Jump Starters

/ Jump Starters #11  
I carry jumper cables. I am very skeptical of the jump packs. They may work if you are just barely below the cranking threshold, but if your battery is really dead you are going to need more than a little jump pack..........I think the advertising on them is hype.........Doug in SW IA

The NOCO can do it. Jumped many a dead battery with mine. It has a setting that gives it full current. Tried and true. Like every battery, you have to keep them charged and cycled. Most think you charge it one time and it is good to go years down the road. There are some "jump packs" that are not truly a jump pack - its just a portable battery for recharging a phone or other similar device.

/ Jump Starters #12  
I am still using my Npower Powerpack 500 amp/400 watt jump box that I bought at Northern Tool many years ago. I'm on my second AGM battery for it. However, I could not find it anywhere on the 'sneakernet'. They must have discontinued it.

/ Jump Starters #13  
My neighbor was jumping his dead batteries and the ECM fried on a 2002 Ford F250 of his. The Ford dealer suspected the power pack he used.

No proof, just the dealers guess.

/ Jump Starters #14  
I carry a jump starter and Jumper cables. That said, the Li ion ones work well.

/ Jump Starters #15  
   / Jump Starters
I'm thinking reliable so the larger jump start pack with cca would be far superior than a cordless tool battery type.

/ Jump Starters #17  
My neighbor was jumping his dead batteries and the ECM fried on a 2002 Ford F250 of his. The Ford dealer suspected the power pack he used.

No proof, just the dealers guess.

I don't know if he did but neg. cable from jump pack to engine block or ground strap/post not to the car/truck battery...

/ Jump Starters #18  
I don't know if he did but neg. cable from jump pack to engine block or ground strap/post not to the car/truck battery...

I don't know how he hooked it up. Him being a mechanical guy, I'm guessing he knew how to do it.

/ Jump Starters #19  
I carry jumper cables, nice long set terminated with Anderson connectors like on my tractor.
Also had a shorter set with same Anderson connectors so I have a really LONG set of cables for those hard to reach situations.
Used them just yesterday!
Also carry a HD tow rope that was probably used for crane slinging, It has a nice loop at one end that slips over my tow hitch ball and the other end has a nice big sling hook.
Used that just 10 days ago.

LOL, building up my goodwill credits for when I need a tow or boost.

Seems that being rural I have frequent occasions to gain brownie points, don't mind as I like to be helpful.

The tow that I did 10 days ago had the guy's car with both passenger wheels totally off in a snow bank and leaning at close to 40 degrees.
Put my KIA in 'all wheel lock' and with my studded tires the tow rope stretched a bit like an elastic and I simply extracted him without spinning at all.
Best he's a close neighbor so I have a valid credit!

/ Jump Starters #20  

that has absolutely nothing to do with blowing a computer, which is bullshit the jump pack caused it unless it was hooked up backwards. the negative to the frame is a hydrogen gas explosion mitigation risk, from a overheating battery.