Just Purchased CK2610- My Initial Thoughts

/ Just Purchased CK2610- My Initial Thoughts #1  

3rd Coast

Bronze Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT422
Greetings all,

Just picked up an '18 CK2610 with the upgraded KL4010 loader, rear remotes, box blade, and a few other odds and ends. Once I got it home and started exploring its capability I was blown away. In low range, it will do anything in my sandy/loose soil yard. It rides very well, has great visibility and an awesome turning radius. The controls are smooth for the loader and 3 point. Power Steering makes it all effortless. The seat is the best I sat on in the price range. I am a pretty big guy at 6'3" 250lbs and the seat dampened all the ruts and jolts very well.

A couple minor things- The range selector can be difficult to engage sometimes. I find myself giving a little more effort then I'd like to get it into low range. Also, I don't know what's up with the bucket leveling rod/indicator. This is the only model I tested that the rod is not flush with the tube when the bucket is level. It sits about 2-3 inches proud of the tube. I didn't think it'd be a big deal when testing the equipment but I think it's pretty goofy now that I've got it home and want to use it. Loader has a wide bucket so it's pretty difficult to see the side of it and its orientation. I suppose I could put some tape on the rod or find some other way to signal level, but putting a band aid on a new tractor seems silly. There is also no idiot lights for the 4WD or parking brake. I haven't ran the PTO yet to see if there is a light for that. The horn is a dealer installed option even though there is a button for it installed at the factory.

I cross shopped Mahindra, Deere, and LS. I almost bought the 2025R but I decided to check out Kioti at the last minute. For roughly the same price, the CK2610 destroys the 2025r in every aspect, including operator comfort, which initially sold me on the Deere. The Kioti is literally twice the tractor as the Deere. The LS is definitely a nice tractor for the money but I visited two dealers and just wasn't impressed with the overall operations. They were all nice guys and everything but at the end of the visit I always felt like selling and servicing tractors was their side job. This is not a dig at LS at all, I just didn't feel comfortable with the support I may have not received after the purchase. I felt Mahindra, like Deere, was just too proud of their tractors. Nice heavy units but too much money and felt less refined then all the others.

If you're looking at the CK2610, I don't see how anyone could regret it. The serviceability looks very good, access to maintenance items is very simple. All body panels are steel, paint quality is very good. Ergonomics are on point and the position is very comfortable to work from. I can't wait for my yard to dry out a little more to get some more seat time.

/ Just Purchased CK2610- My Initial Thoughts #2  
Congrats and welcome to the pack.

/ Just Purchased CK2610- My Initial Thoughts #3  
Welcome and congratulations on the new machine.
Let痴 see some pics.
Great move on the loader upgrade. Wish I had that loader on my CK35.
On the level indicator, if you paint 4 or 5 1/2 inch wide stripes of different colors on the rod....you know where level is...now you can know how far below level you are.

/ Just Purchased CK2610- My Initial Thoughts #4  
Nice tractor you got ! My 13 CK27 has the same setup for the bucket rod. If I see it flush then I know it will start digging in. 2 " proud gets me level. I have a parking brake light. The range lever is somewhat stiff when going to low or going back to medium...I deal with it. You are right...the Kioti is a heavy machine and fit and finish are very good. Enjoy !!

/ Just Purchased CK2610- My Initial Thoughts
Forgot the pics...just showing my kids how to use our new wheelbarrow.

C35687D746F13B122EAE33102B6317D2.jpgF7E0301F4AF6B0D9F5D10CE0AF72DB60.jpg7B3B5524E044D25923CB80FEDD0F0998.jpgBD89BAAFC19205B422E35D6AB1338A38.jpgFD5957C48B580958F20ACED2D64D25F2.jpg7CCC5D9999447E09D7615DC7755B3B4C.jpg

/ Just Purchased CK2610- My Initial Thoughts #6  
Greetings all,

Just picked up an '18 CK2610 with the upgraded KL4010 loader, rear remotes, box blade, and a few other odds and ends. Once I got it home and started exploring its capability I was blown away. In low range, it will do anything in my sandy/loose soil yard. It rides very well, has great visibility and an awesome turning radius. The controls are smooth for the loader and 3 point. Power Steering makes it all effortless. The seat is the best I sat on in the price range. I am a pretty big guy at 6'3" 250lbs and the seat dampened all the ruts and jolts very well.

