Kioti K9 2400 CVT belt squeal (similar to Mechron)

/ Kioti K9 2400 CVT belt squeal (similar to Mechron) #1  

Futterman

Tractor
International Harvester 444, Kioti K9 2400 UTV
Hello, new member here.

I've got a Kioti K9 2400 bought new in Spring of 2022 that has 35 hours on it. When I start it up cold and back it out of the barn, the CVT belt often squeals loudly. Once underway, it stops making noise after a moment. If I stop and shut down for a minute, upon starting up and moving in either direction, it will again squeal momentarily before getting quiet. The vehicle seems to have good power and there's no sensation of belt slippage. Other than this obnoxious belt squeal, I have no complaints about the machine.

Wondering if other users experience this noise, or if I've got a belt problem that's only going to get worse. Thanks

cDNXjMr.jpg

/ Kioti K9 2400 CVT belt squeal (similar to Mechron)
Interesting. Maybe cleaning it would produce some improvement. Back in the days of V-belts there used to be a product called belt dressing that improved belt grip on the shivs.

/ Kioti K9 2400 CVT belt squeal (similar to Mechron) #4  
No belt conditioner on the CVT belt. Just clean it and that should cure the issue and you need to ascertain how it got contaminated in the first place.

Alright, I appreciate the guidance, thank you!

/ Kioti K9 2400 CVT belt squeal (similar to Mechron) #6  
It's not a normal 'V' belt at all. It is a segmented belt running in adjustable by RPM shives. Just like a snow mobile actually and if the sides of the belt get contaminated and glazed, it will squeal. I have a Kubota gas powered side by side and my drive belt is totally enclosed and never had an issue with it.

It's still a 'V' belt functionally; they use the 'V' shape to apply pressure to the sloped sides of the pulleys to increase friction. The segments on the underside are not cogs as far as I understand; they are there so that the thick belt can flex to wrap around the tight radius of the pulleys.

I think you guys are onto something with the belt contamination or glazing. I'm having a hard time imagining what that could be, so I won't know until I take a close look.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Kioti K9 2400 CVT belt squeal (similar to Mechron) #9  
Clean the sheaves and belt with a mild solution of dawn dish soap and warm water.

/ Kioti K9 2400 CVT belt squeal (similar to Mechron) #10  
Clean the sheaves and belt with a mild solution of dawn dish soap and warm water.
I believe that would depend on what the belt is contaminated with more than anything else... I will say Dawn dishwash detergent is an excellent grease and crud cutter, but more importantly he needs to ascertain where the contamination came from and address that as well.