Kioti warranty termination after *any* DIY work? Really?!?!

/ Kioti warranty termination after *any* DIY work? Really?!?! #31  
Yes, but most of those 'whatevers' don't require warranty repairs that can be in the $1,000's ...
OK, worry away then I guess?

/ Kioti warranty termination after *any* DIY work? Really?!?! #32  
I honestly just see it as a way for companies to cover their end. Some people just try to take advantage on everything they can. If there is a way to get the manufacturer to give them free stuff, they will find it and manufacturers need to avoid that.

Around here, the service of any vehicle, tractor, cars, trucks, whatever, as to be done by the dealer or at an authorized dealer. This make sure the proper oils, filters or parts were used and properly installed. On the case of offroad equipment, the dealer will go to the place the vehicle is. It's a small country, so it's free of charge.

When buying new stuff, most dealers will offer the labor on the first service as well.

By the way, Kioti did extend their warranty from 2 years to 5 years last year in Portugal and they also were the number one seller up to 52 hp tractors in 2020, surpassing brands like Kubota, NH, Landini, Deutz and several others. 2021 will most likely be only better for them.

Last edited:
   / Kioti warranty termination after *any* DIY work? Really?!?! #33  
Kioti did extend their warranty from 2 years to 5 years last year in Portugal
Mine was extended from 6 to 8 years. Can't believe they only had 2 years there.. o_Oo_O

/ Kioti warranty termination after *any* DIY work? Really?!?! #34  
Mine was extended from 6 to 8 years. Can't believe they only had 2 years there.. o_Oo_O
Most stuff is only 2 years here. Even on road vehicles. Very few will offer 5 years or 6 years. Kubota, offers a 2 year warranty, plus an optional 3 year extension if one pays for that. I was very surprised to learn the other day that such a reputable brand like SAME is only offering 1 year.

EDIT: I forgot to mention in the other post, the importer for Kioti in Portugal is Ascendum, which I think is also a big part on why they've been selling so good.

Last edited:
   / Kioti warranty termination after *any* DIY work? Really?!?! #35  
I've had a handful of things covered on my NX under warranty. Had one repair that had to be re-repaired. At almost 5 years and 700 hrs I think the warranty time is close to an end: emissions stuff is covered for some time, though. In general I don't think that there's anything that's going to present itself as a problem (new) that is likely going to happen it it hasn't already done so. I don't think that with any other manufacturer and dealer I'd have had any different outcome: I'm not impressed by my dealer, but in the end they've managed to take care of things (hassle has been minimal, nowhere near what some folks have faced). Kind of like banking, not many will brag about their bank...

/ Kioti warranty termination after *any* DIY work? Really?!?! #36  
The truth on warranties is that they get used not much or the manufacturers would all go under. Every brand of anything mechanical having an engine, etc., has a service dept.. The larger issue is that a tractor isn't so easy to tote into a dealer, even a cars or truck is a pita let alone a tractor. When I lived among FT farmers in KS who worked large parcels of land this warranty talk was basically non-existent but those were serious tractors that were in use for decades, not this stuff tossed around on this forum. Conversation centered around weather and weather...

/ Kioti warranty termination after *any* DIY work? Really?!?! #37  
I'll never buy another Kioti tractor again because the American Importer decided to not honor the warranty. If you want a Kioti, go look at the equivalent Bobcat.
I probably won't buy another one either, but that's because I figure the one I have now will outlast me. Just over 1000 hr on it with no problems whatsoever.

/ Kioti warranty termination after *any* DIY work? Really?!?! #38  
I probably won't buy another one either, but that's because I figure the one I have now will outlast me. Just over 1000 hr on it with no problems whatsoever.
As long as you use your tractor as a tractor and NOT a bulldozer they hold up well.

/ Kioti warranty termination after *any* DIY work? Really?!?! #39  
dzoller-whats your beef about? We understand being ticked off but much is left unsaid.
There are several things, but here are the 2 that really struck a nerve. Mostly because they were so simple and cheap to resolve, yet still beyond what the dealer and the manufacturer were willing to do.

