Kohler No Longer An Option on L&G Tractors?

/ Kohler No Longer An Option on L&G Tractors? #41  
I run a 2005 Kioti DK45S for my big tractor, My riding mower is a 93 craftsman, and my off road cart tow machine is a 63 wheel horse.
But then I'm 100% certain you maintain them. My Kubota's are a bit older, 2002 and 2004. All in how you maintain them but you know that. I owned a Case-Ingersol for years with a cast iron Kohler single on it but I finally sold it as parts were getting hard to find and expensive. Probably still chugging somewhere today. never cared for the Case mechanical snap pto clutch on it.

/ Kohler No Longer An Option on L&G Tractors? #42  
Kowalski, Kawalski, Kawasaki……
whatever……. :unsure:

/ Kohler No Longer An Option on L&G Tractors? #43  
You may be on borrowed time but then again, maybe not, depending on how you maintain it. 😳
I change the oil and filter a minimum of every 2 years :) I probably only put about 20 hours on it per year.

/ Kohler No Longer An Option on L&G Tractors? #44  
You may be on borrowed time but then again, maybe not, depending on how you maintain it. 😳
Plenty of Kubota stuff fails prematurely that has nothing to do with maintenance.
Take for example some of the seals on my Kubota M126X and M135X. Both have had seals fail and resulted in leaks and how they drip oil all over customers properties. Or the Kubota loader accumulators that cost $560 each and fail after about 1500 hours of loader or front suspension use. Then there’s the front axle seals that fail and leak along with the front wheel bearings themselves that fail and Kubota wouldn’t replace, but were at least kind enough to build replacement bearings built a little bigger at extra cost, of course.
Then there’s the cap plug that just falls off the side of the power shift and randomly spews oil. My favorite.
Nothing to do with maintenance, just cheaped-out parts from Kubota that cannot handle the rigors of everyday farming. Kubota built their M series too light & tippy for farming.
Good tractors for small time/part time farming though. There little tractors are still some of the best out there. Excellent HP to weight ratios, but weight is the hidden jewel to a strong farm tractor.

That’s why after 3000 hours on each of mine, one is gone, and the other is going away when I find a replacement.
Replaced with AGCOs, Case-IH, or another legacy brand that has some steel and heavy duty parts in it.

Looking a making a deal on this RT120 if I can unload my M-126X.

1658955399285.jpeg

The Challenger MT535B we got in June has already made us quickly forget the Kubota M135X it replaced. There’s no comparison.

1658955556010.jpeg

/ Kohler No Longer An Option on L&G Tractors? #45  
Which one has the Kohler?

/ Kohler No Longer An Option on L&G Tractors? #48  
Service should include hourly rate for cleaning before any other work is performed.

/ Kohler No Longer An Option on L&G Tractors? #49  
What my dealer does actually and working there part time, I usually get that chore and I'm here to tell everyone, I've washed some very filthy tractors and mowers. Why, when I see a filthy tractor on here, I always comment. A filthy tractor or mower in my opinion reflects on the owner and their lack of maintaining the unit.

Got a B series Kubota in the other day that looked like it was parked in a mud lake. Amazing, the amount of filth on it. My dealer charges a minimum of 1 hour at $125.00 to de-filth units so the techs can find where the bolts are.....lol

If my units require dealer intervention, they always go clean and tidy.

/ Kohler No Longer An Option on L&G Tractors? #50  
My auto mechanic requests that I wash the car including the wheel wells when I bring the car in for service, especially if it's brake work. We have gravel roads to contend with daily and I don't blame him a bit.