Buying Advice Kioti DK55 vs LS U5030

/ Kioti DK55 vs LS U5030 #1  

tmdupre

Tractor
2014 LS U5030 55hp open deck
First I want to say I'm a newbie here and want to say hi and look forward to learning as much as I can from all you experts. I grew up on a farm and was actually driving combines when I was 13, but that was many moons ago and I got away from the farming and a lot has changed since then.

My question is I'm considering purchasing a tractor. Here are the two models I'm looking at. There is a 2013 used Kioti DK55 with a cab. It only has around 130 hrs on it with a FEL. They are asking $28000. The other tractor is a brand new LS U5030 which is a 55 hp tractor, it has the FEL and also has been configured with the 3rd function and also comes with a WR Long 64 grapple all for $30500. Any advantages of one over the other. Both are Tier 3. The LS doesn't come with a cab. Both have two remotes, manual shuttle. Both seem to have good feedback as far as quality, craftsmanship and price from what I've read so far.

I want to say thanks in advance for any comments. Please give me the pros and cons of both.

Tom

/ Kioti DK55 vs LS U5030 #2  
First I want to say I'm a newbie here and want to say hi and look forward to learning as much as I can from all you experts. I grew up on a farm and was actually driving combines when I was 13, but that was many moons ago and I got away from the farming and a lot has changed since then.

My question is I'm considering purchasing a tractor. Here are the two models I'm looking at. There is a 2013 used Kioti DK55 with a cab. It only has around 130 hrs on it with a FEL. They are asking $28000. The other tractor is a brand new LS U5030 which is a 55 hp tractor, it has the FEL and also has been configured with the 3rd function and also comes with a WR Long 64 grapple all for $30500. Any advantages of one over the other. Both are Tier 3. The LS doesn't come with a cab. Both have two remotes, manual shuttle. Both seem to have good feedback as far as quality, craftsmanship and price from what I've read so far.

I want to say thanks in advance for any comments. Please give me the pros and cons of both.

Tom
IMHO go with the Cab tractor you won,t regret it.

/ Kioti DK55 vs LS U5030
Any kioti dk55 owners or ls u5030 owners want to share their thoughts or anyone for that matter. Thanks

/ Kioti DK55 vs LS U5030 #4  
Both are good tractors. I would go with the DK for the cab. I also think their asking price is too high, if you could knock it down a little, you could take the extra cash and put in the 3rd function, if you want it. At 130hrs, that DK is pretty much new.

/ Kioti DK55 vs LS U5030 #5  
I have the U5030, so I am biased towards that. Thoroughly satisfied with my choice. I admit I have no experience with the Kioti (or know anybody else with one), so can't give a comparison.

How much value is in the grapple and 3rd function FEL? I paid $27k for the basic tractor with FEL (and have heard here of others who have gotten it cheaper), so you can calculate from there.

The Kioti sounds very similar in features and at 130 hrs is basically new. $28k with cab sounds like a good deal (if you want the cab).

/ Kioti DK55 vs LS U5030 #6  
I owned a Kioti DK and have an LS now. I think the quality is there in either tractor and would get the cab, I move way too much snow.

The one thing I would check into is make sure the Kioti wasn't a "problem" tractor. Was it a Demo or did someone trade up for a larger tractor versus it's had problems from the start. It can happen to any color tractor.

I would also want to know what kind of warranty comes on the Kioti, if any. You will have to weigh that against the peace of mind in buying new with the warranty.

Good luck in your search!

/ Kioti DK55 vs LS U5030
I have the U5030, so I am biased towards that. Thoroughly satisfied with my choice. I admit I have no experience with the Kioti (or know anybody else with one), so can't give a comparison.

How much value is in the grapple and 3rd function FEL? I paid $27k for the basic tractor with FEL (and have heard here of others who have gotten it cheaper), so you can calculate from there.

The Kioti sounds very similar in features and at 130 hrs is basically new. $28k with cab sounds like a good deal (if you want the cab).

PatMcD, He is going to sell me the tractor for $27, for a tier 3 which are harder to find new now, is probably a real good price. He had already installed a 3rd function because he was selling the tractor to someone who got laid off from his job before he completed the purchase, so it was already on the tractor. He is charging me $1050 for the 3rd function which is what most probably pay to have it installed. They did a really good job in setting it up.

The grapple he sells is the WR Long which is a very good grapple, but they have an auction coming up in two weeks that has several Tomahawk and Stout grapples which are all heavy duty and well made. So I may go and see what they sell for and if I can make a really good deal, then purchase one there.

Thanks for your comments.

/ Kioti DK55 vs LS U5030
I owned a Kioti DK and have an LS now. I think the quality is there in either tractor and would get the cab, I move way too much snow.

The one thing I would check into is make sure the Kioti wasn't a "problem" tractor. Was it a Demo or did someone trade up for a larger tractor versus it's had problems from the start. It can happen to any color tractor.

I would also want to know what kind of warranty comes on the Kioti, if any. You will have to weigh that against the peace of mind in buying new with the warranty.

Good luck in your search!

Deerherd, by the way, I love your avatar. I saw this way back and loved it.

If I was further up north and had to deal with snow like all of you, the cab would be a no brainer. The Kioti is 4 hrs away from me and my wife didn't really want to drive all the way up there to go see it. Plus one of the things I read a lot from all of you is dealer support. I was very impressed with the LS dealer. his shop is first class, he is very nice, courteous and helpful. There are two Kioti dealers about 30 to 45 minutes from me in different directions. I went to the one who is a 5 paw rating and just wasn't impressed with his setup at all. Looks like they are working out of a barn. They may do good work, but just didn't look as professional as the LS dealer. Plus I'm been reading about people having problems getting parts, customer support from Kioti, so all that swayed me over to the LS. Yes, I would have loved to have the cab, but I won't be living in it either, so I'll survive.

The Kioti still had the two year warranty until Jan 2016 and he did come down some on the price. So it probably would have been a good buy as well. Thanks for your comments as well.

/ Kioti DK55 vs LS U5030
Just to let everyone know, it looks like I'm going with the LS U5030. When I get it in a couple weeks, I'll post pictures. I would have loved to have the cab tractor, but if you read my comments earlier, it didn't work out for me to go see the Kioti (4 hrs away) and the LS dealer impressed me so much, that I decided to go that way. I believe it made my wife happy too, so if she is happy, then I am too.

It has the FEL with 3rd function already installed. I'm going to get a grapple for it, an a rotary cutter to start and will build from that. Any suggestions on things to do as far as maintaining a new tractor, what implements are nice to have, etc would be appreciated. I guess now I'm part of the tractor brotherhood.