Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call....

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #31  
I started to answer the calls just to mess with them. After they go through the spiel, and ask what vehicles I have, I tell them a '69 VWBug, unsure of the milage because the speedometer doesn't work.... most hang up. I had one guy get a little mad.... I told him if he didn't want to insure it, why did he call?

After doing this about 6 times, I haven't gotten any of those calls for about 6 months now.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #32  
air horns work great

I'd ask them ... warranty for which car ? what year ?, model ?, colour ?

we avoided the private listing charge in the phone book, by having a listed number in my wife's maiden name... when I worked in Corrections I certainly didn't want calls from jail, police etc. not when a caller asks for Mr. or Mrs. H, I know that they don't know us, so I can hang up, or play along, flush toilet etc

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #33  
A new twist - last week I got a letter saying - "your house warranty is about to expire". What a JOKE. I would have called the number - just to see what they had in mind. But the number was not a USA number and I do not want to get involved in that situation.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #34  
All that crap goes either to the burn pile or the landfill, depending on my mood.

I never get calls like that because they won't talk to my answering machine or the voice mail on my cell phone. The only viable warranty in my view is a factory new car warranty.