Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw
#1,312  
Set my little 490 up so a guy could borrow it to run in the Ohio Sawfest events. He was missing a 0-54cc saw for class. Has to be 325 chain round filed for that class. Others 3/8 and round. Took spike etc off too.

Since I dont do this racing stuff anymore told him he could borrow saw for that class.
It wont place but gives him hotstart hands on wood and 3 cuts practice for his own saws later.

e49016.jpg

#1,313  
Went back at the 670 champ today.

Talking with a dealer online in messages. He noticed my old pics of 670 brake handle didn’t appear installed right.
So I grabbed the handle out of bin and removed the poulan black handle that worked perfectly.
Put the jred handle on and didn’t change anything. This time it fit perfect with the the right gap needed for hand. No clue what I fubarred last year but another set of eyes caught something none noticed in old pics.

Pic of correct inner part needed still.

j67022.jpg
j670222.jpg
j670innerneeded.jpg

#1,314  
When you find a right year for IPL of your 670 champ NOS clutch cover and the correct NOS clutch cover decal. Even correct inner plastic piece I was looking for from 96 IPL. I have the one in other cover from 99 IPL and it was to short. = Priceless.
I dont normally get into such stuff as I look at it as a chainsaw and it is a tool to cut wood. But someday I may sell and collectors of saws like this type of stuff.

Did pick up a better top cover ( 2 sticker one ). But isnt correct as there is some differences. I will sell it to someone that needs a earlier top cover or maybe even for 625 630.

j670tcc.jpg
j670tccccc.jpg
j670tc.jpg
j670tcccc.jpg
j670tccc.jpg
j670tcccccc.jpg

Last edited:
#1,315  
When you get lucky enough to find that NOS top cover. You use it to do the project you let get hold of you.

For some reason I really like this saw. Same specs bore stroke as the new MS400 I was looking at but in a late 90's model. I thought heck I'd rather have the older then spend close to a grand for the new.

Also a new oem flocked filter to replace my mesh one.

Then a good cleaning and there she is ready.

Did find one thing I am glad I caught while cleaning. My new oem echo impulse line had split.

j670noscyll.jpg
j670noscylc.jpg
j670noscylcoverr.jpg
j670afflockeddd.jpg
j670finn.jpg
j670fin.jpg
j670finnn.jpg
j670finnnn.jpg
j670imp.jpg

#1,316  
There was at least 150+ folks from all over the US and some as far as NH and VA NC etc. Ohio Sawfest 22.

Few pics I saved from others.

sf22x.jpg
sfwts.jpg
mesf222222.jpg
mesf22222.jpg
mesf2222.jpg
mesf222.jpg
mesf22.jpg

#1,318  
What are they cutting? What kind of wood?

Looks like a nice was to spend some time outside in good weather.

square was aspen. smaller rounds poplar, big round 20" redoak

#1,319  
You finding fines in your carb throat from getting by air filter on this series echo? Just curious. Most folks find them on 490 4910 501. I did too.

Easy fix in pic. Stops it.

e490affix.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,320  
on my 490 the seal to the carb seems ok, on the 620p I use an o-ring as it looks like a small gap.