kauffman trailer

/ kauffman trailer #1  

Professor Marvel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 5000, Kubota 2150 HST, NH TC45 D, JD 375 Baby Skid Steer --- STUFF THAT GOES ON EM, Schwinn Stingray
I had a tractor delivered to me on a Pequea t-200 tilt trailer. It was a teriffiv setup. My tc45 w/bushog travelled a couple hundred miles and was very impressive how easily it loaded and unloaded. When I started looking at them I realised that they were very expensive. I started looking at other tilt trailers that appear similar. I saw a tilt trailer on the side of the road that looked very good. It was a Kauffman. I checked them out and found that they were less expensive than a Pequea. Does anybody have any familiarity with a Kauffman trailer and an opinion about their quality. It looked very nice.

/ kauffman trailer #2  
I remeber seeing alot people complaining about the wiring but that was a few years ago. They may have stepped up. I am not sure what kind of axles they use.

/ kauffman trailer #4  
Professor, I'm on my second Kaufman Trailer. First trailer was a 2 car bumper pull - 32 foot steel deck with an open center. I believe it was a 2004 with the "old" wiring. Never had a problem with the trailer or the wiring. Sold it in 2012 and bought a 28 foot GN deck over with tandem duals. This trailer has an actual sealed harness - again no problems with this trailer. Only reason for selling the car hauler is that I started hauling way more hay than cars and the BP was difficult to get out in the hayfields. Kaufman Trailers (out of Lexington NC) was and is a great company to work with. I saw their tilt trailers when we picked up the GN and was very impressed. I'll probably get on when we start racing again.

/ kauffman trailer #5  
My father inlaw has owned a 20 ton kaufman trailer for 7 years now. Uses it everyday in his rental business. Its been trouble free.

/ kauffman trailer #6  
I have a Kaufman trailer as do a lot of the other contractors around here. They are a very well built trailer and come at a good price. I figure that a company that builds a 55-ton drop deck semi-trailer can probably build a small equipment trailer pretty well too.