Kioti Injection Pump Failure Data

/ Kioti Injection Pump Failure Data #51  
2006 CK25
New style pump
failed at ~320 hours - stuck open full throttle
Kioti replaced under warranty
I have same problem.. No warrenty... Still checking how to repair full throttle ck35.. Any help .. Pump was operating before i removed and cleaned , installed back. Solinoid was the problem. Any help.. Could i have set off timming????

/ Kioti Injection Pump Failure Data
Timing problem unlikely unless the IP camshaft (in the block) is broken. Very rare but it has happened (the back end of the camshaft drives the hydraulic pump). Not clear what's going on here. Did you have runaway before you removed the IP or after? Maybe you can describe what happened when. "Pump was operating before i removed and cleaned" doesn't make sense; why remove a pump that's working? How was the solenoid the problem?

This may not be your problem but typical scenario is either no start or sudden high engine RPM. The typical cause is broken teeth on the gear portion of a control sleeve inside the IP. Even after successful repair the tractor will be hard to start until all air is purged from the IP and injector hard lines. A new IP from Kioti costs near $1K but you (or a Diesel shop) can replace all the control sleeves for about $100. Presumably, new/current control sleeves are tougher than the 2006-2008 version. The actual repair is an easy DIY job but, having said that, it's just as easy to reassemble the IP wrong.

/ Kioti Injection Pump Failure Data #53  
Timing problem unlikely unless the IP camshaft (in the block) is broken. Very rare but it has happened (the back end of the camshaft drives the hydraulic pump). Not clear what's going on here. Did you have runaway before you removed the IP or after? Maybe you can describe what happened when. "Pump was operating before i removed and cleaned" doesn't make sense; why remove a pump that's working? How was the solenoid the problem?

This may not be your problem but typical scenario is either no start or sudden high engine RPM. The typical cause is broken teeth on the gear portion of a control sleeve inside the IP. Even after successful repair the tractor will be hard to start until all air is purged from the IP and injector hard lines. A new IP from Kioti costs near $1K but you (or a Diesel shop) can replace all the control sleeves for about $100. Presumably, new/current control sleeves are tougher than the 2006-2008 version. The actual repair is an easy DIY job but, having said that, it's just as easy to reassemble the IP wrong.
I thought it wad pump failer thats why i disassemble it and verified it to have good teeth . just opened ip again and realised it was the pin that holds evrything was probably set wrong way. Thats why my pump accelerate.. Hoping this is my problem. Dont know which way it goes. Pin Has a cut i. Middle..

Attachments

• 16190643119364187837571819253701.jpg
    16190643119364187837571819253701.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
  • 16190643399523435104527446758409.jpg
    16190643399523435104527446758409.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
   / Kioti Injection Pump Failure Data #54  
Hope someone can tell me direction on installment.

/ Kioti Injection Pump Failure Data
Joe, I think we may have confusing communications. I'm not certain what the pin is or where it is in your photos. Like I said this is an easy job but also easy to do wrong. It is critical to have all plungers and control sleeves correctly aligned to shut off fuel injection with the rack full aft. The dots on the gears must align with the lines on the rack (when centered) and all plungers must have the slot aligned correctly (not 180 degrees off).

Instead of me asking a lot of questions I'd recommend you review this site if you haven't already. The author took a lot of time (plus many photos) to explain theory and repair for these agricultural IPs.

Last edited:
   / Kioti Injection Pump Failure Data #56  
Was able to repair pump .. Starts right up..first click.. Tthe thing now is i added 100 hrs to meter and don't know how. Every time i would try and start it it would accumulate 5 to 7 hrs.. Now that its repaired its back to normal.. Funny ....lol it has 1102 hrs now.. Is there a way we can deduct hrs on tractor....???? Thanks 4 the help...