Loader Kioti Bucket Reinforcement

/ Kioti Bucket Reinforcement #1  

tulenutn2o

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45S
Anyone on here with the KL1470 Loader weld grab hooks on? Did you need to reinforce the top lip of the bucket? I wouldn't think it would be needed at the top edges where 2 hooks will go. Definitely needed for a reciever hitch in the middle though. Any thoughts?

/ Kioti Bucket Reinforcement #2  
All pulling is intended to be done from the drawbar under the rear of the tractor for safety and other reasons. Putting a receiver hitch on the FEL is also not recommended for the same reasons. The FEL is for front end loading of material in the bucket.

/ Kioti Bucket Reinforcement #3  
I added a plate to the middle hook I put on. On the 2 side hooks, I welded them to the top of the bucket and to the little 1/4" lip from the side piece of the bucket. It gives it just a little extra strength.

/ Kioti Bucket Reinforcement
All pulling is intended to be done from the drawbar under the rear of the tractor for safety and other reasons. Putting a receiver hitch on the FEL is also not recommended for the same reasons. The FEL is for front end loading of material in the bucket.

Not necessarily thinking of pulling with the receiver. It's just that receivers are so darn useful. Technically, loaders are not designed to "dig" either but we all do it. Thing is, I would move things if needed when I had a rear imp on, if the receiver were in place. Designed for or not, it works. Farm boys do what works.

/ Kioti Bucket Reinforcement
I added a plate to the middle hook I put on. On the 2 side hooks, I welded them to the top of the bucket and to the little 1/4" lip from the side piece of the bucket. It gives it just a little extra strength.
Thats kinda what I was thinking too, side ones don't need anything, middle one probably. Thanks

/ Kioti Bucket Reinforcement #6  
Not necessarily thinking of pulling with the receiver. It's just that receivers are so darn useful. Technically, loaders are not designed to "dig" either but we all do it. Thing is, I would move things if needed when I had a rear imp on, if the receiver were in place. Designed for or not, it works. Farm boys do what works.

I know what you mean by digging or for that matter back dragging with farm equipment- I'm not saying one can't do what you want to do- just that the intent is for dragging to be done from the draw bar. So your plan is to push things with a receiver mounted on the bucket?
They do make removable receivers that clamp onto the bucket lip, if that would work for you?

/ Kioti Bucket Reinforcement #7  
I use the clamp style on my bucket, I purchased from ebay for short money.

It is great for moving my boat around, not the most secure method in the world, but I chain to my chain hook to be sure nothing comes loose from the tractor.

Sure does save time, particularly when backhoe is on, which is most of the time.

I welded c-channel to the top of my bucket then welded hook onto C-channel, super strong set up.

Joel

/ Kioti Bucket Reinforcement #8  
Would be nice to see pictures of your setups, so some of us can see what works, as I have a chain with hooks on both ends, use it to lift stumps tie big rocks to bucket using chains, welded hooks could be usefull.

/ Kioti Bucket Reinforcement #9  
We back four wheel wagons all the time with either a front hitch on a narrow front tractor or with the bucket of tractor loader or skid steer. It is very handy having a front hitch on the bucket. Makes short work of getting loaded wagons in under the dry quickly. You can put them where you want them without straining your neck and you can maneuver the wagon tongue where ever you want.

/ Kioti Bucket Reinforcement #10  
I bought a QA bar that replaces the bucket and it has three receiver hitches on it. This allows me to get closer to the ground, use hooks or balls in the receivers. I have a 20hst and I think the bucket is a little flimsy so I would have had to have a plate welded onto the top of the bucket and receivers welded to the bar. If I can dig up a picture I will post it.