Just Used One of These Welders

/ Just Used One of These Welders #21  
Cool welder workinonit! I've never seen a unit like that. I couldn't really get a good grasp on how big the battery pack is. Looks like maybe the size of a plastic tote. Must be light enough to reasonably carry. Thanks for posting this.

/ Just Used One of These Welders
The batteries look to be a series circuit of like maybe 30 cells similar to a D size battery or a bit larger from what I could see. They are behind one of the side panels in the welder. The seperate unit is just a charger. I'm not sure of the max amperage but I know when he was welding I saw it get to 150 amps periodically.

/ Just Used One of These Welders #23  
So am I. How about some specifics like price, how long will it run before recharge, how does it recharge and amp output for starters.
I see a lot of bragging about them but not a whole lot of welds/xray/acid test results. Great idea just not sure I'd jump yet.

/ Just Used One of These Welders #24  
   / Just Used One of These Welders #25  
Whatever the price is, I bet it's north of 3 grand because if you go to their website, every machine on there is 3 grand or better.

/ Just Used One of These Welders #26  
Here it is in Canadian Dollars

IMG_3048.png

/ Just Used One of These Welders #27  
Nice unit that I don't need actually. My Ranger in the back of the truck provides all the welding and auxilary power I require.

I think at one time Hobart did offer a battery powered MIG, but not sure. I'm sure it was pretty cumbersome with old technology.

/ Just Used One of These Welders #28  
Fronius is top shelf equipment. I have a Miller Maxstar 140XTR that was made by Fronius for Miller in about 2003. It is corded but is an amazing little welder. I call it the toaster because it’s the size of a 4 slice toaster. I think our old buddy ChuckE did a review at one point. The video might be back up now

/ Just Used One of These Welders
Here are a couple of the welds. I was told they are north of 3 grand. It would be great for something like welding fencing or other farm duties. You could use it with a Honda 1000W generator and weld all day. I just like the portability of it but it's not something I would buy or even need.

IMG_1747[1].JPGIMG_1748[1].JPG