Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw
#1,321  
on my 490 the seal to the carb seems ok, on the 620p I use an o-ring as it looks like a small gap.
Yep 590 620 too. Different oring.

e590p.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,322  
Love the 620 so far. Speeds up the cut and buck on the bigger trees. The 490 was just running out of power. Did a few planks with the 620 on the Alaskan mill using the 24" bar.

Worked great, just need to make sure I keep the oil up and let it rest a bit between cuts.
The rest is just precautionary, trying to keep it from getting too hot.

I still have another Ash to plank up, maybe next week. The Echos have treated me well so far and at a great price point. The 490 filter does clog up pretty fast, looks like on the 620 they have the airflow better and not as much of the fines get into the airbox.

#1,323  
Love the 620 so far. Speeds up the cut and buck on the bigger trees. The 490 was just running out of power. Did a few planks with the 620 on the Alaskan mill using the 24" bar.

Worked great, just need to make sure I keep the oil up and let it rest a bit between cuts.
The rest is just precautionary, trying to keep it from getting too hot.

I still have another Ash to plank up, maybe next week. The Echos have treated me well so far and at a great price point. The 490 filter does clog up pretty fast, looks like on the 620 they have the airflow better and not as much of the fines get into the airbox.

30 min fix if you know how to retune your carb afterwords. Let them breath better, but more sound too.

590 muffler is restricted so bad. Never had a 620 on bench to see muffler. How I open for a quick fix.

490 same way. Open that muffler and retune. Remove deflector and remove tube and open. No need to do like mine came traded in with pipe.

e590pmuffmod.jpg

h37216.jpg

#1,324  
Old school 65cc picked up to see if I could save it.

So much was wrong with just the lines and fuel filter someone tried to use. The carved stihl fuel filter smooth to try and fit the line. Duh slides off.
Fuel line in tank vent hole. But least was run to carb.
Tank vent line wrong hole and ran wrong and out and no duckbill even installed. Just will spit mix straight out and up that way.

p4000fly.jpg
p4000qp.jpg
p4000af.jpg
p4000pulley.jpg

p4000qqq.jpg

#1,325  
She lives and cutting.

Not bad psi for a 4000 thin ring saw.

p4000psi4.jpg
p4000han.jpg
p4000test.jpg

#1,326  
Few from friends came in.

I pretty much dont take work anymore unless I know them first hand.

c33go.jpg
c33goo.jpg
c33goooo.jpg
c33goooooo.jpg
c33gooooo.jpg
s390xx.jpg
s390x.jpg
s390xxx.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,327  
Just got a new Echo top handle gas saw to replace the Stihl Arborists saw I ran over. Stihl was 700 clams, the Echo was 275. Stihl is pricing themselves out of the market.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,328  
Just got a new Echo top handle gas saw to replace the Stihl Arborists saw I ran over. Stihl was 700 clams, the Echo was 275. Stihl is pricing themselves out of the market.
2DAC8191-CDCE-4C8B-8AC0-819DF0A63371.jpeg

The top handle battery saw is about the same price as the 194 model but thats tool only price.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,330  
...and of course they are gutless too.
They don’t seem to be from they ones I’ve seen people using. My point was that the DSRP might be subject to a discount based on what you quoted and that there was a Stihl option available for about half of what you said. Not to contradict you but to provide more information for those who may be interested.

You said you bought an Echo for $275 and if I was looking at a gas top handle saw I would strongly consider an Echo at that price difference.

One thing I have noticed lately that a lot of tree service crews use those top handle saws not only in the tree but on the ground trimming. @ArlyA uses a battery Makita top handle doing trail clearing and maintenance on the ground.