Kioti CK2610SE Power

/ Kioti CK2610SE Power #11  
Cabs are expensive office space when ya think about it... ya get to buy more tractor on top of the cab expense. Ain't no school like [open station] old school. Wear a hat or a scarf.

/ Kioti CK2610SE Power #12  
I have a ck4010 hst cab tractor. My brother in law has an open station ck2610 hst.

I wouldn’t want any less power, but find myself traction limited sometimes, so more power wouldn’t be helpful very often for my purposes.

My bil refered to his 2610 as a beast when he first got it, but last I talked to him he mentioned that more power would be useful while bush hogging. He cuts trails with a 5’ Kioti/Woods mower primarily, and uses forks and the loader some.

I blow snow and use the back blade, forks, and some bush hogging, but not much.

/ Kioti CK2610SE Power #13  
I got to test one of these Kioti units with the same drivetrain (engine, transmission) as the CK2610 this week. I do think folks would appreciate the extra power offered by the 3510. The 25hp is enough to get the job done, but a few extra ponies would help!

I値l publish a video on this eventually...

Tim

Can you share which model you tested? Hoping the CX2510. I'm caught between that and the 2032/38r and would love to see a loader test on the CX2510 like you did on the 220R MSL recently. These tractors are surprisingly similar in features, size and weight but it's hard to know, really, what the loader will lift unless you're able to do tests like you've done recently. Thanks for those, BTW. Still kind of wish the 1025r's 120R MSL had as much relative increase in capacity as the 220R MSL has versus the NSL.

/ Kioti CK2610SE Power #14  
I wouldn't turn a 5' BH with a tractor of <25 hp, esp with the AC running. An operator might be comfortable in a cab in 100^ weather but the engine will be working hard in the heat.

I never run any PTO attachments when temps get to the high 80s. BTDT, and oil consumption is noticeable. (flail, tiller, etc)

All that said, I've owned <25hp and ~35 hp CUTs that were/are otherwise identical. For anything but PTO work they perform all the same tasks with equal ease.

What Tim says above about extra ponies. :thumbsup:

btw, I could live without the cab, and enjoy operating at the 43rd parallel in our climate. But I'm only 70 and things could change as I get older. :)

Wow. I live just south of Dallas and most of what I do is bush hogging and some tilling. We have daytime highs above 90F beginning in April through October and consistently between mid May and mid September. Evening lows from June-August often only fall into the upper 70s. I do 90% of my work in temps between 85-105f. Now, I don稚 have to plow snow so there痴 that....

/ Kioti CK2610SE Power #15  
I'd jump up the the DK cab series before I bought a CK cab.

I'm an open station guy though.

/ Kioti CK2610SE Power #16  
Since looking at tractors in this size myself. The CK2610SE is competing directly with the popular B2650 and now LX2610 cabbed tractors. I agree more HP is always a benefit for the same frame sized tractor. The Kioti does have higher numbers over the Kubotas, so it isn't a one off tractor.
The CK2610 is significantly bigger than the B and LX Kubota series. Much heavier and MUCH MUCH MORE lift capacity/hydraulic flow. It outlifts not only the B and LX serious, but also the L series as well by more than 500#. It is a strong tractor. I know of one that was checked on a dyno and got 24 hp at the pto in a test (although only rated 21.5 at the PTO according to specs stated by the factory), which suggests around 28 hp at the engine. If that is true, then they are reporting less than the tractor is actually producing...or that one was just a fluke. I don't know the legals of this, but regardless the engine is the same engine that was once used in their 35 hp tractors.

Additionally, if hp while bush hogging is a concern, get yourself a flail mower instead of a rotary cutter...and you will have all the hp you need. Some flails will cut 3" material with a 25 hp tractor.

I had a Woods BB60X and gave it to my brother in law after getting a flail mower. My CK2610 is open station but ran the rotary cutter fine...however, I just like the concept of the flail mower better...better cut, requires less hp, and you don't have a that super long attachment on the back that makes you always having to look reward to see where it is when turning around trees, fences, or buildings. Plus rotary cutters will sling rocks and such much further and harder than a flail mower.

Last edited:
   / Kioti CK2610SE Power #17  
Wow! Sounds like I've got my answer. Thank you all very much for the responses, they've all been very helpful. It looks like we'll be opting for the 3510 and save ourselves the grief of wishing we'd bought just a little more machine.

I really appreciate this TBN forum. It's also really helped my wife feel comfortable with such a large investment, and to know that I'm not just getting "tractor greedy"- so a big thanks to y'all for that.

Oh and @TTWT- thanks for chiming in and please keep the videos coming!

Best,
CB
Go with the CK2610 and avoid the DPF

/ Kioti CK2610SE Power #18  
I got to test one of these Kioti units with the same drivetrain (engine, transmission) as the CK2610 this week. I do think folks would appreciate the extra power offered by the 3510. The 25hp is enough to get the job done, but a few extra ponies would help!

I’ll publish a video on this eventually...

Tim
Love your videos Tim. Best tractor channel on YouTube IMO. If you were closer, I would buy you one of those cheeseburgers you talk about. haha. Which tractor did you test with the same drivetrain as the CK2610? I wasn't aware of the same drivetrain being offered in another tractor. Very similar ones for sure...but exactly the same?

The CK2610 has 100 CI displacement, but the CX2510 is only 87 CI

/ Kioti CK2610SE Power #19  
From a recent CK2610 thread/post in 'Kioti Owning/Operating' regarding adjusting the injector pump rack limit:
There is a Facebook Group called: Kioti Tractor Tuning. One CK2610 owner commented on this subject.

"I adj. the fuel screw on the injection pump today and it made a huge difference! It woke the engine right up. The hardest part is getting the stupid cap off the adj. screw. I turned the screw out 2 full turns. I get little puff of black smoke when I throttle up. the engine throttles up faster and it doesn't bog down anymore when I'm in high gear."

/ Kioti CK2610SE Power #20  
Can you share which model you tested? Hoping the CX2510. I'm caught between that and the 2032/38r and would love to see a loader test on the CX2510 like you did on the 220R MSL recently. These tractors are surprisingly similar in features, size and weight but it's hard to know, really, what the loader will lift unless you're able to do tests like you've done recently. Thanks for those, BTW. Still kind of wish the 1025r's 120R MSL had as much relative increase in capacity as the 220R MSL has versus the NSL.

Yes, CX2510. Operated one day at NC State University.
Did not get to test loader lift capacity.
We did notice that, like other 25hp larger frame machines, it is sort of underpowered.

I liked the machine.