Kioti hydraulic fluid reference, NX filter reference

/ Kioti hydraulic fluid reference, NX filter reference #11  
Just ran across this site for cross referencing hydraulic fluids (and others) and thought I'd share:

Petroleum Service Company | The Pioneer of Online Petroleum Sales

I need to do the 400hr service on my NX and didn't want to go with what my dealer is carrying, which is Mahindra and is likely a pretty generic 10w-30 under the label: I gave them enough money for the trans and hydro filters! Best I'm seeing, for me, is Shell Rotella HD Tractor Fluid (for my NX) as it's available at the local TSC (about $55/5 gal).

/ Kioti hydraulic fluid reference, NX filter reference #12  
Summit racing has mobilfluid 424 , for 66.99 after rebate.

/ Kioti hydraulic fluid reference, NX filter reference #13  
I had to go to two stores, but got 15 gallons of Shell Rotella HD Tractor Fluid. Will be changing shortly. Looking forward to seeing how well it works. $54.99/5 gal, so pretty good price for a good spec'd fluid.

/ Kioti hydraulic fluid reference, NX filter reference #14  
I'd like to find a generic for J20D. Gets really cold here.

/ Kioti hydraulic fluid reference, NX filter reference #15  
I had to buy 20 gallons for mine it took over 15 , I want to think it was around 17-1/2

/ Kioti hydraulic fluid reference, NX filter reference #17  
I had to buy 20 gallons for mine it took over 15 , I want to think it was around 17-1/2

Oh no! I Only picked up 15. Manual said something like 12. I'm doing the front axle, which is about another 2 (a bit less I think).

/ Kioti hydraulic fluid reference, NX filter reference #18  
I’d have to look at my manual , but I think mine called for under 15 also. Make sure you get all the drain plugs, there are 4 on mine, 2 under the tarns case and one on the bottom of each rear spur gear housings. As for the front I used a complete different oil but you can run the same as your going to do.

On a side note, I just remembered your running a hydro and mines a gear drive, could be the difference, but I would have thought a hydro would have held more.

/ Kioti hydraulic fluid reference, NX filter reference #19  
country, thanks for the reminder on the rear axle drains! (I'd forgotten! OK, I didn't forget something that I didn't know about in the first place :D)

Oddly, the HST tractors take LESS hydraulic fluid. That's what the manual shows. I have used up about 12 gallons so far and the dip stick shows it's slightly over- have not started, so filters are empty yet. That includes probably about 1 1/2 gallons put back in the front axle: also need to run before topping off.

I'd bought a battery powered fluid transfer pump, only to find that it really didn't do worth a squat with the hydraulic fluid. Ended up man-handling the 5 gallon buckets, ugh. Before the next circus rolls around I'll pick up a hand pump that is good for oil. NOTE: one of the reasons why I feel a bit lazy is because I'm still recovering from shoulder surgery.

Anxious to see how well this Shell fluid works.

/ Kioti hydraulic fluid reference, NX filter reference #20  
Yes pouring that much oil can be a pain for sure, I used a hand pump that fits into the spout on the pails, I thought about the other ones but didn’t want to remove the bucket lids.

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg