Just a little dangerous.... imo

/ Just a little dangerous.... imo #42  
They are manufacturing it; seeking to license and sell it. Zero Turn Mower Attachments | ZTMA
I wonder if they only make the one for the little Ryobi electric ZT?

Criticize all you want, innovation seldom works perfectly the first time yet is the process by which everything good we have today has come into existence. And you can pick anything apart. My great grandfather brought the first steam powered traction drive engine (shortened later to "tractor") to Oklahoma when they first were available... he took a team of draft horses (he was a Percheron breeder and had some world grand champions) from NW OK to Kansas City, MO to get the tractor the 375 miles to his farm because he could pull it back with the team in 1/3 the time the tractor could drive the trip. I can only imagine all the guffaws he received from farmers along the way who couldn't imagine the tractor would EVER replace the horse for farming.

ALL of you tractor owners should be glad folks like my great grandfather and a few others like him had the vision to buy those SLOW, HUGE, under-powered tractors back then or you wouldn't be working and playing with your nice new tractors today.

Innovators are the visionaries we all owe our lifestyle to.
1280px-15_23_1047_ford_museum case steam tractor.jpg

/ Just a little dangerous.... imo #43  
They are manufacturing it; seeking to license and sell it. Zero Turn Mower Attachments | ZTMA
I wonder if they only make the one for the little Ryobi electric ZT?

Criticize all you want, innovation seldom works perfectly the first time yet is the process by which everything good we have today has come into existence. And you can pick anything apart. My great grandfather brought the first steam powered traction drive engine (shortened later to "tractor") to Oklahoma when they first were available... he took a team of draft horses (he was a Percheron breeder and had some world grand champions) from NW OK to Kansas City, MO to get the tractor the 375 miles to his farm because he could pull it back with the team in 1/3 the time the tractor could drive the trip. I can only imagine all the guffaws he received from farmers along the way who couldn't imagine the tractor would EVER replace the horse for farming.

ALL of you tractor owners should be glad folks like my great grandfather and a few others like him had the vision to buy those SLOW, HUGE, under-powered tractors back then or you wouldn't be working and playing with your nice new tractors today.

Innovators are the visionaries we all owe our lifestyle to.
View attachment 711716

Your comparison is hardly accurate. We already have loaders. What is innovative about making a worse loader? BTW the one you linked is way better than the one in the first post because they’ve moved it back 2 feet.

/ Just a little dangerous.... imo #44  
someone else mentioned snow. for situation where your forward power/traction will be stopped by your load, and your front end is light, it can be much better to have implement way out in front to minimize front end lifting off ground. (I learnt that by 20 yrs built a 1 hour quickie emergency snow pusher by sliding pipe over the lift arms of a mid 80s mid-size cub cadet then welding a *cough* "blade" onto them, much better with it 4 feet out than right in front).

/ Just a little dangerous.... imo #45  
Your comparison is hardly accurate. We already have loaders. What is innovative about making a worse loader? BTW the one you linked is way better than the one in the first post because they’ve moved it back 2 feet.
Everyone already has a loader? I bet there a lot of ZT owners who don't have a loader and this might be the opportunity for some of them to do some projects they couldn't otherwise do. Or do them easier and quicker.

And thank you for making my point: "innovation seldom works perfectly the first time yet is the process by which everything good we have today has come into existence." They've improved their product... wow, can you imagine that?!?
:D

My comparison was exactly accurate from the perspective of those 120 years ago who already had horsepower and couldn't see why they should become mechanics when all they wanted to do was farm. Everyone HAD horses, why should anyone make or buy a slower, more expensive machine to do what they could already do?

/ Just a little dangerous.... imo #46  
Why should a failure (to impress everybody) be commended? If the goal was to ruin a lawnmower and build a useless loader he succeeded. Otherwise it’s a fail. It’s a pretty safe bet he actually planned on doing work with this vs moving feathers and possibly mulch. Just look how many newbies come here expecting to do the work of a D8 with their subcompact tractor.

I gotta wonder if all of us use a FEL for the same tasks, like a guy with anL6060 vs a guy with a BX. (Backhoes are another tool that capacity/expectation may vary with size :oops:)

My ZTR weighs 770 lbs but I can only lift the front wheels by hand. Just in case, I try not to lean forward and have it topple onto me as it pitches forward due to the weight bias. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the canopy suggests to me that grand-kids have been asking to mow the lawn, and not just 6 year olds that do/did farm chores on a old Massey or Deere ... like most of us here. :sneaky: "Yes Chad, you can mow the lawn after you muck out stalls." Can you say 'motivational tool'?

/ Just a little dangerous.... imo #47  
A very capable machine. Geometry is right on. Operator needs more practice.

/ Just a little dangerous.... imo #48  
Everyone already has a loader? I bet there a lot of ZT owners who don't have a loader and this might be the opportunity for some of them to do some projects they couldn't otherwise do. Or do them easier and quicker.

A loader is going to make the ZT worthless at its intended use. And a loader even a good one on a ZT will never do meaningful work. Ask any small tractor owner how well they work in 2wd.

/ Just a little dangerous.... imo #49  
1630392825279.png

Looks like it sits in the Henry Ford Museum..?

/ Just a little dangerous.... imo #50  
Honestly it's a great idea, needs in my opinion wider and larger front wheels, the ones on the front of this machine will do more damage with a loaded bucket on lawn or freshly laid turf if you want top dress after laying other than that the concept is proven, it works.