Just bought a B2400–wanna make it right

/ Just bought a B2400–wanna make it right
Not sure on whether the washer NEEDS to be bsp but i know you can get a big assortment of copper sealings rings cheaply on Amazon. I bought an assortment a while back and will probably never run out.

The bent thing with thread damage is used to tighten the 3pt arms inwards, taking side-to-side slack out of the 3pt so attachments can't swing/bang back and forth. Leaving it as is would just mean you couldn't shorten that link any more, but i doubt it would actually fail. I'm not sure what they're called when used in that function right there but generically it is a turnbuckle.

The bolt in the last pic probably doesn't belong there and may have just been used as a hitch pin stuck through some clevis hitch like a yard cart. Hard to tell without knowing how long it is on the other side.
Thanks Vigo. yeah--that bolt is a mystery. A guy on a FB kubota B site that just bought a B7100 has one on his tractor, but neither of us can figure out what it was for. he thought it might have acted like a set screw on a draw bar.

thanks for the advice on the copper washers.

Speaking of amazon...does anyone have a good source for kubota parts? I'm gonna need a new gas cap, new drawbar (mine was missing), rear PTO shield (or shroud?), PTO cap, air filter, and I'd probably like to replace that broken part on my 3pt hitch.

thanks,
b

/ Just bought a B2400–wanna make it right #12  
Kubota dealer in Pennsylvania called Messick's has excellent online parts business.

/ Just bought a B2400–wanna make it right #13  
Nice find. Looks good considering the age. After you get that leak fixed, here are some other things to consider.

If a grapple is not in the cards for you in the near term for your tree clean up work, you might consider a tooth bar for the bucket and/or clamp on pallet forks. I got a nice bolt-on (no drilling needed) tooth bar from Heavy Hitch for mine but there are a number of other options/suppliers available. I got my shorter set of forks (34" working length) from Titan Attachments which are great for working with brush. You'll want longer if you expect to work with pallets or larger items. I like the 34" in part because they are lighter but also because I really didn't need the longer length and they are relatively inexpensive.

An alternative to pallet forks would be debris forks which are aimed at brush work and have four or more arms to them. Again, multiple other options/suppliers available.

One more thing to consider are hooks for the bucket. There are bolt-on and weld on hooks out there. Great for a variety of lifting tasks and securing things to your bucket. There is just so much you can do with a bucket. Have fun!!!

OH. DON'T FORGET TO BE SURE TO HAVE PLENTY OF BALLAST WEIGHT FOR YOUR LOADER WORK!

A couple of examples of fun with my little machine (I know, it's green, but just illustrating bucket work - love the orange machines, too!)
DSCN5276r.jpg
20210913_180011c.jpg

Nice find. Looks good considering the age. After you get that leak fixed, here are some other things to consider.

If a grapple is not in the cards for you in the near term for your tree clean up work, you might consider a tooth bar for the bucket and/or clamp on pallet forks. I got a nice bolt-on (no drilling needed) tooth bar from Heavy Hitch for mine but there are a number of other options/suppliers available. I got my shorter set of forks (34" working length) from Titan Attachments which are great for working with brush. You'll want longer if you expect to work with pallets or larger items. I like the 34" in part because they are lighter but also because I really didn't need the longer length and they are relatively inexpensive.

An alternative to pallet forks would be debris forks which are aimed at brush work and have four or more arms to them. Again, multiple other options/suppliers available.

One more thing to consider are hooks for the bucket. There are bolt-on and weld on hooks out there. Great for a variety of lifting tasks and securing things to your bucket. There is just so much you can do with a bucket. Have fun!!!

OH. DON'T FORGET TO BE SURE TO HAVE PLENTY OF BALLAST WEIGHT FOR YOUR LOADER WORK!

A couple of examples of fun with my little machine (I know, it's green, but just illustrating bucket work - love the orange machines, too!)
View attachment 716570View attachment 716571
Gtunney—excellent ideas. And good looking tractor!
was definitely looking at pallet forks but I’ll look into debris forks too. Also good idea on tooth bar. is that mostly for digging into ground?

re ballast—I plan on keeping either the rake or a future purchase Angled scraper blade on the back at all times. Per the WSM that should be sufficient.
fel capacity is 770 lbs per manual. I’m guessing that the bucket weighs at least 100 lbs, so I should have about 600lbs capacity easy.
For what I do that should be plenty (until it’s not!!!)

good idea on the bucket hooks too! I can see how those and a good string chain could make this a very versatile machine.