I bought the tractor at our local farm show. It was delivered a few days after the show.... with an empty fuel tank. The dealer unloaded it from the trailer and he was so intent on getting out of there he practically ran away! From the time he started the tractor to the time it ran out of fuel was under 10 minutes! I didn't even get to drive it from my driveway to behind the garage before it stalled out empty. Tell me any decent dealer does that with a brand new tractor! The next year when I saw him at the farm show, I didn't bring it up but he made a joke about it. He knew it. $18500 wasn't enough for him to cover $10 of fuel.

The 2nd is the ignition switch. 2 months after my tractor was out of electrical warranty, yet YEARS within mechanical warranty, the ignition switch started locking up. It was fine electrically, when you could get it to mechanically turn, but they refused to replace it because it was an electrical part. This was the case of going to the dealer, then to the manufacturer who sent me back to the dealer.
Before you start thinking, "that's understandable, it was an electrical part" you should have a bit more information. The exact replacement of my switch was only $50. HOWEVER, there was a new model of switch which was the recommended replacement that was $100. IN OTHER WORDS, Kioti knew the switch was a high point of failure so much that they redesigned it, but desiced NOT to stand behind the original. IMO, the older, faulty switch should've been recalled. Every tractor owner with that switch should've been offered to have it replaced. Instead, they saw the chance to sell $100 to everyone who bought their faulty one.

Now tell me that the company and their dealers care. For a stinkin' 100 bucks for a switch that was so bad it needed to be redesigned Kioti lost a customer and chose to stand behind a dealer who couldn't be bothered to spend $10 to put fuel into a new tractor sale and thought it was funny. They both had the chance to make me a happy customer. Was I really asking so much?

/ Kioti warranty termination after *any* DIY work? Really?!?! #40  
There are several things, but here are the 2 that really struck a nerve. Mostly because they were so simple and cheap to resolve, yet still beyond what the dealer and the manufacturer were willing to do.

I bought the tractor at our local farm show. It was delivered a few days after the show.... with an empty fuel tank. The dealer unloaded it from the trailer and he was so intent on getting out of there he practically ran away! From the time he started the tractor to the time it ran out of fuel was under 10 minutes! I didn't even get to drive it from my driveway to behind the garage before it stalled out empty. Tell me any decent dealer does that with a brand new tractor! The next year when I saw him at the farm show, I didn't bring it up but he made a joke about it. He knew it. $18500 wasn't enough for him to cover $10 of fuel.

The 2nd is the ignition switch. 2 months after my tractor was out of electrical warranty, yet YEARS within mechanical warranty, the ignition switch started locking up. It was fine electrically, when you could get it to mechanically turn, but they refused to replace it because it was an electrical part. This was the case of going to the dealer, then to the manufacturer who sent me back to the dealer.
Before you start thinking, "that's understandable, it was an electrical part" you should have a bit more information. The exact replacement of my switch was only $50. HOWEVER, there was a new model of switch which was the recommended replacement that was $100. IN OTHER WORDS, Kioti knew the switch was a high point of failure so much that they redesigned it, but desiced NOT to stand behind the original. IMO, the older, faulty switch should've been recalled. Every tractor owner with that switch should've been offered to have it replaced. Instead, they saw the chance to sell $100 to everyone who bought their faulty one.

Now tell me that the company and their dealers care. For a stinkin' 100 bucks for a switch that was so bad it needed to be redesigned Kioti lost a customer and chose to stand behind a dealer who couldn't be bothered to spend $10 to put fuel into a new tractor sale and thought it was funny. They both had the chance to make me a happy customer. Was I really asking so much?
Car,tractor companies most of the time will choose a $10 part over a $100 part and thats a FACT its cost cutting measures.Not the correct way to business IMHO.My neighbor is one of the lead engineers at the Chrysler proving grounds and he's stated the same thing.Drives him crazy but that is what we can expect.We live in a disposable throw away society.