knotting problems with JD 14T baler

/ knotting problems with JD 14T baler
zzvyb6 said:
and the needle lift link shear pin. If its worn or bent, the problems that result will be expensive.

My lift link is welded, so i guess that would be a bad thing...

Also noticed that someone put in a large bolt in place of the auger shear pin, probably also not good :(
Methinks a parts baler is in order! was the 14T a popular machine back in the day? Wondering how hard it will be to source one in the area.

/ knotting problems with JD 14T baler #22  
As a matter of fact, I have a bolt in the auger drive of mine. No big deal, just don't run a fully completed bale thru the machine, or a log or a deer carcass, or a fence post. The twine problems may be eliminated if you use square bale twine. Sounds like you picked up some round bale twine...

/ knotting problems with JD 14T baler
...or a fence post.

Been there, done that... with the mower anyways :p
Wasn't even done my second pass and a temporary post i had been using to mark some stuff in the winter time had fallen over, and thinking I had already removed them all ran right over it. Luckily no serious damage, just a broken tooth and a popped off ball-socket joint :)

I'll double-check to make sure it's square bale twine, but I think it is... its thicker than the other stuff i was using (both sisal) but this newer one doesn't seem any stronger, just not wound as tightly. Thanks for the tip tho, I didn't know there was a difference, just figured small bales used sisal and big bales used nylon stuff!

Dan