I think my first addition, other than the recommended 200hr service maintenance, is to buy a draw bar.

I have a 17’ fish and ski combo boat and a very tight storage situation. I’ve gotten pretty good at backing up trailers but I think that doing it with this little tractor will be much easier.
Thanks
B

/ Just bought a B2400–wanna make it right #15  
About moving and parking trailers with your Kubota: I got a foot long chunk of HEAVY angle iron from a local welding shop (around 5 or 6 " each flat surface, 5/16" thick) and drilled it such that I could bolt it to the existing holes on the front of the Kubota frame. I then bolted a receiver hitch (just the hollow tube from Tractor Supply intended to be welded probably) to the top surface of the angle iron. Pictures later if I find one. This handy attach point still clears the front end loader (gotta watch that) and is incredibly agile/maneuverable/friendly for moving trailers around. Plug your hitch ball insert into that. SO MUCH better than any kind of rear hitch point because you can see what you are doing and far more maneuverable than any rear hitch.

About moving and parking trailers with your Kubota: I got a foot long chunk of HEAVY angle iron from a local welding shop (around 5 or 6 " each flat surface, 5/16" thick) and drilled it such that I could bolt it to the existing holes on the front of the Kubota frame. I then bolted a receiver hitch (just the hollow tube from Tractor Supply intended to be welded probably) to the top surface of the angle iron. Pictures later if I find one. This handy attach point still clears the front end loader (gotta watch that) and is incredibly agile/maneuverable/friendly for moving trailers around. Plug your hitch ball insert into that. SO MUCH better than any kind of rear hitch point because you can see what you are doing and far more maneuverable than any rear hitch.
Great idea. Do send a pic if you have a chance but pretty clear from what you’ve described.

any concerns with pulling a 17’ boat and trailer (I think total weight is about 1800 lbs up a gravel incline with the B2400?

First snag!!!
Didn’t think about torque value on banjo bolt fitting and snapped it clean in two. I’m a bit worried though because I was able to back out the broken end with just my fingers. I’d have thought that it would have been a bit firmer in there if it was torqued down enough to snap. I
Now off to find the right banjo bolt to replace. Argh.

Attachments

• 39F79AAC-5DA4-4E60-A515-8E9F25E6E01D.jpeg
    39F79AAC-5DA4-4E60-A515-8E9F25E6E01D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
   / Just bought a B2400–wanna make it right #18  
Great idea. Do send a pic if you have a chance but pretty clear from what you’ve described.

any concerns with pulling a 17’ boat and trailer (I think total weight is about 1800 lbs up a gravel incline with the B2400?
The gravel incline with an 1800 lb boat -- not sure. Certainly with 4WD and the BX power in low range you have plenty of towing ability to pull it. The whole question is traction and how steep is the gravel incline. Might want to run a test towing something else up that same incline first. Weight helps ! If you go with a front mount hitch similar to the pictures below you would be backing up the slope and could mount something heavy on your 3pt hitch.

Here is a picture of the rig I made up for maneuvering trailers with my BX2200.

P1040820.JPG

P1040819.JPG

/ Just bought a B2400–wanna make it right #19  
Did you bend the bracket? Doesn't look like angle. Nice bend. All looks good, now traction is the next thought. Only one suggestion - I try to use grade 8 bolts on anything that deals with weight. But that looks plenty strong. When ready, prime and paint it.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
The gravel incline with an 1800 lb boat -- not sure. Certainly with 4WD and the BX power in low range you have plenty of towing ability to pull it. The whole question is traction and how steep is the gravel incline. Might want to run a test towing something else up that same incline first. Weight helps ! If you go with a front mount hitch similar to the pictures below you would be backing up the slope and could mount something heavy on your 3pt hitch.

Here is a picture of the rig I made up for maneuvering trailers with my BX2200.

View attachment 716714

View attachment 716715
Looks great! may have to emulate.
-B