Kioti DK model Comparisons

/ Kioti DK model Comparisons #1  

kantuckid

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4820R
If you own a DK4510, DK4710SE or DK4210SE: In looking for my next Kioti I have a few questions:
I already know what's on the specs charts and Kioti's compare models website. I'm after a stronger FEL and these all have the same one and I gain that.
My larger question is toward pulling power from the HST versions these tractors will provide vs. the 4510 shuttle. They share the same frame and similar weight-pulling a log in the woods while skidding is mostly my question.
Thanks for sharing.

/ Kioti DK model Comparisons #2  
Neil from Messicks did a draw bar force comparison of standard tranny vs HST on Kubotas ( can’t recall the HP right now) - results: standard tranny kicked HSTs a*#.

Was instrumental in me deciding to go with a synchro shuttle shift.

Check it out - it’s on YouTube.

/ Kioti DK model Comparisons
One seller of a larger compact Kubota on FB marketplace offered that his geared tractor did not have the objectional whine noise as an HST throws out. As a person with long time noise induced hearing loss I wear headphones at all times so that aspect matters not for me. Pulling power from a tractor matters a lot, especially since I'll be using a smallish tractor for some relatively big jobs. Bought new, I'll very likely go with my 3rd shuttle geared tractor.

/ Kioti DK model Comparisons #4  
I have the hst DK4710. I loose traction before the tractor bogs with my box blade. Just an FYI.

/ Kioti DK model Comparisons #5  
Neil from Messicks did a draw bar force comparison of standard tranny vs HST on Kubotas ( can’t recall the HP right now) - results: standard tranny kicked HSTs a*#.

Was instrumental in me deciding to go with a synchro shuttle shift.

Check it out - it’s on YouTube.
My Kubota L48 TLB (HST) clearly does not have the pulling power of my (sold) 49 year old gear drive Ford 3400 TLB.
THe Kubota has nice features, but in many ways I would kinda like to have my simple old Ford back.

/ Kioti DK model Comparisons #6  
   / Kioti DK model Comparisons #7  
I am running R24 tires

/ Kioti DK model Comparisons #9  
My Kubota L48 TLB (HST) clearly does not have the pulling power of my (sold) 49 year old gear drive Ford 3400 TLB.
I still have a 3400 industrial. There is *NO* stopping that thing. It is a pulling beast :)

/ Kioti DK model Comparisons #10  
I still have a 3400 industrial. There is *NO* stopping that thing. It is a pulling beast :)
I know!
Mine had only 1850 hours when I sold it 2 years ago.