A couple minor things- The range selector can be difficult to engage sometimes. I find myself giving a little more effort then I'd like to get it into low range. Also, I don't know what's up with the bucket leveling rod/indicator. This is the only model I tested that the rod is not flush with the tube when the bucket is level. It sits about 2-3 inches proud of the tube. I didn't think it'd be a big deal when testing the equipment but I think it's pretty goofy now that I've got it home and want to use it. Loader has a wide bucket so it's pretty difficult to see the side of it and its orientation. I suppose I could put some tape on the rod or find some other way to signal level, but putting a band aid on a new tractor seems silly. There is also no idiot lights for the 4WD or parking brake. I haven't ran the PTO yet to see if there is a light for that. The horn is a dealer installed option even though there is a button for it installed at the factory.

I cross shopped Mahindra, Deere, and LS. I almost bought the 2025R but I decided to check out Kioti at the last minute. For roughly the same price, the CK2610 destroys the 2025r in every aspect, including operator comfort, which initially sold me on the Deere. The Kioti is literally twice the tractor as the Deere. The LS is definitely a nice tractor for the money but I visited two dealers and just wasn't impressed with the overall operations. They were all nice guys and everything but at the end of the visit I always felt like selling and servicing tractors was their side job. This is not a dig at LS at all, I just didn't feel comfortable with the support I may have not received after the purchase. I felt Mahindra, like Deere, was just too proud of their tractors. Nice heavy units but too much money and felt less refined then all the others.

If you're looking at the CK2610, I don't see how anyone could regret it. The serviceability looks very good, access to maintenance items is very simple. All body panels are steel, paint quality is very good. Ergonomics are on point and the position is very comfortable to work from. I can't wait for my yard to dry out a little more to get some more seat time.

I had a very similar experience, I also went with the 2610...patiently waiting on delivery, glad to hear about the positive initial review.

I also spoke to an LS dealer, they gave me a price on the XJ series tractor, and were supposed to get back to me with a price option on a backhoe, I never heard back... they only had a couple of LS models and seemed to be a little more focused on the other brands they were offering. This particular dealer has a great reputation, but they just seemed to be on a casual date with LS.

/ Just Purchased CK2610- My Initial Thoughts #7  
Welcome to the Kioti pak.
As far as the range selector being tight, wait until you have some hours on the machine for it to become less stiff. In the meantime I suggest when experiencing hard shifting, come to a complete stop, try to shift to low, if it doesn't shift easily press on either fwd or rev pedal to coax it into 'gear'. If that doesn't work, then let the tractor roll a foot or two in whatever direction gravity would take it, then try again. If your tractor has a 3 range shift, L,M,H you will use m most all of the time. If you do a lot of work that needs low range then you'll use it more. High range is for transport say on a dirt road.

Your bucket level indicator may have some adjustment where it bolts together. You could get it absolutely level and verify it with a level in both directions, then cut the rod so it is at the top of the tube. Realize that very few things like landscapes are level, so I use it mostly to let me know when the bucket is close to level to the grade I'm working on so I can scrape up whatever material I'm wanting to get into my bucket- essentially, as a guide vs. sheer accuracy. Close enough works for me, when going from loading to dumping repeated buckets of stone, dirt, snow, etc.
Hope this helps. Also I suggest going over the entire tractor to check especially loader bolts and such for initial tightness, then again at say 50 hours of use. Not because you're going to find loose ones, instead to see if any are loose and correct them early on. I've had 2 DK_ series tractors in the last 9 years and have ove 1500 hours on the to combined, with about 350 on the DK-35 and the rest on my DK-40. They are all you said, especially in comparison to the other available brands.
Enjoy yours with your kids - you'll all have fun, but keep them way clear of the tractor whenever operating it.

/ Just Purchased CK2610- My Initial Thoughts #8  
If you are going to cut the level rod on the loader I suggest putting a mark on it where you plan to cut then move the bucket to the full dump position and make sure the rod will not come out of the guide.

Another vote on what coyote machine stated, teach the kids to stay away while working. They will by nature be very curious and want to be right in the middle of things. Be safe and have fun with it.

/ Just Purchased CK2610- My Initial Thoughts #9  
You could drill a hole through the level rod if you find it needs to be full length to not pop out of the tube when the bucket is in full dump. You would see when the hole in the rod was visible above the tube, and know the bucket is level. Once you cut the rod it's too late. I priced one out when I dropped a tree on mine and bent the curved section mostly flat. It's not cheap to replace. I bent mine back, Fortunately I didn't roll back any more with the loader or I would be the flat section, wearing the tree!:shocked:

/ Just Purchased CK2610- My Initial Thoughts #10  
Nice tractor... Couple more years teach the kids to run it! My kids mowed as soon as they could reach the pedals. My grandson will probably be on my tractor running it as soon as he can reach the pedals if his dad lets me.

Teach them young and teach them right.