Kioti DK model Comparisons

/ Kioti DK model Comparisons
I have been told by an experienced dealer that the new hybrid tires load up mud/snow even more easily than an R4. I suppose they are designed to give more traction than a mower tire w/o damage to turf-not something I care about.
I'm going with ag1 tires on my next tractor. Often my current R4's load up in the woods preventing the best pull on a log. Clearing my steep gravel private road they easily load up with snow as well.
I used an old 8N Ford and pulled some fairly heavy stuff with it-go figure on that one huh?

/ Kioti DK model Comparisons #12  
Only downside to R1s I can see is Lawn damage and high speed pavement handling!

/ Kioti DK model Comparisons #13  
Sorry for the confusion they are R14 tires

/ Kioti DK model Comparisons #14  
Dk4710SE grappling an ash deadfall

Attachments

• Resized_20210904_160451.jpeg
    Resized_20210904_160451.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 86
   / Kioti DK model Comparisons #16  
The gear tranny vs HST debate always seems kinda pointless to me, when basically all of our diesel CUTs can spin all 4 tires in the dirt, no matter what trans you have. There's definitely some larger frame machines with 25 HP to stay under the tier4 emissions that probably feel underpowered in medium range or whatever, but in general manufacturers match engine size to frame capacity regardless of what trans you use. IE, for a given tractor model, if you can spin all 4 tires with the HST trans, than choosing a geared version instead wont give you any more useable power to the ground. PTO power, different story, and those specs are always clearly listed for comparison.

/ Kioti DK model Comparisons #17  
The gear tranny vs HST debate always seems kinda pointless to me, when basically all of our diesel CUTs can spin all 4 tires in the dirt, no matter what trans you have. There's definitely some larger frame machines with 25 HP to stay under the tier4 emissions that probably feel underpowered in medium range or whatever, but in general manufacturers match engine size to frame capacity regardless of what trans you use. IE, for a given tractor model, if you can spin all 4 tires with the HST trans, than choosing a geared version instead wont give you any more useable power to the ground. PTO power, different story, and those specs are always clearly listed for comparison.

Would an HST pull any of these trailers on the road? Nope. It can barely move in High range, let alone with a trailer attached to it.

This is a Kioti DK5010. Tractors are driven on the road a lot and that can't be done in Low or Medium range. It will be done in High range and just upshift or downshift as needed on the fly using the main gears.

227491302_5856539127754777_1467849007697020078_n.jpg
107663742_2717601998477019_8190192754226682284_n.jpg

/ Kioti DK model Comparisons
Just for purpose of argument, google tells me the % of automatic trannies in 18 wheel tractors is nearing 85% and that European truckers were quicker to make that change. Yes, it's also true that many off road tractors go on road to work fields in spread out areas. In my area where logging is a primary industry logs come out of the woods, bucked at nearest open area then loaded on road trucks to either a mill or a concentration yard- never seen a log trailer pulled by a tractor as above-I'm curious where is that in practice?
I'd like to use an HST for awhile to try it out but cannot bring myself to buy one.

/ Kioti DK model Comparisons #19  
If you chained 2 identical tractors together with the same hitch points other than being HST or geared it would pretty much be a tie. If you’re expecting the HST to pull 4 logs while the geared would do 7 it’s not happening that way. Tire choice along with the ballast on the tractor will make way more difference than HST vs gears.

/ Kioti DK model Comparisons #20  
Would an HST pull any of these trailers on the road? Nope. It can barely move in High range, let alone with a trailer attached to it.

This is a Kioti DK5010. Tractors are driven on the road a lot and that can't be done in Low or Medium range. It will be done in High range and just upshift or downshift as needed on the fly using the main gears.

227491302_5856539127754777_1467849007697020078_n.jpg
107663742_2717601998477019_8190192754226682284_n.jpg

I think we need to acknowledge some fundamental differences here. For one America is huge. Nobody buys a slow tractor to go down the road here. Due to that first part they aren’t really safe to do so. They don’t have good brakes, they don’t have any suspension, they don’t have tight and responsive steering, they don’t go even half the speed limit on most roads. They have near useless lights and signals. The bottom line is in America farmers drive they’re tractors down the road as a method of moving them but nobody buys a tractor to go down the road. Also in America nobody farms with compact tractors. They’re for homeowners to play with while any actual farming is done with much larger tractors. Also due to lack of development or care our gear transmissions are lacking. Small tractors here usually don’t have a good gear transmission. More likely they’ll have a crude 1-4/hi/low trans. And a HST will outperform that in almost every task.