Backhoe Kioti Backhoe Bucket

/ Kioti Backhoe Bucket #1  

chadincolo

Silver Member
I have a Kioti backhoe on an LK3054 that is 12 inches wide. Would like to get a 6 or 8 inch to put some water lines in, do I need to go to Kioti, or is it a standard bucket? I have a place I can buy used buckets, but they are a New Holland/Kubota dealer. Any idea if they will interchange?

/ Kioti Backhoe Bucket #2  
Many NH backhoes are made by Rhino.
The Rhino and Kioti buckets are interchangable as far as I know.
Just to be sure measure the bucket pin diameter and distance between the pins.

/ Kioti Backhoe Bucket #3  
One thing I forgot to mention.
Keep in mind with a 6 or 8" bucket if you are digging in clay or damp soil the small bucket will plug up often.
I tryed an 8" bucket on my last backhoe and it constantly plugged up so bad I never used it.
Personally I'd stick with the 12" bucket and save your money.
But thats just my opinion.

/ Kioti Backhoe Bucket #4  
Buy a kioti bucket then cut the side off narrow it up to what you want and weld the sides back on.

Very easy to do and Kioti has the cheapest buckets to buy of anyone and they are probably the one you could use as everyone has a different pin location.

A 9" bucket from Kioti is about $200 cheap-cheap-cheap

/ Kioti Backhoe Bucket #5  
I've heard the same thing that Vince said. Heck, my 12" plugs very easy when I'm digging in a high clay content area around the property. I'd hate to see what a smaller bucket would be like. Save your money and use the 12". Gerard

/ Kioti Backhoe Bucket
I don't think plugging will be a problem, digging in very easy sandy loam soil. I am thinking that if I use a smaller bucket, can have one person on the tractor, me on the backhoe and almost dig at the tractor moves, it's that easy and fast...

I went and measured my bucket, it's an 18, not a 12, sorry for the confusion. Doesn't Kioti sell a 9 inch?

So far, I love the backhoe with one exception, it needs more reach (spend as much time moving the tractor as digging), but then it's a small backhoe, didn't expect much more.

On the other hand, I saw a BX series Kubota with a backhoe. I can't imagine that thing would be any more useful than a good shovel, and a **** of a lot more expensive...

/ Kioti Backhoe Bucket #7  
I have the 18" Kioti bucket. I like it a lot. I then had the same thought as you since I had a lot of trenching to do. I have rocky, gravel soil with some pockets of more dense loam/clay stuff. I bought the 9" bucket and had good luck with it. It makes a narrower trench and is easier to snake between big rocks. It does load up sometimes when I get into the damp loam/clay, but not to the extent that I regret the purchase. It also seems to work better digging out stumps. (But that may be my imagination)

/ Kioti Backhoe Bucket #8  
Chad, You should be able to get the 9" for $200 I just got one for my backhoe to use for trenching, instead of the 18". It works great. just stay out of the mud.

/ Kioti Backhoe Bucket #9  
The New Holland Bucket should be the same. They were both made by SMC.
As others have stated, measure to be sure.

KO

/ Kioti Backhoe Bucket #10  
Anyone ever confirm if the ear measurements on New Holland, Kioti, and LS all match up? Are they interchangeable?