Backhoe JW-03 Backhoe Problems

/ JW-03 Backhoe Problems #51  
So Ron. About the return line. Would I be using the original fitting on the valve body and from there increase the size to I'm thinking one inch into a filter?

/ JW-03 Backhoe Problems #52  
Yes, I used the original line to a hose barb on the filter inlet port. I think I used 5/8 heater hose from filter to tank. When I installed the filter in the factory line, the backpressure caused by the banjo at the tank fitting would cause the rubber seal at the spin on cartridge to blow out when the fluid got warm. I think I welded on a 1/2 NPT street elbow over that banjo port(large end onto the tank) and a piece of 5/8 heater line slipped right on to the small end of the street el and could be clamped in place... This got rid of the backpressure issue in the filter been working that way ever since.

/ JW-03 Backhoe Problems #53  
OK. Thanks Ron. I should be OK then. The tank I had to buy for this unit has a 3/4 in. NPT. return port. I will attempt to install a 1 in. hose from the valve bank to the filter into the return port.

/ JW-03 Backhoe Problems #54  
I am having trouble now after finally putting this JW03 In operation, I find the swing from side to side way too fast, the main boom up and down seem normal. The bucket curl in and out seem to be normal and the stick boom seems to be using allot of horse power to go up and down. The return line seems to be building up pressure ( not 100% sure about this but I have a one inch rad hose there for return line with 2 hose clamps on the one end and oil is seeping out at that point). What I did for a return to the tank is that I welded a 90 degree Pipe thread fitting to the original banjo fitting from the return port. From there I screwed on a 1 in. barb fitting, attached the one inch hose to it and into a 10 micron filter before entering into the reservoir. Any suggestions?

/ JW-03 Backhoe Problems #55  
Is the reservoir properly vented?
Does your return filter head have a relief/by-pass valve?
Is the flow through the filter in the correct direction?
And you would normally use the low pressure "rad hose" between the return filter and the reservoir.
You can correct the radical swing movements with copper or soft aluminum restrictor washers in the hose connections. This is sort of a trial-and-error method, but start out with a 3/16" orifice.
It's possible that you have some debris in the valve stack causing excessive power demands for boom operation. The jib seems ok though?

/ JW-03 Backhoe Problems #56  
The fill cap serves as a vent. The return filter head has no relief/by-pass valve. The flow is in the right direction.

/ JW-03 Backhoe Problems #57  
   / JW-03 Backhoe Problems #58  
Your right about the inside bypass. This is my Prince FA1300-00 Filter Head, Cast Aluminum, 25 psi Bypass Spring, 20 gpm, 3/4" NPT Female and my spin on is a 10 micron.

/ JW-03 Backhoe Problems #60  
A 1” line shouldn't build any pressure. How big was the hole where you welded the fitting over at the tank?

As for your operation, the valve on my 03 uses adapters on the ports to get from the port thread to the o-ring face seal fittings on the hoses. Two of my adapters had reduced size ports in two of those adapters(on the swing circuit). Found this out when I rebuilt mine. Part of my redesign rotated the valve around 180 degrees which re-assigned valve functions to different circuits. When I reconnected all the hoses, my boom swing was wildly fast and one of the other circuits was slow. A closer look found the restricted port adapters... once swapped to the appropriate location, things went back to normal...