Kioti joystick lock?

/ Kioti joystick lock? #1  

Alan46

Elite Member
Tractor
KiotiCK25 HST
Hello to all the happy Kioti owners. My question is about the slide leaver at the bottom of the joystick on my CK25hst. while turning my body to the right to backup, well my leg pushed on the stick and dropped a bucket full of split firewood! I tried to lock the stick, but it will only lock in the curled position ( down ). Anyone know if that's correct? Thanks in advance!✌🏻

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 182
   / Kioti joystick lock? #2  
It should lock all movements. Have you tried wiggle the joystick slightly, while trying to engage the lock at the same time?

/ Kioti joystick lock?
Yes I tried that, no luck wasn't even close! My mistake it will only lock in the down position.

Last edited:
   / Kioti joystick lock? #4  
Can you lift the rubber boot or take the cover off and inspect all the linkages? The lock is a simply a mechanism. It just that metal tab that slides over some grooves on both spools.

/ Kioti joystick lock?
Can you lift the rubber boot or take the cover off and inspect all the linkages? The lock is a simply a mechanism. It just that metal tab that slides over some grooves on both spools.
Thanks, I will try that in the morning.✌🏻

/ Kioti joystick lock? #6  
I haven’t really looked into as I don’t really have a desire or need to use the lock but fiddling around with mine it is hard to activate as well.

/ Kioti joystick lock? #7  
Like ptsg said, it should just slide into a couple of gooves. On my LS, I do have to push down lightly on the joystick to get it to lock.

/ Kioti joystick lock? #8  
I’m trying to remember, I’ll have to check tomorrow, but I believe mine has 2 lock positions. First locks curl function, 2nd locks up and down. Only time I use it is when I remove loader.

/ Kioti joystick lock? #9  
On my Kubota it just locks even though the only time I ever used it is to see what the heck it was for and then wonder why I would ever use it. When I leave the tractor out for someone to use with the key in it, I either engage the PTO so it cannot start, push the cruise control lever forward slightly so it cannot start and sometimes both. No one ever figures those things out. I know its off topic but just another "safety feature"

/ Kioti joystick lock? #10  
I use it when I remove the loader so I don’t accidently recharge the unhooked lines or deadhead the hydraulic pump.