Kioti

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Kioti #131  
Sorry to hear that LFP. Honestly the treadle-pedal was enough to convince me not to bother trying to score a deal on a Kubota. The price tag being the other main reason, lol.

My older Cub tractor has a small, non-ergonomic treadle pedal also. My leg gets fatigued from having to essentially carry it's own weight in the air, to apply the right amount of down pressure on the pedal in the right spot. Separate pedals means you can just rest your leg/foot and go.
How exactly were you using the pedal that you had to hold you foot up? I've used both type and its pretty much the same amount of work to operate them (kubota and deere mostly). I don't find one better over the other and could really care less, however the servo style on the GL 40 and 60 series is much nicer to operate!

I understand if you don't like it, its a personal preference, but if its taking a lot of additional effort to operate then either something is wrong with the operator or the tractor.

P.S. I'm 6ft size 12 and have no issue on everything from my fathers BX1500 to my L3240

/ Kioti #132  
^ basically the treadle on my old cub is just really small. So there isn't much room to have your foot to the side of it, and reach your toes back in to press forward. Furthermore it is a stiff, small pedal, so you have to hover over it and press down with your toes or heel. It sucks. That said, I am not old or disabled in any way, so I can still do it for hours just fine. But I just much prefer how relaxed I can be on my new Kioti with more spacious platform, suspension seat with arm rests, loader lever nicely within reach of a resting right arm, and independent forward/rear HST pedals where I can just lay me heel on the floor and dab the pedals either way.

Last edited:
   / Kioti #133  
I'm new to the forum and a new Kubota owner, I purchased the machine with the thought I could get accustomed to the pedal and after one month, I'm not real happy with it. There's tons of videos all explaining the correct way to use the pedal, most never mention the fact the people come in different sizes as does their feet. Will a person that is 5'10" and a size 10 shoe have the same issues that 6'4" person with 14 shoes? Maybe with more hours it may get better, not sure why Kubota hasn't offered a different pedal as an option, possibly attracting more customers who choose a different tractor based on their dislike for the pedal.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, But it doesn’t get any better with time for most!

/ Kioti #134  
IMO using a rocker pedal as a 'treadle' is a mistake made too often. My heel or toe is always on the mat when traveling. (6' 2", 11 shoe, 3 CUTs that way) What I prefer is a shorter pedal stroke, never having to lift my foot up, and R is easier to heel when I'm turned half-way around in the seat than trying to reach whichever pedal that my toe would barely reach then.

Heel or toe, not the whole foot. Control is by a simple shaft with centering spring coming out of the case vs linkages under the floorboard that can get snagged/bent or worn out of adjustment.

Two of my CUTs' 'rockers' are sheet metal and the pads could be re-positioned by bending an inch or so each to make them farther apart laterally. (never had to) In the '33' it's CI but as easy to reach either pad without lifting a foot. (far enough apart) I've got a 'real' treadle on the Terramite. It's shorter by far, fully above the floorboard, and a foot isn't on the mat for travel at all. Using a tractor that way never crossed my mind.

/ Kioti #135  
^ basically the treadle on my old cub is just really small. So there isn't much room to have your foot to the side of it, and reach your toes back in to press forward. Furthermore it is a stiff, small pedal, so you have to hover over it and press down with your toes or heel. It sucks. That said, I am not old or disabled in any way, so I can still do it for hours just fine. But I just much prefer how relaxed I can be on my new Kioti with more spacious platform, suspension seat with arm rests, loader lever nicely within reach of a resting right arm, and independent forward/rear HST pedals where I can just lay me heel on the floor and dab the pedals either way.
Got ya, I thought you were referring to the Kubota treadle. Can't speak to the Cub as I've never used one ,except the lawn tractors, but it sounds like your Cub had some bad ergonomics.

/ Kioti #136  
He is most likely still under the illusion that we all pay asking price for the kubota and JD. I love that type when I sell something it’s especially profitable in the Harley arena, more fools willing to hand me big profits based on adds they see and not knowing I picked it up two weeks ago for almost half what thier paying me today.

On here I tell the truth, but if you come to buy a used kubota I will pretend thier worth more if the buyer is foolish enough to believe it. I will also gladly take the fools money and go buy something else in hopes I can find an other sucker to pay extra for when I sell it.

Problem is people are getting smart and walking past right to the LS, Mahindra, Kioti down the street that’s priced fairly to begin with.

It does seem to work for politicians and entertainers, but you still don't convince me that treating other people as fools is a long term formula for success.

/ Kioti #137  
Jeez. Whats with sll the vitriol on this site today….?

I live right near Ann Arbor. Great restaurants, arts, and arguably the best university in the world. We can all make fun of their idiotic local government tho, lol.

I can also promise you that the Aeschilmans do not live in or identify with Ann Arbor culture, haha.
And I'll add that there seems to be a quite "liberal supply of liberal's" anywhere ya go. Also many so-called best schools around the USA & world. Back to tractors...

/ Kioti #138  
It does seem to work for politicians and entertainers, but you still don't convince me that treating other people as fools is a long term formula for success.
Don’t want me to consider you a fool? It’s simple don’t come here when I am selling something, believe every word I say, part with your money without figuring the true market value and offering closer to it and worst off be set on only one brand because historically they are the ones I treat as fools.
Sorry if you don’t like it but facts are facts and they are the ones who seem the most likely for a bigger pay day.

/ Kioti #139  
Don’t want me to consider you a fool? It’s simple don’t come here when I am selling something, believe every word I say, part with your money without figuring the true market value and offering closer to it and worst off be set on only one brand because historically they are the ones I treat as fools.
Sorry if you don’t like it but facts are facts and they are the ones who seem the most likely for a bigger pay day.
One thing I have found is that people (buying) like a story. Back when Craigslist was still a thing, I use to make side cash by picking up the free items, doing some cleaning or repairing as needed, and selling it on. Everybody, to almost a tee, liked hearing whatever story I came up with for why I was selling. The more I did, the higher price I got and I usually started off at at least half the price of new, and went up from there depending.

But I wouldn't call them 'fools'. People just like to connect to you and the item they are buying. It's natural and why some people make good salesmen and other don't.

/ Kioti #140  
Good thing none of us are tractor salesman. If we weren't wrong our customers would be. (Oh those tractor people ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.