Hey, my Kubota id tag states "Made In USA"

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #64  
Hey, my Kubota id tag states "Made In USA"

My JD2520 is made in Japan, the backhoe, box blade and plow are made in USA and the Loader is made in Mexico. My understanding is that Kubotas are assembled here but the engine and transmission are imported from Japan.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #65  
Look at Kioti. Very good quality tractor for the money. More weight, more loader cap., good design, less money! Worth it, up and coming company.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #67  
JDs starting price is over all to high on any of their tractors.yes they do have good resale value,because people like paying for that green paint.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #68  
Unfortunately, your logic is flawed. Yanmar is indeed a supplier for many of the smaller JD tractors and make very high quality products. However, when they build for JD, they build to JD specs for a particular JD contract. Sorry, it just doesn't work that way.

I'm not trying to start an argument and this is only for the 3320 (I didn't look at any of the others) that someone else brought up but if you go to JD website they list the engine as a Yanmar 3TNV8.

As far as the 3320 goes vs the kubota. If you use the compare feature on JD site they list the L3240 and the B3030 as the to comparable models.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #69  
I'm not trying to start an argument and this is only for the 3320 (I didn't look at any of the others) that someone else brought up but if you go to JD website they list the engine as a Yanmar 3TNV8.

As far as the 3320 goes vs the kubota. If you use the compare feature on JD site they list the L3240 and the B3030 as the to comparable models.

I think I phrased my post poorly. Basically, I intended to say that I doubt you'll find a Yanmar tractor identical to a JD tractor with just different colored paint. I was so impressed with the Yanmar tractor I owned that was in JD paint that I tried to seek out a Yanmar tractor for my next upgrade sized tractor. No Yanmar dealer could come up with anything close. I don't know if they didn't build such a machine or just didn't import it to the U.S. I have nothing but complete respect for Yanmar. If yacht builders trust the same engine as I had in one of my JD tractors in a million dollar sailing yacht, I think they are probably of the highest quality; at least engine wise. Then, like Kubota, if the engines are so good, why would the rest of the unit not be?

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #70  
I think I phrased my post poorly. Basically, I intended to say that I doubt you'll find a Yanmar tractor identical to a JD tractor with just different colored paint.

There are some increadibly close models, but I am sure there where import restrictions on them. Shibaru does the same with CNH, outside the US there are yellow versions of the some of the old CNH equipment.