Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,641  
Hated seeing this one come in hurt. Stihl 034 super.

I'm only one that has serviced it since new. Think he said bought it new in 90-91.

Owner older and saw fell out of tree trimming some limbs. Now he wears duct tape bandage on air filter done by owner.

I ordered him a new oem air filter. Besides the hole that got poked through. He took a brush to the flocking. Which isnt good to do. Lot missing now.

Old pic showing West Germany on recoil.

It wears a 460 rescue handle now. This thing is strong and great psi. Getting older suks for him with no decomp.

Also updated it to 2 pawls instead of 1 like came when put new pulley in in past.

View attachment 839036View attachment 839037View attachment 839038View attachment 839039View attachment 839040
I have the same saw. Made in West Germany on recoil. 034AV Superquikstop. Incredible power to weight. It was fine but I got an OEM 036 jug kit with all the stuff. So I had to buy 036 plastic. Never had lower bearings and I worry about that but the saw is a spare to the 361.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,642  
I try to not fiddle with any saws I don't own as a rule unless it's a good friend. I don't make money working on saws anyway. My income comes from the machine and fab shop and a tiny bit from running and selling alfalfa hay. We (my 2 employees and I have had a banner year despite the economy) and I'm passing on work presently. They will be getting a nice bonus in May, once the accountant gets done with taxes that is. Same applies to grinding chipper knives and anvils. Just a value added segment and keeps my big Kent auto feed grinder humming but it's all secondary stuff. The prime stuff is short run machining and welding. Just upgraded my TIG welder to a CK water cooled torch and remote water cooler. Got a big aluminum job coming in (waiting for the aluminum sheet to show up). It has the be CNC plasma cut and then fitted up and TIG welded and the welding has to be certified. No problem as I'm AWS certified on TIG and MIG. Presently doing machine work for a number of T2-3 suppliers for the automotive sector.

All good here.

/ Just another junk chainsaw
#1,643  
Guy I know had one fall into his lap last week on some trading.

He said he is just setting his on the shelf till someone wants it worse then him. He does not have any of these either.

Must have been NOS boost port Dec. :cool: :ROFLMAO:

p655bp2.jpg

#1,644  
Always weird when getting out of state calls for parts from folks I don’t know even online.
Thanks for the out of state dealer that referred them to me.
Was out of NOS but still haves used for them.

Partner made poulan giving life to the bought new partner made jonsered.

Pulled 4 lines and pick ups too. 2 ends no good since part of them came off.
Never seen the screen come off any before.

poilerx.jpg
poilerxx.jpg
poilerxxx.jpg
poilerxxxx.jpg

#1,645  
NLA parts heading out to BC :oops: . Brrrrrr

NOS seals and big intake boots for 60cc under.

pboot380.jpg

#1,646  
I've done the redneck echo fuel line trick in alot of different saws. Stihls mainly the 025 290-390. But this is first 170 I tried it in. Perfect. No more oem lines that just give up ghost. Never cared for the molded lines in their whole older plastic series myself.
Stihl 170. Guy never ran ethonal fuels. He always efree and also can fuels too. Stihl 390 025 170 and now 261 replaced 025. The 390 025 has been redone over the years too. Till 025 last fix was more then saws worth.
Never had one come back needing fuel lines after doing them with echo line to date.
Cool thing about this guy. He cleans his saws up before dropping off. All his saws always look like new. Just firewood cutter in late 70's.

s170rn.jpg
s170rnnn.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,647  
My in-laws used to heat with firewood. My father in-law would always clean his saws religiously at the end of each day. For as much firewood as they cut, the saws still looked really good.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,648  
I've done the redneck echo fuel line trick in alot of different saws. Stihls mainly the 025 290-390. But this is first 170 I tried it in. Perfect. No more oem lines that just give up ghost. Never cared for the molded lines in their whole older plastic series myself.
Stihl 170. Guy never ran ethonal fuels. He always efree and also can fuels too. Stihl 390 025 170 and now 261 replaced 025. The 390 025 has been redone over the years too. Till 025 last fix was more then saws worth.
Never had one come back needing fuel lines after doing them with echo line to date.
Cool thing about this guy. He cleans his saws up before dropping off. All his saws always look like new. Just firewood cutter in late 70's.

View attachment 849284View attachment 849285
Tygon maybe?

#1,649  
Tygon maybe?
It was stihl oem line. Tygon is crap line too for lasting. I use it only in certain trimmers since no other choice. Then also make sure it is real tygon with 4040 all on it. Not some aftermarket crap. It is even worse.

Ive done all 3 of his plastic stihls with echo line fixes over the years. 025 one the case wore out where cylinder sets so it didnt get rebuilt by me due to cost compared to getting a better saw = 261.

s02591.JPG

certain

#1,650  
Done the owners MS390 many years ago same way.

Stihl black line is crap. If the green suppose to be better and resistant to ethanol.
But remember this guy dont use that crap and lines still rotted over time.

s390l.jpg
s390li.jpg
s390lin.jpg