/ Kioti #141  
Personally I prefer the 2 petals one forward
and one back and use the brake with the left
foot. Don't think I could ever get used to the
go petal and brake for the same foot!
Some guys like one petal some like 2 petals
With the one petal would think so your ankle
don't bother you you would have to use your
foot sideways to back up just using your heel!
Maybe the electric tractors have a joy stick to
turn, go forward and backwards and maybe a
foot brake???

willy

/ Kioti #142  
^ basically the treadle on my old cub is just really small. So there isn't much room to have your foot to the side of it, and reach your toes back in to press forward. Furthermore it is a stiff, small pedal, so you have to hover over it and press down with your toes or heel. It sucks. That said, I am not old or disabled in any way, so I can still do it for hours just fine. But I just much prefer how relaxed I can be on my new Kioti with more spacious platform, suspension seat with arm rests, loader lever nicely within reach of a resting right arm, and independent forward/rear HST pedals where I can just lay me heel on the floor and dab the pedals either way.
I was originally considering a Kioti, I'm in South East Michigan as well and there's only two dealerships within a reasonable distance from my house. The one dealership ( heading into the thumb) told me 8-12 months and the other (near Ann Arbor) I just didn't care for them. I went there, looked at what they had and after a few minutes, walked out. What I didn't care for was that the tractors sitting out all had dealership installed options (reminded me of the car dealerships scams doing the same thing) and as soon as I asked about a Kioti, the salesman was trying to convince me to purchase an LS. My thought was that does Kioti know that this dealership was trying to steer people away from their product and if you don't want to sell them, then why have them there??

/ Kioti #143  
IMO using a rocker pedal as a 'treadle' is a mistake made too often. My heel or toe is always on the mat when traveling. (6' 2", 11 shoe, 3 CUTs that way) What I prefer is a shorter pedal stroke, never having to lift my foot up, and R is easier to heel when I'm turned half-way around in the seat than trying to reach whichever pedal that my toe would barely reach then.

Heel or toe, not the whole foot. Control is by a simple shaft with centering spring coming out of the case vs linkages under the floorboard that can get snagged/bent or worn out of adjustment.

Two of my CUTs' 'rockers' are sheet metal and the pads could be re-positioned by bending an inch or so each to make them farther apart laterally. (never had to) In the '33' it's CI but as easy to reach either pad without lifting a foot. (far enough apart) I've got a 'real' treadle on the Terramite. It's shorter by far, fully above the floorboard, and a foot isn't on the mat for travel at all. Using a tractor that way never crossed my mind.
i agree with you, if the manufacturers intended it to be operated as a rocker pedal, it would be shaped differently (form follows function.)

/ Kioti #144  
I was originally considering a Kioti, I'm in South East Michigan as well and there's only two dealerships within a reasonable distance from my house. The one dealership ( heading into the thumb) told me 8-12 months and the other (near Ann Arbor) I just didn't care for them. I went there, looked at what they had and after a few minutes, walked out. What I didn't care for was that the tractors sitting out all had dealership installed options (reminded me of the car dealerships scams doing the same thing) and as soon as I asked about a Kioti, the salesman was trying to convince me to purchase an LS. My thought was that does Kioti know that this dealership was trying to steer people away from their product and if you don't want to sell them, then why have them there??
DUDE. Last time I was in there to scope a Kioti they did the same thing to me, made sure to show me the LS comparable machines and highlight all their advantages. Really caught me off guard. Nonetheless they are my local dealer too, and I was willing to just stick to my guns, take the annoyance, and give them commission on a Kioti sale - until I found my used machine package deal instead. They also don't answer emails. guys, c'mon, it's 2021.

/ Kioti #145  
How exactly were you using the pedal that you had to hold you foot up? I've used both type and its pretty much the same amount of work to operate them (kubota and deere mostly). I don't find one better over the other and could really care less, however the servo style on the GL 40 and 60 series is much nicer to operate!

