Kioti

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Kioti #31  
I'm looking to be in the 40hp range, I did briefly look at the bobcat I am definitely not apposed to it I'll research more into it
Thank you
I figured with Bobcat's name recognition and the rebranding costs, the Kioti would be cheaper like for like.

/ Kioti #32  
I figured with Bobcat's name recognition and the rebranding costs, the Kioti would be cheaper like for like.

It’s hard to say in this market but…in my area, the Kioti is just as expensive as Kubota and Bobcat is cheaper than Kioti. Go figure.

Mike

/ Kioti #33  
It’s hard to say in this market but…in my area, the Kioti is just as expensive as Kubota and Bobcat is cheaper than Kioti. Go figure.

Mike
In a fairly wide search area for my next tractor I've seen a wide price point range (thousands of $$$) between Kioti dealers. Also common is various costs for rear tire ballast fluids ranging from free (built into the price of course) and delivery costs vs. sales taxes vs. no sales taxes. The only way you'll really know most brands true cost is to do the same legwork that a road vehicle purchase involves as they simply don't advertise final invoice price points.
Common to see here and other places comments on parts in stock or speed to get parts delivered. Many tractor maintenance parts are generic as are major service parts and this is true for Kioti.
In todays world parts are often not stocked by anyone except a warehouse and come via delivery trucks even at AP's stores. Two of my nephews make a living in KY delivering vehicle factory parts based on the "just in time" parts concept developed by Toyota and applied to their network of smaller parts mfg.'s. Service garages-dealer & independent typically stock what keeps their work flowing-when and if they can. In this weeks NYT's newspaper there's an article toward the world today and shipping issues- particularly from Asia or from USA mfg/s who cannot hire people. It's a large and current dilemma. China has closed several major shipping points. Issues with steel & other components make it tough times for parts or machines, etc..
Kioti dealers are often smaller, as are the other secondary brands but the real issue for me is not next door dealers (there are zero of any brand really close) but price to acquire and how co-operative in a warranty pinch given that I am mostly my own service provider. If I range out say, 250-300 miles then I have lots of Kioti dealers to choose from and each has quite a different price point.
I like the Branson tractor lineup but have zero experience with owning one.

/ Kioti #34  

Mike
When I am buying a sophisticated tool that I expect to use hard for decades, buying cheaper is way down near the bottom of my own list of most important features.

/ Kioti #35  
When I am buying a sophisticated tool that I expect to use hard for decades, buying cheaper is way down near the bottom of my own list of most important features.
When I decide on a specific high dollar item, I shop for the best deal on that specific item. Manufacturer, Model, exact same item may vary in price by 10-20 percent. When talking tens of thousands of dollars it is worth shopping the best price.

/ Kioti #36  
based on the "just in time" parts concept developed by Toyota
Whats funny is that while Toyota came up with the concept, they do it totally different than most of the rest of the world. Especially in the US where we took it way to far. When I worked at Motorola, we constantly had delays as they took it so far that parts were landing at the airport 2hrs before actually being needed on the lines. One little slip up or weather event, and the lines were sitting idle with no parts 🤦

Toyota still stacks everything needed to keep the lines running for ~6 months (I think its 6 months) because they know the world and it's supply chains are not perfect.

/ Kioti #37  
When buying what is the same tool with branded differently, yes, price point becomes important.

/ Kioti #38  
No body said anything about the LS tractors, easy to
get parts and expanding getting more dealerships open.
Very well made tractor. LS Tractor offers a six-year warranty for most of their tractors. And just like all LS Tractor warranties, you get a two-year bumper to bumper protection, plus additional power train coverage that includes parts and labor. There's no deductible, and it isn't loaded with exclusions

willy

/ Kioti #39  
No body said anything about the LS tractors, easy to
get parts and expanding getting more dealerships open.
Very well made tractor. LS Tractor offers a six-year warranty for most of their tractors. And just like all LS Tractor warranties, you get a two-year bumper to bumper protection, plus additional power train coverage that includes parts and labor. There's no deductible, and it isn't loaded with exclusions

willy
Local tractor dealer just dropped his LS line of tractors told me they were a PIA to deal with.

/ Kioti #40  
Local tractor dealer just dropped his LS line of tractors told me they were a PIA to deal with.
Having experience working with auto dealerships as a partner and being a bit cynical anyway, I figure it is at least 50/50 likely that the manufacturer pulled his franchise. Could be sales, could be service who knows? Don't have direct experience with LS or that dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.