Kubota 2650

/ Kubota 2650 #1  

gravelman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 2650
Hi folks..gravelman My 2650 will not start..actually the starter will not engage. Been working fine all am, went to crank , nothing...checked as many connections as i could or know of...no fuses blown. juice to everything else on machine. Any ideas out there??? thanks much have to call road service i guess..

/ Kubota 2650 #2  
It sounds like one of your safeties isn't being satisfies or you have a defective or intermittent switch. This may sound pretty basic but is your gear selector in neutral, PTO disengaged, clutch depressed, and sitting in the seat? If you have an HST transmission the treadle must be in a neutral position. You probably knew all this stuff but if you get no activity when turning the key to the start position these are good starting points.

/ Kubota 2650 #3  
Not familiar with 2650, but see if you bumped a PTO lever when you hopped off. I do that frequently on my B7610 and get the same thing. Doesn't have to be fully engaged, just somewhere between neutral and engagement.

Seems like it could be a starting safety switch of some sort.

/ Kubota 2650
Ok on all this..will double check I once had safety switch problem on the hst peddle...i did check that and it seems to be in neutral unless it faulted. Thanks for these suggestions and i will report back...

/ Kubota 2650 #5  
On my B2650 I had a problem not starting.
Played with hst peddle and found it not returning to center.
Looked under tractor and found some rust on a part of the hst linkage.
Sprayed some lubricant on rust and fixed no start problem.

/ Kubota 2650 #6  
There may be a grease zerk that needs attention.....on the rocking pedal

/ Kubota 2650 #7  
Looking forward to your results.

/ Kubota 2650 #8  
I am betting the linkage under the treadle peddle is sticking. Lube that zerk, but really spray the linkage all the way to the spring and above. And work that peddle by hand while you are under there.

/ Kubota 2650 #9  
IMG_1312.JPG

This on my LX2610

IMG_1313.JPG

Two arrows point to the rocker.
The arrow and circle point to the neutral switch.

There are no grease fittings on the 2650 nor the 2610 for the hst peddle.

This set up was changed between the 2 tractors.

On my B2650 I saw rust on a pivot, above the neutral switch.

That was what I lubricated and fixed intermittent starting problems.

Attachments

• IMG_1313.JPG
    IMG_1313.JPG
    902.5 KB · Views: 78
   / Kubota 2650 #10  
Make certain that you are not in gear at all cost. You do not want to run over yourself—high potential if you are not in neutral on an hst tractor. If not comfortable with the above in place, do not proceed with what I am going to suggest. Seriously this gets life and death serious faster than the blink of an eye.
A screw driver jumped from you positive battery cable at the starter to the ignition terminal on the starter solenoid bypasses all safety issues for starting your tractor. If you are good enough (most probably are not) you can bump the starter this way. If the starter engages doing this, your problem is somewhere between the battery supply to the ignition switch and the starter solenoid. The most common is in one of the many safety switches on newer tractors. It sounds like hst returning to neutral is a common issue and makes the procedure I outlined dangerous for a potential of being driven over which is often deadly.