Backhoe KB KB2485 Backhoe Controls

/ KB KB2485 Backhoe Controls #1  

RobbM

Tractor
Kioti DK5310
I recently purchased a DK5310 with a loader and KB2485 backhoe. When I went to use the backhoe for the first time, I noticed the left hand backhoe control interferes with the outrigger controls. When I move the control to the right and push it forward, it pusher the outrigger control forward. Then when I try to reverse the same motion, it pulls the outrigger control back lifting it off of the ground. I have attached a link to a video showing what I am talking about. (I apologize for the video, I couldn't get mine to upload) It seems to me this is a design flaw by Kioti. I called the dealer and the salesman said they checked with Kioti and they were told that is the way it was designed and it does not interfere with operation. I find this hard to believe. Has anyone else has had this issue and if so what was done to correct it? I am so frustrated, the tractor may be going back and I will be switching brands.

/ KB KB2485 Backhoe Controls #2  
That video is pretty funny. Hard for me to take someone serious when they talk like that. I bet his pants ride pretty far below his boxers...

My 2475L is similar to that. Of course, it doesn't make the outrigger jump up and hit my knee. It's not ideal but I've learned to live with it. I notice it is mostly when I'm working on a stump (like he said). On mine it slightly raises the outrigger, I just lower it and go on.

/ KB KB2485 Backhoe Controls
I agree, lol. I wish I could of figured out how to upload mine, kept saying the file was too big even though it was only 10 seconds long. Just readjusting it was my thought as well. Although I use my backhoe quite a bit, so im afraid it will get frustrating!

/ KB KB2485 Backhoe Controls #4  
Can you heat the lever & bend it to where it doesn’t contact the other lever? I’ve seen in the past where someone has done this to correct an issue.

/ KB KB2485 Backhoe Controls #5  
There are bends already in the levers.... just loosen the nut at the base and rotate the levers.... the bends should be out to the sides, resulting in the levers having the clearance they need to avoid hitting the stabilizer levers...
worth a try....

/ KB KB2485 Backhoe Controls #6  
I have a 2485 backhoe and do not have any interference. As a previous poster mentioned there must be an incorrect assembly.

/ KB KB2485 Backhoe Controls #7  
There are bends already in the levers.... just loosen the nut at the base and rotate the levers.... the bends should be out to the sides, resulting in the levers having the clearance they need to avoid hitting the stabilizer levers...
worth a try....

I was going to suggest that but his tractor has the bends to the side and the dealer tractor had the bends to the back and they both hit.

/ KB KB2485 Backhoe Controls #8  
I have a brand new KB2465. Both my son and I have been operating it. We had no idea about the lever issue. After operating the machine a few times I came across the fatal flaw video. I wondered if this was the case on ours. I went out and checked; sure enough the one lever could collide with the stabilizer. It certainly hasn’t been an issue. We both agreed at this point with respect to our skill level it is completely unnecessary to move the lever that far over during normal use.