Kioti hydraulic fluid reference, NX filter reference

/ Kioti hydraulic fluid reference, NX filter reference #1  

ishiboo

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010HSTC, Cat 279c
A followup here for those it helps: I have a Kioti PSB which lists the following fluids for ALL Kioti tractors on the list as being acceptable for our transmissions.

• Kiotu UTF (duh)
  • Exxon Hydraul 560
  • Exxon Torque Fluid 56
  • Pennzoil Hydra Tranz
  • Mobilfluid 424 (manual also lists 423)
  • BP TracTran UTH
  • Shell Donax TD
  • Citgo Mystik JT-5 Universal
  • Texaco TDH Oil
Mills Fleet Farm sells the "Farm Rated" brand of lube, which is re-branded Citgo. There are ZERO specs on the universal fluid pail, which makes determining what the **** it is quite difficult. Citgo says the "Farm Rated Universal Trans-Hydraulic Fluid" meets the same requirements as their Mystik JT-5, but does not go as far as saying it is the same thing. As such, the "Farm Rated Universal Trans-Hydraulic Fluid" is acceptable for use in the Kiotis. I have a feeling that it, Mystik JT-5, and Citgo Transgard Tractor Hydraulic Fluid are all the same fluid or 100% equivalent.

Interestingly, MFF also sells "Farm Rated Universal Trans-Hydraulic Fluid for John Deere" at a few bucks a gallon premium, which DOES advertise a single spec it meets or exceeds - John Deere J20C - and says it exceeds many others. This fluid "meets all the same specs" as the "Universal Trans-Hydraulic Fluid" - which means it is the same fluid, but with John Deere on the pail and an extra up charge - pure marketing. You literally pay 5 bucks a gallon more for it to say John Deere on the pail.

Thus, you can add to the above list the following fluids which are acceptable:

• Mills Fleet Farm Universal Trans-Hydraulic Fluid
  • Mills Fleet Farm Universal Trans-Hydraulic Fluid for John Deere
  • Citgo Transgard Tractor Hydraulic Fluid
  • Blains Farm and Fleet Universal Tractor Hydraulic Fluid

These are substantially cheaper than ordering online, and are still brand name fluids that meet the necessary specs. The MFF UTHF is on sale right now for around $35 for a 5 gallon pail.

/ Kioti hydraulic fluid reference, NX filter reference
NX-series filters: (believe these to be the same for all NX-series, though I have a 6010)

• Oil: E6201-32443 (Kioti)
  • Fuel: F6800-16411 (Kioti)
  • Hydraulic: T4125-38021 (big pricey one, you need both!)
  • Hydraulic: T4620-38032 (less expensive small one, you need both!)
  • Air: T4710-11081 (Donaldson)

The oil filter crosses to the following wonderful list, in case you need to pick up a high-quality brand-name replacement locally. Or a Fram instead.

AC-DELCO PF9
AC-DELCO PF970
AC-DELCO PF970C
AMSOIL EAO44
BALDWIN B141
BALDWIN B7352
BOSCH 3401
BOSCH 72188
CARQUEST 85381
CARQUEST 85626
CARQUEST B4619
CHAMP PH2801
CHAMP PH2809
CHAMP PH2852
CHAMPION OF422
CHRYSLER 33003509
CHRYSLER 33004195
CHRYSLER 53002656
CHRYSLER 7700730077
CHRYSLER 83501900
CHRYSLER 8933003509
CHRYSLER 8933004195
CHRYSLER 8953002656
CHRYSLER 8983501900
CHRYSLER MD031805
CHRYSLER MD084693
CHRYSLER T0720978
CHRYSLER T0730077
CITGO C4619
DONALDSON P550716
FLEETGUARD LF3494
FLEETGUARD LF3624
GENERAL MOTORS 25011441
GENERAL MOTORS 25013451
GENERAL MOTORS 25014155
GENERAL MOTORS 6439354
GENERAL MOTORS 94243270
GOODYEAR L289
HAVOLINE T-33
LUBER-FINER PH2801
LUBER-FINER PH2872A
MOBIL M1-207
MOBIL MO289
MOTOR TREND ML3985
MOTORCRAFT FL 306
MOTORCRAFT FL 403
MOTORCRAFT FL 837
NAPA 1626
PENNZOIL PZ-30
PUROLATOR L14619
PUROLATOR L17817
SHELL SH33
VALVOLINE L289
VALVOLINE VO19
VALVOLINE VO35
WIX 51381
WIX 51626
WIX 57731

Kioti really needs to work on specs/documentation. Kioti's website still lists the NX as "Aspiration: natural", my dealer's brochure listed the 60 as only having like 2HP at the PTO more than the 45 or 50 IIRC, and the fluid capacities are different everywhere you look, and my favorite part: step 2 of replacing a headlight bulb is "Remove the cab."

• Good Post
Reactions: WRX
One more note: my dealer recommends and sells New Holland Ambra Multi-G 124 for the Kiotis they sell.

I believe that these systems are pretty common and any universal, modern fluid designed for hydrostatic transmissions in mind (anti-foaming, anti-chatter, etc. additives) is going to be 100% fine and you won't be able to tell the difference. Though in very cold areas, a fluid thinner than the 10W30 viscosity recommended (DO NOT get confused there and use engine oil) may be helpful.

/ Kioti hydraulic fluid reference, NX filter reference #6  
I sat there looking at the Mills Fleet Farm universal trans/hydro oil, but lacking any specs, I didn't get it.

