Kioti Field Cab

/ Kioti Field Cab #1  

SullysTractor

Tractor
Kioti CK3510
Hello from Colorado,

I am looking into buying a field cab for my 2016 CK3510. I got a quote from a dealer for just under $7000. I also got some prices for two seperate cabs made by a company called Curtis. The price on these range between $3500 for a cab with soft doors and a vinyl back window to $4500 for the one with hard doors and a solid rear window. after I add the accessories to the curtis cabs (aprox. $1000) to get the equivelent of what comes standard with the Kioti cab there is still a significant price difference.

My question is does anyone on here have either cab on their Kioti? If so how do you like it? are there any issues or features that are less than desirable? I am not that close to a dealer for either one where I could just run up there and actually get a hands on look at either one. The Kioti seems to be nicer from what I could tell from on-line research. The Curtis seems like it would be ok as well. Does any one know if the Kioti field cab doors are removable for working in the summer? The Curtis ones are according to their brochure.

Thanks in advance for any information that any one is willing to give.

Sully

/ Kioti Field Cab #2  
Curtis does make a nice product, I had one of their cabs on my Polaris Ranger and it did the job. If it were mine I would opt for the Kioti cab and pay the extra if it was within my budget.

/ Kioti Field Cab
I heard back from the Kioti dealer I purchased my tractor from and it looks like the Kioti cab is about $6,000 plus shipping which would be between $600 to $1,000. Wow!!!Not sure the cost of the Kioti cab would be worth the extra $3,000.

/ Kioti Field Cab #4  
Does the factory cab have AC or the provision to add AC.
Without AC a tractor cab becomes a very effective hot house.

/ Kioti Field Cab #5  
Does the factory cab have AC or the provision to add AC.
Without AC a tractor cab becomes a very effective hot house.

If I remember right, yes it does have AC. The Field Option cabs seem to be the factory cab installed after the fact.

/ Kioti Field Cab #6  
I had to run my NX5510 w/o a cabin fan (bad factory crimp on wiring in cab top)* in early summer at it was horrible: keep in mind that I'm in the PNW where it really doesn't get all that hot. Heat and AC is mandatory in a cab. Being able to operate a tractor in conditions that you wouldn't want to operate an open-station one has value; how much more it up to each person to decide (one could do the math based on per-hour value). I'll take this opportunity to once again thank all the great advice I had when I was looking to buy my tractor, all those recommending getting a cab (much cheaper up-front).

* I would have attended to this problem right away except that it took several hours of labor in cleaning up UTV that the dealer used to cement the cab top (to resolve a leak).

Be aware that cabs can make wonderful mouse habitats! (constant battle with them)

/ Kioti Field Cab #7  
I agree with DieselBound. If you want a cab, at least A/C is a must. I live in Canada where it doesn't get that hot and without air, the cab would be unbearable.

/ Kioti Field Cab #8  
Yesterday clearing snow it was humid outside and I used the AC to reduce the window fogging in the cab with the heat on.
If the factory cab includes the AC for the increased amount over the curtis cab I would not hesitate to get the factory cab.

/ Kioti Field Cab
Thank you for the replys on this. The Kioti cab price does not include the A/C. That would be a few thousand dollars on top of the $7,000. I just had to have our well pump replaced which is over 700' down so that put affording a cab this year out of range. When I do get back on track, it looks like the Curtis cab will be my best bet. I'm thinking that installing a 12V fan to help circulate heat will definately be part of the install. Curtis has a couple options for cabs and I am really leaning towards the soft cab so the doors and back window could be removed for the summer. I also like that the soft doors have more visibility when on because you can see through the lower portion of the door where the hard door is solid on the bottom. I'm sure that the hard cab would keep the heat in better but I can livve with a little draft in order to have better visibility.

Thanks again,

Sully

/ Kioti Field Cab #10  
Might be better off selling your tractor and buying one with a factory cab……. Something to think about. There doesn’t seem to be much depreciation, and you get a brand new warranty that way.

Our Kioti dealer routinely installs the Kioti field cab on open station tractors though. After another season of blowing snow without a cab, my BIL is apparently going forward with a field cab. I have the factory cab on my CK, and use the a/c a lot, even though we don’t exactly live in the tropics.