Comparison Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701

/ Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701 #1  

OutBurst

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 1026r
I think I am at a crossroads with what I am looking to purchase.

I believe I have it down to either a Kubota L4701 w/ LA765 and BH92 or a Kioti NX5010 HST w/ KL6010 and KB2485. Both HST.

Frankly, it appears the Kioti is much more 'bang for the buck' as many would say. It is heavier, has more standard features such as mid-pto, push-button PTO, etc. However, I cannot get a hydraulic thumb on the Kioti backhoe as I can with the Kubota. I cannot get a mid-pto on the Kubota (I would like the ability to attach a front-mount snowblower in the future, however, I have a 48" 2-stage snowblower on my Ariens GT20 so it isn't that big of a deal.

The Kubota and Kioti have about the same FEL lifting capacity. The Kubota backhoe can reach farther, dig deeper and lift more.

I prefer to keep the backhoes OEM because of the poor finish I have seen on Wallenstein and Woods backhoes (seriously faded after only a few years).

Let's talk about dealers: I have many Kubota dealers in my area - only a couple Kioti dealers (one within 8 miles and is the oldest Kioti dealer in the country while the other is about 30 miles away). I get the same feeling from both dealers - both good. The Kioti dealer is family-run while the Kubota dealers are not.

Let's talk about price: I have been quoted $35,224 for the Kioti and $35,000 for the Kubota.

Thoughts?

/ Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701 #2  
I think I am at a crossroads with what I am looking to purchase.

I believe I have it down to either a Kubota L4701 w/ LA765 and BH92 or a Kioti NX5010 HST w/ KL6010 and KB2485. Both HST.

Frankly, it appears the Kioti is much more 'bang for the buck' as many would say. It is heavier, has more standard features such as mid-pto, push-button PTO, etc. However, I cannot get a hydraulic thumb on the Kioti backhoe as I can with the Kubota. I cannot get a mid-pto on the Kubota (I would like the ability to attach a front-mount snowblower in the future, however, I have a 48" 2-stage snowblower on my Ariens GT20 so it isn't that big of a deal.

The Kubota and Kioti have about the same FEL lifting capacity. The Kubota backhoe can reach farther, dig deeper and lift more.

I prefer to keep the backhoes OEM because of the poor finish I have seen on Wallenstein and Woods backhoes (seriously faded after only a few years).

Let's talk about dealers: I have many Kubota dealers in my area - only a couple Kioti dealers (one within 8 miles and is the oldest Kioti dealer in the country while the other is about 30 miles away). I get the same feeling from both dealers - both good. The Kioti dealer is family-run while the Kubota dealers are not.

Let's talk about price: I have been quoted $35,224 for the Kioti and $35,000 for the Kubota.

Thoughts?

Here's a hydraulic thumb for the Kioti.

/ Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701 #3  
Frankly, it appears the Kioti is much more 'bang for the buck' as many would say.

That's generally how it goes! And keep in mind the L4701 is a basic L model while the NX is more deluxe. In reality, I think the comparable Kubota model would be a Grand L. And that's when you'll see the Kubota costs much more.

/ Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701 #4  

I believe that is incorrect... The loaders will be quite a bit different, in favor of the Kioti.

That Kioti is a much better choice between those two tractors. But, that is because the Kioti you are using is a "deluxe" model. To more accurately compare, you need to put the L4760 & L6060 against the Kioti's.

/ Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701 #5  
I believe that is incorrect... The loaders will be quite a bit different, in favor of the Kioti.

That Kioti is a much better choice between those two tractors. But, that is because the Kioti you are using is a "deluxe" model. To more accurately compare, you need to put the L4760 & L6060 against the Kioti's.

Kubota La765...1684 lbs at the pin
Kioti KL6010. 2761 lbs at the pin That is just 1077 lbs.. more.. just a little over 1/2 a ton:)

Kubota La765 lift height at the pin 105.2 inches
Kioti KL6010 lift height at the pin 108.3 inches about the same... 3.1 inches.

Standard tractor, no deluxe features... vs Deluxe tractor with many features... hmmm...

/ Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701
Kubota La765...1684 lbs at the pin
Kioti KL6010. 2761 lbs at the pin That is just 1077 lbs.. more.. just a little over 1/2 a ton:)

Kubota La765 lift height at the pin 105.2 inches
Kioti KL6010 lift height at the pin 108.3 inches about the same... 3.1 inches.

Standard tractor, no deluxe features... vs Deluxe tractor with many features... hmmm...

Hmm, I didn't realize the differences were that great! Sounds like this is an easy decision for me!

/ Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701 #7  
Hmm, I didn't realize the differences were that great! Sounds like this is an easy decision for me!

That 1,000lbs is actually greater, due to the higher max lift height on the Kioti. Effectively, it's probably 1,200lbs difference.

Throw in that the 3pt on the Kioti will lift 3,177lbs at 24" versus 2,320lbs.

Then look at pump flow....the Kioti has 17.9gpm (total combined between implement and steering) versus 12.5gpm and you can expect faster cycle times with the Kioti.

The Kioti also has things like the throttle linked pedal for the HST, stall protection, turn assist, actual groundspeed cruise control (versus a power setting cruise control), the rear 3pt lift control lever, etc, etc.

The cherry on the top is the extra 1hp at the PTO for the Kioti.

One thing to note is that if you go to the NX5510 you get the next size larger tires, and they look cooler :D

/ Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701 #8  
Yea, the kioti lifts almost twice as much, but its close lol :laughing:

/ Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701 #9  
Telescoping stabilizers, and 3pt lift links. Makes hookup so much easier on the Kioti, combined with the handy 3pt control. A much more ergonomic FEL joystick control built in to the tractor chassis itself. Tilt steering wheel. etc etc etc... apples and oranges....:) Not that you can't get all of these things (except the exclusive rear 3pt control) on a Grand L Kubota, but you need to price out one of those.

/ Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701 #10  
And my BIL wondered why I bought a Kioti. If you do the research it is the best value in Orange that I have found.