I also sat there looking at the not spec NAPA universal hydro-trans oil, but didn't go for it.

So that I understand and own this information, how did you confirm the connection of oil spec between the farm-rated and name brand stuff Kioti wants us to use, but is impossible to get locally (at least for me)?

I sat there looking at the Mills Fleet Farm universal trans/hydro oil, but lacking any specs, I didn't get it.

I also sat there looking at the not spec NAPA universal hydro-trans oil, but didn't go for it.

So that I understand and own this information, how did you confirm the connection of oil spec between the farm-rated and name brand stuff Kioti wants us to use, but is impossible to get locally (at least for me)?

Yeah, I mentioned to MFF having that labeled (or not) as it was, was roughly equivalent to having a big 5 gallon pail of "Engine Oil" with no other labeling. I have a feeling that trans-hydraulic oil really is pretty much universal, and any modern UTHF is fine. (No 303 or whatever.)

A "name brand" Kioti fluid is available at all TSC stores nationwide, in the form of Mystik JT-5.

Verifying the MFF would work was as simple as calling the manufacturer (Citgo), and they verified it met all the same specs as the JT-5 and was equivalent to. Citgo makes both products so it was probably pretty easy.

The bad: Before doing the oil change, I noticed the oil fill was cross-threaded and pulled the dipstick and it didn't even read... my NX6010 only came with about 7-8 gallons of fluid in it. Was able to drain from the drain plug and both filters and barely full a 5 gallon bucket and a half.

Also, pouring from a 5 gallon pail is voodoo. **** is all over and I got about a teaspoon in, not sure how I filled my Kubota but I think I had a giant funnel. Going to buy a 5 gallon pour spout for paint and hope it works!

/ Kioti hydraulic fluid reference, NX filter reference #8  
Yeah, I mentioned to MFF having that labeled (or not) as it was, was roughly equivalent to having a big 5 gallon pail of "Engine Oil" with no other labeling. I have a feeling that trans-hydraulic oil really is pretty much universal, and any modern UTHF is fine. (No 303 or whatever.)

A "name brand" Kioti fluid is available at all TSC stores nationwide, in the form of Mystik JT-5.

Verifying the MFF would work was as simple as calling the manufacturer (Citgo), and they verified it met all the same specs as the JT-5 and was equivalent to. Citgo makes both products so it was probably pretty easy.

The bad: Before doing the oil change, I noticed the oil fill was cross-threaded and pulled the dipstick and it didn't even read... my NX6010 only came with about 7-8 gallons of fluid in it. Was able to drain from the drain plug and both filters and barely full a 5 gallon bucket and a half.

Also, pouring from a 5 gallon pail is voodoo. **** is all over and I got about a teaspoon in, not sure how I filled my Kubota but I think I had a giant funnel. Going to buy a 5 gallon pour spout for paint and hope it works!

I live under a rock, what does MFF mean?

I double funnel for filling the hydro the two times I've done it so far.

Seems to me I looked into Mystik JT-5 in 5 gallon pails the second time I changed my fluid and at the time it was about as expensive as pails of Mobilfuild 424 so I went with 424 mail order out of Oil Hub.

I redoubled my efforts and see that Blanes Fleet Farm is selling pails for $40.00 a throw.

Too bad that Fleet Pride, Mill's Fleet Farm and L&M Fleet do not carry what I think I need.

The closest TSC is in Little Falls, over 70 miles away.

I live under a rock, what does MFF mean?

I double funnel for filling the hydro the two times I've done it so far.

Seems to me I looked into Mystik JT-5 in 5 gallon pails the second time I changed my build and it is about as expensive as pails of Mobilfuild 424.

I redoubled my efforts and see that Blanes Fleet Farm is selling pails for $40.00 a throw.

Too bad that Fleet Pride, Mill's Fleet Farm and L&M Fleet do not carry what I think I need.

The closest TSC is in Little Falls, over 70 miles away.

MFF = Mills Fleet Farm.

I bought a 5 gallon paint bucket cover, which has a bigger thread that goes along with a small extension. Made it easy to fill with a funnel on a small plastic hose.

Mystik JT-5 is substantially cheaper than 424, as you know it's on sale... the nearest Blains is over an hour and a half from me so I didn't go that route, or I would have.

I think you're missing the point - Mills Fleet Farm's Universal Trans-Hydraulic Fluid is fine for this application. It is made by Citgo, and Mystik IS Citgo. Citgo says it is completely compatible and meets all the same specs.

/ Kioti hydraulic fluid reference, NX filter reference #10  

Hey guys,
Well... I'm about 7 years late on this thread.

What caught my eye is the comment where you were looking at the NAPA UTF. I was told it was cross-referenced to the products listed in my Kioti CK 30HST. Also Kioti stated to me that ANY UTF would work just fine. Well, interestingly enough when I did my last oils/filters change I used the NAPA cross-referenced synthetic UTF by Coastal. Now my tractor's steering starts to 'chatter' a bit after the oil gets hot. Also when I put my bucket on the ground and try to lift the front wheels off the ground it's "EXTREMELY" slow. While everything else seems to function ok, they do seem to be just a bit slower than normal.

I do NOT have any air in the lines. I've put about 50 hours on the tractor after this oil change. Also there is no foaming or discoloration in the oil.

Any suggestions anyone? Any experience with symptoms like these anyone? This is driving me crazy!

Thx
BubbaSam