Just Purchased CK2610- My Initial Thoughts

/ Just Purchased CK2610- My Initial Thoughts #31  
Its 24 and 1/2 HP... it is what it is. Underpowered for the HP? Or under powered compared to what?

I will say its a extremely large displacement motor for a 24.5hp. Larger than most in its HP range. Its over 1.6 liters.

It does the jobs I do and wanted it to do without being subject to tier 4 constraints. It won't do everything a 50HP tractor will do or a 100 HP will do.

Last edited:
   / Just Purchased CK2610- My Initial Thoughts #33  
Well my dealer basically said no dice on the loader upgrade, said he called kioti and it would void the warranty.... I don稚 see why? Like stated earlier, I think they don稚 want to hurt the sales of the bigger models. Really kinda wanted the bigger loader, while keeping the non emissions engine.

/ Just Purchased CK2610- My Initial Thoughts #34  
It certainly isn't listed as an option. And it does change the entire units parameters I guess.

I guess you need to now ask yourself if you need the additional. And if so then do you wish to go to a Tier 4 tractor or not to get it.

Or even ask if the tractor its on will actually deliver the additional capacity the loader itself is rated to do. The 2610 may simply not. It may or could give some of that rating its due but maybe not all of it. That may be what Kioti is saying. Its debatable I guess if it can or does do it. Since they do not seem to have tested the two together and the loader capacity is listed with the loader not the entire package. It could be valid or it could be market driven I suppose.

IIRC 3rd Coast simply found his in that configuration from a dealer. Or it was already built that way and was available. Not maybe custom ordered to be built that way. Who knows why... At least thats the way I read his story. His dealer knew one could be had that way or something. But it might just be a unicorn. It would be interesting if 3rd coast could ask his dealer how the thing all came about. It could be a dealer swap at the dealer. Or just a regional thing... or a mistake that got through the system. Id love to know now.

/ Just Purchased CK2610- My Initial Thoughts #35  
Not sure if the CK 2610 has the same front axles as the CK3510... if it doesn’t, I would definitely make sure to have enough ballast on the 3pt to reduce the load on those front axles. More ballast than what’s recommended in the CK2610 owners manual.
That being said, I feel 3rd Coast has an awesome setup there and is being smart with that 72” box blade on the back.

/ Just Purchased CK2610- My Initial Thoughts
Well my dealer basically said no dice on the loader upgrade, said he called kioti and it would void the warranty.... I don稚 see why? Like stated earlier, I think they don稚 want to hurt the sales of the bigger models. Really kinda wanted the bigger loader, while keeping the non emissions engine.

I’d find another dealer, bud. I still find things that even this bad mama jamma won’t do, I couldn’t imagine 600lbs less capacity for the work I’m doing. All in, my tractor weights right around 4000lbs so it’s heavy enough with the attachments I have on to do some decent loader work.

Not sure if the CK 2610 has the same front axles as the CK3510... if it doesn’t, I would definitely make sure to have enough ballast on the 3pt to reduce the load on those front axles. More ballast than what’s recommended in the CK2610 owners manual.
That being said, I feel 3rd Coast has an awesome setup there and is being smart with that 72” box blade on the back.

Thank you, sir. The only things I wish I’d gotten at the dealer is a linked pedal. Aftermarket I’m going to get a hydraulic top link and I should be good to go!

It certainly isn't listed as an option. And it does change the entire units parameters I guess.

I guess you need to now ask yourself if you need the additional. And if so then do you wish to go to a Tier 4 tractor or not to get it.

Or even ask if the tractor its on will actually deliver the additional capacity the loader itself is rated to do. The 2610 may simply not. It may or could give some of that rating its due but maybe not all of it. That may be what Kioti is saying. Its debatable I guess if it can or does do it. Since they do not seem to have tested the two together and the loader capacity is listed with the loader not the entire package. It could be valid or it could be market driven I suppose.

IIRC 3rd Coast simply found his in that configuration from a dealer. Or it was already built that way and was available. Not maybe custom ordered to be built that way. Who knows why... At least thats the way I read his story. His dealer knew one could be had that way or something. But it might just be a unicorn. It would be interesting if 3rd coast could ask his dealer how the thing all came about. It could be a dealer swap at the dealer. Or just a regional thing... or a mistake that got through the system. Id love to know now.

When I went to the dealer to buy, he asked if I wanted the upgraded loader. He told me about how he had contacted his regional rep and asked for permission to sell this way. The rep decided that the loader upgrade would be a huge selling point over similar sized equipment and thought it a no brainer.

He simply took a new tractor out of the crate and took a new loader out of a crate and put them together. This was dealer installed. $400. No. Brainer.

Well that is the story anyway. He said he’s only sold half a dozen in this manner so it might be a rare configuration but not likely for long.

I’m happy to PM anyone the name of the dealer if interested.

/ Just Purchased CK2610- My Initial Thoughts #39  
Thanks for the clarification. It gets interesting now! LOL

/ Just Purchased CK2610- My Initial Thoughts #40  
I have a CK2610 HST with the KL 4030 loader (not the KL4010, but 4030). My Kioti will out lift my neighbor's 38 hp Kubota.

There is no way the loader would void the warranty since Kioti itself lists the KL4030 loader as an option if you click on "attachments," on their website, as seen here... https://www.kioti.com/products/tractors/ck10-series/ck2610-hst/

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 5.56.12 AM.png

My Kioti was selected on the basis of finding the most capable machine I could get (highest capacities) under the umbrella of the most reliable options available. I noticed all manufactures seem to have more issues with DPF and tier IV machines...so I looked for the strongest 25 hp tractor with a good reputation and Kioti won in my research. While I am no tractor expert, I did make a a few videos about my findings.

I now have 130 hours on it. I have done the scheduled maintenance...greasing, 50 hour service, checked loader mount bolts (actually removed them and added loctite and retorqued), etc...and have had no issues what so ever other than puncturing the fuel tank with the handle on a seed spreader that I borrowed that I didn't notice stuck so far out and forward I guess so the operator can reach it when it is lifted up without getting off the seat. Ordered a replacement tank without any issues and it was an easy install.

Very good machine and great price point. I would buy it again. I just wish they had more dealers.

P.S. Please excuse the dogs. I own a K9 and manage a business. The main reason for the tractor is to maintain our 9 acres of training areas.

Last edited: