Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call....

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #21  
I'm retired. So..... my phone is seldom used. As a matter of fact - it's turned off all day. I might turn it on in the evening to see if a call was received worthy of returning. As was initially intended - it is for MY use.

I can't remember EVER receiving a call about any auto warrantees.

However - not a week goes by when I don't receive a flyer in the mail about "my auto warrantee is about to expire". These companies must keep very poor records. Or they would soon realize - several fliers sent, no response.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #22  
Several years ago someone said that if you told a telephone solicitor to put their don't call list they had to quit calling or face charges. Is that law still in force? Was there even such a law? It doesn't seem to be working.
Yeah there is a law, but most of these scammers aren't in the U.S. so whatever agency administers it has no jurisdiction.
I don't know why they can't at the very least make a more secure caller ID system that can't be easily spoofed.
It took several tries to finally find a long dead, unused number. Every change cost me money but it has been well worth it.
When we first moved here, we were assigned the former number of some real deadbeats. Non-stop collection calls. Finally got the phone co. to give us the number in our exchange that had been out of use the longest. No more problems.
I don't think it cost anything to make the change, and we only had the old # a few months so there weren't a lot of people to notify.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #23  
If my phone rings and I don’t recognize the number I don’t answer. If it’s important they’ll leave a message and I’ll call back at my convenience. Not a strategy that works for company phones though. I feel like this is a problem that will eventually solve itself since I’m not sure most younger folks even know their smartphones can be used to make phone calls.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #24  
Another trustee and myself were working at church the other day when my phone rang. It was the United States calling. I answered and told her I had a Craftsman DGS 6500, after a pause she told me that was not a vehicle. Told her it was all I could drive since the DUI. She hung up.
Two minutes later the same outfit called the other trustee. Weird huh.
He told them he had a Honda. When the lady was explaining what all the insurance covered and said electrical problems were covered, he said that he would not need that part of the coverage since his Honda only had a kickstarter. Line went dead.

Dad got a call yesterday and he said the man spoke born here english. When Dad asked him what he was doing in India he hung up.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #25  
I get these robocalls 3x a week. They hide their location and the call appears as coming from my area code. I just hang up.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #26  
I don't know why they can't at the very least make a more secure caller ID system that can't be easily spoofed.
The spoofing of numbers is common practice with businesses. They buy tens of lines and each line comes with a phone number, but only 1 is used as the main number. All the others are spoofed as the main number. That's what these spammers are doing, so to stop that would mean each and every business can only take 1 phone call at a time.

I've had to replace the transmission on my truck recently, so I have started telling these vehicle warranty spammers that I need them to send me money. It kept my phone quiet for 2 weeks, but today I received another one. I was telling him the laundry list of things they can pay for and he hung up on me. I think next I'm going to tell them I'm going to sue them for refusing to pay for my warranty claims, lol!

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #27  
I'm working from home today. Preparing for my next phone meeting. Phone (my WORK phone) rings so I answer and of course, it's the nice recorded female telling me they've been trying to reach me about my cars warranty....

I've got a few minutes to spare so I figure let's slow them down a bit.

I wait for the next salesman and the guy had a T.H.I.C.K foreign accent, almost to the point of not being understandable AND (no disrespect) he talked as fast as someone from the north east. (fortunately, I'm a Yankee myself so that part was fine BUT for some others in the area I live, that would have made his sales pitch more difficult)

I play along..... told him that (because her initial recording said they had RECENTLY sent me a flier in the mail, which we all know is B.S.) I told him that I GOT their mail and I had ALREADY sent a check in the mail...

He paid no attention and started his speed talk about year/make of car... so I changed gears and made up some information. He asked if I had any other cars. I stuttered a bit and made him repeat it.... (anything to slow them down)

I finally said that yes, I had several antique cars.

To which he said "Sir, I think you are lying to me..... you think about our offer" and he hung up.

Heh. He just made my day.
All of those call immediately are added to my blocked calls list. Also I have noticed that for many of these calls, if you listen to the robot until they finish there is an option to opt out of being called by that particular outfit. Of course that doesn’t stop another company from calling, but it does seem to reduce the number of these calls.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #28  
I have read that robo calls only let the phone ring 4 times and then they hang up and try another number. If no response to that number after so many attempts they will consider the number a dead number and remove it from the list. If you answer, or the call goes to voicemail, then you are listed as a valid number and they will keep calling.
If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer. If they want me, they will leave a voicemail message. My voicemail is set to pick up after the maximum number of rings, which I think it is 8. Since I have been doing this, spam calls have dropped off to only 2-3 a month.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #29  
So ....... just yesterday - I got another letter. Your auto warrantee is about to expire. I gave up - called them. It was the 3 year, 36K mile program that came with the Taco Wagon. Not the extra ten year policy I purchased. Hopefully - that is all straightened out now.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #30  
July 7, 2022 / 11:29 PM

FCC orders carriers to stop delivering auto warranty robocalls​

July 7 (UPI) -- The Federal Communications Commission on Thursday announced it has told carriers to stop delivering auto warranty robocalls, citing it as a top complaint from consumers.

The FCC said it has authorized all U.S.-based voice service providers to stop carrying traffic from Roy Cox Jr., Aaron Michael Jones, their Sumco Panama companies and other international associates believed to be behind the more than 8 billion robocalls generated since 2018.

"Billions of auto warranty robocalls from a single calling campaign. Billions!" FCC Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel said in a statement. "Auto warranty scams are one of the top complaints we get from consumers and it's time to hold those responsible for making these junk calls."

The FCC's Enforcement Bureau also sent cease-and-desist letters to Call Pipe, Fuble Telecom, Geisst Telecom, Global Lynks, Mobi Telecom, South Dakota Telecom, SipKonnect and Virtual Telecom to warn them to stop carrying the robocalls within 48 hours.