Jump Starters

/ Jump Starters #21  
Booster cables are nice until you're the only vehicle within 30 miles and your coworker forgot to turn the key off after calling his wife from the truck... then some type of alternative power can be handy.

/ Jump Starters #22  
Booster cables are nice until you're the only vehicle within 30 miles and your coworker forgot to turn the key off after calling his wife from the truck... then some type of alternative power can be handy.

Booster cables are nice IF they reach. I maintain communications equipment, some of which is at remote sites with generators that aren't always where you can get your truck close enough to jump. I have a Tacklife that's saved me more than once.
I bring it with me when I'm on my snowmobile too. Never had to use it, but not too many fellow snowmobilers carry cables, and it can be a long cold walk home.

/ Jump Starters #23  
I bring it with me when I'm on my snowmobile too. Never had to use it, but not too many fellow snowmobilers carry cables, and it can be a long cold walk home.
So far every sled I've owned has a rope as well as a starter. Still, backup is always good to have. My new Cat didn't even come with a basic tool pouch... something I will have to remedy.

Last fall I boosted a hunter's SUV using two lengths of light gauge wire from a battery operated air compressor. They didn't think it would work, and the wire did get rather warm, but I got them going.

/ Jump Starters
So far every sled I've owned has a rope as well as a starter. Still, backup is always good to have. My new Cat didn't even come with a basic tool pouch... something I will have to remedy.

Last fall I boosted a hunter's SUV using two lengths of light gauge wire from a battery operated air compressor. They didn't think it would work, and the wire did get rather warm, but I got them going.

Sometimes it only takes a little extra juice but when it comes to dead sometimes a Jump is not enough.

/ Jump Starters #25  

Some do, some don't. Neither my snowmobile (Arctic Cat) nor my ATV (CanAM) have pull start. Both are 4 strokes, so that might be the key.

/ Jump Starters #26  
I've always carried jumper cables, but have considered one of those jump start gadgets. But I figured unless you use it on a fairly regular basis, then the batteries probably just go bad and they won't hold a charge worth a flip. What's everyone's experience? Do you just leave them plugged in all the time to charge and stay fresh?

/ Jump Starters #27  
I've always carried jumper cables, but have considered one of those jump start gadgets. But I figured unless you use it on a fairly regular basis, then the batteries probably just go bad and they won't hold a charge worth a flip. What's everyone's experience? Do you just leave them plugged in all the time to charge and stay fresh?

I cycle each of my jump packs down then recharge once or twice a year. No issues or weak batteries in the jump pack at of yet - going on 6+ years so far.

/ Jump Starters #28  
So I splurged and bought a Noco GB150 based on some of y'alls advice. As infrequently as I need them and as much as I've gotten used to jumper cables, it always seems that whatever I have to jump is in an awkward place that's a pain to get to.

/ Jump Starters #29  
So I splurged and bought a Noco GB150 based on some of y'alls advice. As infrequently as I need them and as much as I've gotten used to jumper cables, it always seems that whatever I have to jump is in an awkward place that's a pain to get to.

You will find that it's a lot easier to use the booster pack than it is to go get another vehicle, move it to the dead one, and hook up your cables.

/ Jump Starters #30  

That was a timely purchase. I ended up using it already when my old 4runner wouldn't start after sitting in the barn for a few weeks.