kubota 5740 3rd function flow rates

/ kubota 5740 3rd function flow rates #1  

alaskakubota

Silver Member
I was thinking of getting a sweeper for our long driveway. I would like the one that attaches to the loader for easy removal. Not the kubuta sweeper that mounts to the sub frame. I have it, but take it off during the summer. The question I have is how much flow does the 3rd function valve flow? Is it the same as the regular hydraulics.

Anyone know this.

/ kubota 5740 3rd function flow rates #2  
I can't give you the flow rate, but was warned by my dealer when I got mine that it would be insufficient to run most skid steer type devices using a hydraulic motor. It's designed to cycle a simple cylinder like on a grapple or snow plow.

/ kubota 5740 3rd function flow rates #3  
You probably won't have enough to run a sweeper as fast as designed. Will it be enough to get the job done? Don't know. There is a reason Kubota uses the mid pto to drive the brooms.

ac

/ kubota 5740 3rd function flow rates #4  
If done correctly, 3rd function valves are sized for the pump flow in GPM's.

Who in their right mind would install a reduced flow 3rd function valve in series with other valves, knowing that the rest of the hyd needs the advertised flow rate of the pump.

Just saying.

/ kubota 5740 3rd function flow rates #5  
Although not elegant, running hoses from the rear remotes (if you have them installed) would provide more flow then the 3rd function setup. I am not sure if that flow would be enough either. Skid steers that run hydraulic attachments generally have the high flow option. Tractors do not have a similar option other than a pto driven hydraulic pump.

/ kubota 5740 3rd function flow rates #6  
You have to be observant when using DO3 subplates IE, 3rd function.

This particular subplate has

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?catname=hydraulic&item=9-5883-2

P = SAE-10 = 5/8 in
T = SAE-12 = 3/4 in
WP = SAE-8 = 1/2 in

Logically you would size the work ports for the GPM flow you want to send to the hyd motor.

In other 3rd function valves, all ports sizes might be the same.

Have you considered a PTO hyd pump to power the sweeper?

This PTO pump needs 32 HP to pump about 21 GPM at 2000 psi.

Hydraulics:
Type: open center
Capacity: 11.9 gal [45.0 L]
Valves: 2 to 3
Pump flow: 9.8 gpm [37.1 lpm]
Total flow: 14.7 gpm [55.6 lpm]
Steering flow: 4.9 gpm [18.5 lpm]

/ kubota 5740 3rd function flow rates
I can also get a rear 3 pt hitch setup. I would rather have the sweeper in the front. Running the pump and extra hoses makes it a little harder to hook up. THat is why I was looking for the sweeper on the front of the loader. jUst hook it up to 3rd function and hammer down. Unhooking would take 30 seconds. Other route would take a lot longer.