kauffman trailer

Professor Marvel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 5000, Kubota 2150 HST, NH TC45 D, JD 375 Baby Skid Steer --- STUFF THAT GOES ON EM, Schwinn Stingray
I had a tractor delivered to me on a Pequea t-200 tilt trailer. It was a teriffiv setup. My tc45 w/bushog travelled a couple hundred miles and was very impressive how easily it loaded and unloaded. When I started looking at them I realised that they were very expensive. I started looking at other tilt trailers that appear similar. I saw a tilt trailer on the side of the road that looked very good. It was a Kauffman. I checked them out and found that they were less expensive than a Pequea. Does anybody have any familiarity with a Kauffman trailer and an opinion about their quality. It looked very nice.

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
I remeber seeing alot people complaining about the wiring but that was a few years ago. They may have stepped up. I am not sure what kind of axles they use.

corvettefarmer

Tractor
2010 John Deere 5083E LTD
Professor, I'm on my second Kaufman Trailer. First trailer was a 2 car bumper pull - 32 foot steel deck with an open center. I believe it was a 2004 with the "old" wiring. Never had a problem with the trailer or the wiring. Sold it in 2012 and bought a 28 foot GN deck over with tandem duals. This trailer has an actual sealed harness - again no problems with this trailer. Only reason for selling the car hauler is that I started hauling way more hay than cars and the BP was difficult to get out in the hayfields. Kaufman Trailers (out of Lexington NC) was and is a great company to work with. I saw their tilt trailers when we picked up the GN and was very impressed. I'll probably get on when we start racing again.

pjbci

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 4840, Deere 5075e, 450j, Cat D4k2, Kobelco 160, Volvo EC140el, deere 310, komatsu D31px22, IH 1486, MF 135, MHF TO35
My father inlaw has owned a 20 ton kaufman trailer for 7 years now. Uses it everyday in his rental business. Its been trouble free.

Verticaltrx

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200, Ford NAA, IH 454D, Case 1845C
I have a Kaufman trailer as do a lot of the other contractors around here. They are a very well built trailer and come at a good price. I figure that a company that builds a 55-ton drop deck semi-trailer can probably build a small equipment trailer pretty well too.