I understand if you don't like it, its a personal preference, but if its taking a lot of additional effort to operate then either something is wrong with the operator or the tractor.

P.S. I'm 6ft size 12 and have no issue on everything from my fathers BX1500 to my L3240
I visited the dealership and tried a number of tractors of different sizes, one was the L3901. With the ball of my foot, to move from the front of the pedal, I had to raise my leg to move it to be able to press the rear portion of the pedal and when I raised my leg, it struck the FEL control. So, I was doing something wrong or there is something wrong with the tractor?

/ Kioti #146  
Are you a special kind of of stupid, or do you just pretend for us so we can laugh? I didn't say I lived in Ann Arbor, but maybe reading comprehension is something that you do not care for and just jump to conclusions that suit your narrative. The largest tractor I have that I use, as stated, is a Massey 2135, which by no means is a large tractor.

What made you go all the way up to Morrice, the home of scared sheep and Lainsburg's rejects, to buy a tractor if you're from "southern" Michigan?
Good Grief Man!!! Is that really necessary!!! Let's just all be Americans for a while and stick to talking about tractors. There are good people everywhere in this country, even Morrice, MI.

/ Kioti #147  
Good Grief Man!!! Is that really necessary!!! Let's just all be Americans for a while and stick to talking about tractors. There are good people everywhere in this country, even Morrice, MI.

Fully agree.

I live (summer time) in between the Ann Arbor MI Dealer and the Morrice MI Dealer. Bought our Kioti from MichiganIron in Morrice. Great dealership that treats me fair every time I go back for filters or other items. If you are close enough to them, do yourself a favor and take a drive out there and speak to them. I have found they offer good fair pricing on products they know. Pre-Covid they had yearly "Open House" events showcasing the equipment sometimes with factory rep. Easy to talk to and will answer questions. Down to earth hard working people like me. I personally like the drive to Morrice and the area. Just off I69 exit if you like interstate or more to my liking is to take the back roads and enjoy the country side.

I will be back in Morrice when it is time to upgrade to a cab tractor and when/if Kioti makes an enclosed heated/cooled K9 type utility.

Best regards

/ Kioti #148  
One thing I have found is that people (buying) like a story. Back when Craigslist was still a thing, I use to make side cash by picking up the free items, doing some cleaning or repairing as needed, and selling it on. Everybody, to almost a tee, liked hearing whatever story I came up with for why I was selling. The more I did, the higher price I got and I usually started off at at least half the price of new, and went up from there depending.

But I wouldn't call them 'fools'. People just like to connect to you and the item they are buying. It's natural and why some people make good salesmen and other don't.
When I was re-building wrecks the story often was the buyer telling me i was hiding something cause "every wreck has a secret damaged area" or that they knew what I should be asking pricewise/ When Carfax came out it became that they knew what I didn't know and so on. Actually CL is still a "thing", just not as glorious as it once was. I've bought & sold there many times and still look as some people resist FB Marketplace and Ebay which also remains a great place for some things. The real up & down event is on Amazon where the stuff varies from super deals to crappy over priced junk or soften items priced higher that Lowe's or box stores. Younger set often assumes I suspect that if it's on Amazon it's the real deal.
Yes, people like a story and it's logically because human nature asks for/likes/loves /lives for social interactions along with buying stuff.
Back when I travelled between schools I'd pickup used box fans, radios and vacuums often on rural trash days. Still have a few fans I use in shop from long ways back.
On treadles- I was recently told by a Kioti dealer/owner that they'd done away with the one pedal treadle HST.

/ Kioti #149  
Can be applied world wide in fact. That said, I'm proud to be an American and trying to buy a tractor today made in Korea... I had a Middle eastern oral surgeon yesterday along with a hillbilly student dentist then a few minutes ago I got a call from A Mexican-American lady who is clerk for an Asian cardiologist I'm gonna begin to use.
My shoulder doc/orthopedic surgeon is Asian Indian heritage and goes to every U of Michigan home game which is the only "fault" I find in him. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.