Kioti LK3054

/ Kioti LK3054 #11  
Congratulations on a great buy. I have basically the same tractor and loader. Mine is 25HP yours is 30HP. You do not need to go inside anything to adjust the clutch. Coy is spot on with the procedure.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress!

Thanks for the input. However there is now the concern with what his nephew did inside of an inspection plate.
Is this something that needs to corrected?

/ Kioti LK3054 #12  
The inspection plate is for throw out bearing lubrication. Not familiar with any adjustments from this inspection plate. I did own a lk3054 for 17 years. Clutch Pedal free play Is on the left side as spoken from earlier post. Check the water pump bearing they were notorious about wearing out around 700 to 1000 hours. This is one of those tractors that build up heat fast and need good fluid flow to keep motor running cool. I will say it was tough tractor it ran well and did everything I needed it to do. Excellent buy if you decide it痴 not what you want let us know someone will be interested in it.

/ Kioti LK3054 #13  
Thanks for the input. However there is now the concern with what his nephew did inside of an inspection plate.
Is this something that needs to corrected?

I have no idea what he was adjusting. However, with the great buy he got, even with the $2500 for someone to do the clutch he is still in the money.

/ Kioti LK3054 #14  
I have no idea what he was adjusting. However, with the great buy he got, even with the $2500 for someone to do the clutch he is still in the money.

No doubt! He is getting a great deal! I looked into this post because I found a LK3054 with loader near my son and trying to learn about it. Seems I am teaching instead of learning, but I am willing. He is certainly getting a lot better bargain than I found!
Another poster says the inspection plate was to lube the throw out bearing.

That raises a concern for me. If his nephew played in that area, he could be looking at a lot of work or expense. However as you say, he could spend quite a bit and still have a bargain.

Personally, I would find someone that knows Kioti tractors of this vintage and at least describe what was done in this area. If more than grease it. Or post pictures if possible to get opinions from some here.

/ Kioti LK3054 #15  
I have never greased my throw out bearing. It still has original clutch in it with never an issue. They are great little tractors for what they are. The hydraulics are a little weak with the original pump at 7GPM but they make a 10 GPM upgrade that is a huge improvement.

Also the output steering sector shaft is a little weak. Several have broken theirs including me. There is a Kubota shaft that is a direct replacement if that becomes an issue. I have a thread with part numbers somewhere on TBN.

Anyway I am glad to help if y'all have any questions.

/ Kioti LK3054
Got the Kioti LK3054 home tonight and measured the clutch travel (free play), it was ½ inch. It was getting late when I checked it. Will adjust it tomorrow and see if there is any improvement in the slipping.
Thanks to all that offered suggestions. In this tractor business "I have not seen the football since the kickoff". I know nothing!!

/ Kioti LK3054 #17  
Got the Kioti LK3054 home tonight and measured the clutch travel (free play), it was ½ inch. It was getting late when I checked it. Will adjust it tomorrow and see if there is any improvement in the slipping.
Thanks to all that offered suggestions. In this tractor business "I have not seen the football since the kickoff". I know nothing!!

To little free travel means the pressure plate does not fully release (poor contact between the clutch and flywheel—aka clutch slippage). Too much free travel means the clutch does not disengage—grinding gears.

/ Kioti LK3054 #18  
I had special clutch material put on mind at 750 hour mark the clutch gave out linings burned up due to oil leaking from poor sealed plug from factory. Tractor was 1995 model clutch lasted until 1999. Fort Wayne clutch put on better material - after that all was well until I sold it at 1986 hours in 2019. Still running great with new owner no issues whatsoever. I also had to modify loader harness it was a KL122 it must have been the lightest gage material ended up adding support gussets to handle the loader it self. No complaints again it was robust tractor overall. Gladly own another if right deal came along.

/ Kioti LK3054
I measured the clutch free play incorrectly from the step to the bottom of the clutch pedal (½ inch). Today, I found in the manual the correct way. It was a little over an inch. Now it's about 1.2 with the end of the rod about ⅛ inch inside the yoke.
When I drive the tractor and increase the rpm's, it does not go any faster, the engine just revs up.
I did grease all the fittings on the tractor and the FEL liberally. I sprayed all the various cable linkages.
I will change the coolant today. I cannot change any of the other fluids because I do not have any filters.
I was hoping that the free play adjustment would take care of the clutch slipping problem.
But I knew going in that the clutch probably need would need replaced and had that figured in the budget.
Again, thanks to all for your advice and help!!

Photo of tractor:

Our Tractor.jpg

Last edited:
   / Kioti LK3054 #20  
Thanks for the update. Yours looks a lot better than mine. Clean tractor. Congratulations on a great deal, you should have no trouble at all getting you money back if you ever decide to sell it.