/ Kioti CK30 HST or John Deere 3320 #1  

CBB

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 5320N Vineyard, 1981 Deere 910, 1980 Kubota B22, 1983 Ford 1710
Kioti CK30 HST or John Deere 3320

CK 30, loader, backhoe, Sims Cab, chains, industrial tires

or

3320, loader, cab, chains, industrial tires and a backhoe except I can't have the cab and backhoe. Really want the JD cab (wow) but really need a backhoe.

Kioti or JD?

/ Kioti CK30 HST or John Deere 3320 #2  
Re: Kioti CK30 HST or John Deere 3320

PM dutch445, he is all over that cab and backhoe stuff.

Orange is really ugly. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Kioti CK30 HST or John Deere 3320 #3  

I believe you cannot have the factory cab and a backhoe on the 3320 but why not an add on cab?

The 3320 is a powerhouse my friend. Trust me on that one /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Kioti CK30 HST or John Deere 3320

I really like the JD cab with AC and Heat.

Curtis Cab will work but does that have AC?

Won't a Woods Backhoe work with the JD cab?

/ Kioti CK30 HST or John Deere 3320 #5  

I saw a 3000 Series cab tractor with a Woods Backhoe at my dealer last week.

/ Kioti CK30 HST or John Deere 3320 #6  

I don't own either, but I've played with both of them.

The 3320 is an amazinly well thought out machine, probalby one of the very best laid out machines from the ergonomic standpoint of any tractor currently made. For the past few years New Holland had the best ergonomics on the CUT sized machines (in my opinion) and they still have the best FEL set up, but overall the JD 3320 surpasses even the NH machines in thoughtful design that translates into easier/safer/more efficient/more comfortable to use machinery.

The CK30 is a nice machine, it is not a basic machine but its form factor is not up to the design standards of the 3x20 Deeres. It probably costs less, but you get less.

A couple of objective things to keep in mind, the 3320 generates more horsepower, and if you need to run PTO powered equipment, the 9% additional boost in power the 3320 offers may be of a real advantage.

I'm a big fan of the curved boom loaders, they offer greater visibility and are easier and faster to use than older style loaders, that would give Kioti an advantage here, however there are 2 threads running now were Kioti curved boom loaders are cracking at the cross beam. These are new loaders. Now in fairness, there appears to be a fix on some of the new loaders, but not on all. The Deere has a curved boom loader, but in my tests it does not offer anything close to the visiblity forward that the New Holland curved boom loaders offer. So in my mind, the Deere is OK, the Kioti is Questionable, and NH still wins the loader advantage. In a choice between the Deere & the Kioti, right now with the problems reported about the Kioti stress cracking, I would easily choose the Deere given your 2 choices.

/ Kioti CK30 HST or John Deere 3320 #7  

Pricing these two machines out at two dealers so far, I've come up over 4000 less for the CK30 as compared to the 3320. Having been up close, I will agree with everything that's been said about the JD controls being super nice, but to be fair, to me they are not $4000 nicer.

I dont think you can go wrong with either, though. IMO both are great tractors.

/ Kioti CK30 HST or John Deere 3320 #8  

"Kioti curved boom loaders are cracking at the cross beam. These are new loaders. Now in fairness, there appears to be a fix on some of the new loaders, but not on all."

I own a Kioti, really like it. But also in fairness I have concluded that no fix has been made. What appears to be a fix is really the difference between a smaller model's loader and the CK30 loader. No improvement to date. There is no reason that you must purchase the Kioti loader though.

/ Kioti CK30 HST or John Deere 3320 #9  

The Kioti dealer near me puts Bush Hog loaders on instead of the Kioti due to the cracking problems.

/ Kioti CK30 HST or John Deere 3320 #10  

It is important for each buyer to price shop themselves. In my area the Kiotis are sky high, and dealers are rare; while there is often several thousand difference between the Deere dealers, of which there are many. The last time I went price shopping the Deere was less than a comparable Kioti. Go figure....