KB2375 assist

/ KB2375 assist #11  
I don't know if the CK30 has this, but on my CK20 on the right side fender (sitting on the tractor) there is a yellow lever that has A , B , and neutral on it. This switches the flow of the hydraulics. I need to put it in A to work the backhoe correctly but a couple of times I put it in B and it did just what you say. The controls were a little backwards and nothing moved more than a twitch or so.

Attached a picture of the lever I am taking about.

Attachments

• 834953-100_0996-1.JPG
    834953-100_0996-1.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 190
   / KB2375 assist #12  
Derek,
This is part of the rear remote kit which has been installed on your tractor. If you didn't have this option, your BH would have been fed from the front diverter block. The CK30 has a similar valve somewhere in the back under the seat I think.

Steve

Attachments

• 834967-Diverter1.jpg
    834967-Diverter1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 151
   / KB2375 assist
Rick

I'm assuming you are referring to that valve on the right side, under the seat area? I thought it only turned 12-6 oclock and 9-3 oclock, but PLEASE correct me if it's more than a quarter turn.
If memory serves, when I first removed the bh, I forgot to move the valve and the power steering was effected until I did, after that all operations seemed normal.
Unfortunately, not only did we get rained out for concrete on Monday, but it hasn't let up enough during daylight to further investigate the bh situation. Sure would be nice, because I see area in dire need of some trench work and drainage improvement.

David

/ KB2375 assist #14  
That is the valave I am talking about.
Turn it until it stops.

/ KB2375 assist #15  
You may be thinking about the CK20 valve. I remember some members saying something like you mentioned. As Rick said, the valve on our CK30s has to be turned all the way in or all the way out. I never counted but it seemed like almost two complete turns. When fully seated, the 3pt lift arms won't have any lift power. If the arms move up at all, the valve isn't turned enough. I hope that's it. Good luck.

/ KB2375 assist #16  
All the suggestions to date made sense but since they haven't been the problem, you might want to check the Hydraulic hose coupling ball to be sure it is not frozen, stuck or blocked in some way. This would prevent flow into the unit. I suggest you push on it with a wooden dowel or something similar in order not to damage the surface. If it is under pressure, you will not be able to move it. This is not likely since it was working when detatched but may be worth a try. Good Luck.

/ KB2375 assist
Many mahalos to Rick and everyone here.

Isn't it amazing how something that can make you feel so foolish can also give you such a sense of relief? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
It was indeed the valve. It needs to be turned all the way clockwise. Once I got that worked out, I managed to get it remounted in about 30 minutes. I don't figure that was too bad considering it was my first time and I was flying solo. I also managed to get a bit of work on my driveway drainage before it started raining again.
I sure do appreciate TBN and its helpful spirit.

David

/ KB2375 assist #18  
/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ KB2375 assist #19  
This happened to me also and after the first time I got on my back to have access to the valve I thought it was a poor design and/or location . I said to myself, "I'm gonna' fix that." So today I took the rear tire off, made an approximate location of the valve in relation to the fender and drilled a hole with a 3" hole saw. Then knocked on a 1/4" drive, 1/2'' deep six point socket. Now all I have to do is use a 1/4" drive ratchet with a 6" extension to turn the valve. I'm sure there are other ways to make a homemade tool but this is one of them.

/ KB2375 assist #20  
Now I am confused. What valve are you CK30 guys talking about? I have a CK20. The valves I deal with are the 3PT "whatchamajigit" valve that controls how quickly the 3PT moves and is easily accessed at my right calf while seated and the power beyond valve on the fender. The power beyond is the only valve I deal with when attaching my backhoe. Why are you using the other valve at all? Maybe I'm confused as I don't take the BH off very much.