Kioti DK50se front differential problems

/ Kioti DK50se front differential problems #1  

Tacos dk50se

Tractor
kioti dk50se
Hello out there. I am new to this forum. I found this site trying to figure out my issue on my tractor any help would be greatly appreciated. front end locks up in two wheel drive and when you put in in four wheel drive it has a slip and a popping noise. I'm thinking I've sheared teeth i have found a good source for a parts break down
link at the bottom but i am looking for a service manual for at least the front differential any help or ideas are greatly appreciated thanks
KIOTI

/ Kioti DK50se front differential problems #2  
:welcome:
To TBN Tacos. Glad that you joined. This is the place to get any question answered.

Sorry that I can't help as I have never experienced that problem, but someone will be along shortly to answer it for you.

/ Kioti DK50se front differential problems #3  
:welcome: Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Kioti section to see if we can find you some advice.

/ Kioti DK50se front differential problems #4  
Hello out there. I am new to this forum. I found this site trying to figure out my issue on my tractor any help would be greatly appreciated. front end locks up in two wheel drive and when you put in in four wheel drive it has a slip and a popping noise. I'm thinking I've sheared teeth i have found a good source for a parts break down
link at the bottom but i am looking for a service manual for at least the front differential any help or ideas are greatly appreciated thanks
KIOTI

Had a similar issue on my dk45sehst, front end had to be rebuilt. It actually locked up and I had to use the bucket to get the tractor to move forward (sliding it on the ground). I think it wound up costing me 1300 at the dealership. If I remember correctly, they rebult the one side then the next year the other side went. Happened with 4wd engaged. FOr reference only, I think I have about 800-900 hours on it. I am now working on replacing the vinyl on my seat, as it has all cracked this winter. Hooray.

I can't recall what he told me, but something about how the front end is built they have to split it or something. I do some of the maintenance and repairs myself, but I left this one to them.

/ Kioti DK50se front differential problems #5  
One thing that can cause this is pulling something very substantial in reverse with 4wd engaged. With front wheel assist tractors (front tires smaller than the back the front end is not robust enough to handle all the torque the tractor can put out and things in the front end will break. Especially if your trying to pull out another stuck tractor or a large tree always try to pull in forward with what ever it is hooked to the back, never to the front pulling in reverse. If you have to pull in reverse disengage the 4wd.

/ Kioti DK50se front differential problems #6  
One thing that can cause this is pulling something very substantial in reverse with 4wd engaged. With front wheel assist tractors (front tires smaller than the back the front end is not robust enough to handle all the torque the tractor can put out and things in the front end will break. Especially if your trying to pull out another stuck tractor or a large tree always try to pull in forward with what ever it is hooked to the back, never to the front pulling in reverse. If you have to pull in reverse disengage the 4wd.

I was not aware of this. Is there a warning or caution that I should have read? It makes sense in what you explain but all news to me.

/ Kioti DK50se front differential problems #7  

I don't follow your logic at all, the only way you'd overload the front axle would be trying to lift and curl your bucket while trying to pull backwards on a high traction surface.
Unless you are mashing the front tires down on a good traction the tires will spin out.

/ Kioti DK50se front differential problems #8  
I don't follow your logic at all, the only way you'd overload the front axle would be trying to lift and curl your bucket while trying to pull backwards on a high traction surface.
Unless you are mashing the front tires down on a good traction the tires will spin out.

I think what he is talking about here is the spiral bevel gear, and the bevel pinion gear (ring and pinion) of the front axle,which have teeth that are far more robust when working in the fwd direction than in reverse due to the profile of the teeth.

I've seen this exact scenario play out before in a Massey 1533

Untitled.jpg

Tacos issue could be coming from a number of places in the front axle and both axle bevel gear cases. Just have to dig in to find out.

/ Kioti DK50se front differential problems #9  
Could be I'm glad mine is a planetary type reduction.

/ Kioti DK50se front differential problems #10  
Could be I'm glad mine is a planetary type reduction.

The Branson 8050 does indeed have planetary reduction hubs, but I'm referring to the input drive to the front axle, which is still ring and pinion style. These types of ring and pinions do not handle reverse direction loads very well. Its the same for most cars/trucks/tractors etc. Good to keep in mind as a rule of thumb, be careful loading up and shock loading an axle machine in reverse, the ring and pinion gear teeth are not really designed for this.