Kioti DK Throttle lubrication with pix

/ Kioti DK Throttle lubrication with pix #11  
Here are some more pics to add to the thread from my own recent repair to the throttle adjustment: IMG_2720.jpg IMG_2722.jpg IMG_2721 - Copy.jpg IMG_2723.jpg IMG_2724.jpg IMG_2726.jpgIMG_2727.JPG

Explanation of pics in next post below VVVVVVVV

/ Kioti DK Throttle lubrication with pix #12  
I put a wrench on each one and it broke free easily.
Make sure you are turning them in opposite directions. Upper nut turn right bottom turn left.

17mm?

/ Kioti DK Throttle lubrication with pix #13  
The double nuts shown above, in pic #3, loosened after taking the throttle mechanism completely apart, and covering anything and everything that can or should move with liberal amounts of copper anti-seize. The nuts are best loosened by putting two box end wrenches on them then loosening the bottom nut then the top nut. You get your final adjustment by snugging the bottom against the top once you've attained the desired amount of tension in the throttle lever movement. Caution to not go too loose on the tension after being used to it being too tight. What I suggest is set things up and leave the clamshell covers off until you've used the throttle for a while and if it's OK then close up the rest, and don't forget the throttle boot goes in between the two clamshell halves.

The rest of the pics are from different angles side and top views of the entire assembly. When re-installing the two clamshell bolts, first clean all the rust off and coat them with copper antiseize. Once the entire assembly is closed back up one can either tape off the top holes to keep water out or stuff liberal amounts of grease/antiseize in the holes, or both, to keep them from rusting shut.

Spray some cable lube of one's choice down the tube in which the throttle cable rides for extra protection and you should be good to go for a very long time.:thumbsup:
Hope the pics help....

/ Kioti DK Throttle lubrication with pix #14  
   / Kioti DK Throttle lubrication with pix #15  
After the Kroil loosened it up a bit, I followed that with some Fluid Film, which is my spray on lube of choice, as it penetrates as a liquid, but forms a grease after a few minutes.
James K0UA
Give Chain Wax a try one of these days. It may fill a gap in the "tool" arsenal.:confused3:
larry

/ Kioti DK Throttle lubrication with pix #16  
Today I decided to finally get around to lubing the very stiff hand throttle of my DK35se. It was always stiff and not getting any better with age. First challenge is to figure out how to remove the two "clam-shells" of the upper and lower cover around the steering column. The two holes at the top were a little bit of a mystery, as there did not seem to be a bolt or screw in the holes when probed with a screwdriver, all I got was dirt and rust. They seem to just be holes to allow water to get down into to rust the ends of the 10 Millimeter bolts that go in from the bottom. :)

They are part of the manufacturing process of the moulded in imbedded nuts I suppose. Any way you remove the 10 millimeter bolts with a small impact ( I used my Rockwell Thrill on impact mode). They have phillips head crosses in them too but you are not going to get these top two off with a screwdriver for sure as they will be rusted. Note I recommend dropping some lube down those holes at least once a year, I intend to, even though my tractor rarely sits in the ran any more.

After removing all of the bolts, you press in on the bottom on both sides of the top clam shell piece to release some small moulded in catches. You Then unfasten the Molex connector on the left side that contains all of the connections for the Key switch.. I lubed up all of the moving parts. but the main part that did the most good was to apply some Kroil to the top part of the friction washer underneath the piece of metal the throttle handle is welded to. This is put on very tightly with 17 MM nuts in a double nutted fashion and probably with an Impact.

After the Kroil loosened it up a bit, I followed that with some Fluid Film, which is my spray on lube of choice, as it penetrates as a liquid, but forms a grease after a few minutes.

Of course re-assemble (you will enjoy getting everything lined back up) and you are done. Now the throttle is many ft. lbs less torque to operate, but still has enough tension to not vibrate around. Of course this would also be the way you would replace the notorious key switch.. I had a few intermittent contacts at first with the key-switch about 140 hours and over a year ago, when the tractor used to sit out in the rain, But I sprayed some Fluid Film in the switch, and have had no more trouble since then. Of course it doesn't sit out in the rain very often any more either. Thanks for Looking.View attachment 329237View attachment 329238

James K0UA

Although this is an old thread it came in handy for me today. My DK35se's throttle stuck at full open (not a runaway, just stuck). The lever or cable was binding at the steering column end. I could not push it to the idle position. I was able to slow it down by pulling the cable back at the engine end, but I still could not move it with the throttle lever.

I removed the three bolts from the steering column upper clamshell but could not figure how to get them apart. I removed the lower clamshell so I could look up into the upper one, but still could not figure how to get it apart.

Stumped, I came inside and searched for this thread. K0ua's instructions in this thread's first post gave me the answer, and it was easy from there.

I took the opportunity to loosen and lubricate the throttle linkage as described, something I have been putting off for 1.5 years. It works much better now.

Thanks for the excellent instructions James K0ua, and TractorByNet in general for being such a good resource.

/ Kioti DK Throttle lubrication with pix
Although this is an old thread it came in handy for me today. My DK35se's throttle stuck at full open (not a runaway, just stuck). The lever or cable was binding at the steering column end. I could not push it to the idle position. I was able to slow it down by pulling the cable back at the engine end, but I still could not move it with the throttle lever.

I removed the three bolts from the steering column upper clamshell but could not figure how to get them apart. I removed the lower clamshell so I could look up into the upper one, but still could not figure how to get it apart.

Stumped, I came inside and searched for this thread. K0ua's instructions in this thread's first post gave me the answer, and it was easy from there.

I took the opportunity to loosen and lubricate the throttle linkage as described, something I have been putting off for 1.5 years. It works much better now.

Thanks for the excellent instructions James K0ua, and TractorByNet in general for being such a good resource.

I am glad to have helped you. As a matter of fact you have helped me before, and I am glad to return the favor.:thumbsup:

/ Kioti DK Throttle lubrication with pix #18  
K0ua, I've got the silver never seize. That would work just as good, wouldn't it?

/ Kioti DK Throttle lubrication with pix
K0ua, I've got the silver never seize. That would work just as good, wouldn't it?

I think any good lube would work. I like the fluid film because it is easy to apply and lubes well .

/ Kioti DK Throttle lubrication with pix #20  
My DK35 suffers from the same problem. Is there any lubrication / cleaning that you can get to without pulling the dash off? Working from memory it looks like it might be a lot of work and I worry that I might endup tearing up more than I fix