Kubota 60" MM Mower Blades?

/ Kubota 60" MM Mower Blades? #1  

roamerr

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230
I have a Kubota BX2230 with the 60" MM Mower. Love it but I am destroying the current blades cutting rocks. Not good. I've removed most of the rocks so now it's time for new blades. Any recommendations for a great price? I've looked on ebay but am finding blades that probably do not fit...

/ Kubota 60" MM Mower Blades? #2  
Hi.. .

Haven't priced them for the Kubota.. got a set at TSC to replace on my Craftsman 42 inch deck... best blades I've ever got... they were $25 each (21inch blades).

Randy

/ Kubota 60" MM Mower Blades? #3  
The blade for that deck is a weird size. There are threads here where people use bushings to make other blades fit (notably gator blades).

Kubota blades aren't that expensive, esp. considering how beefy they are. Check out Messicks or TractorSmart online.

I am in the same situation, LOTS of rocks. I have to replace blades every 3-4 seasons.

Russell in BubbaLand

/ Kubota 60" MM Mower Blades? #4  
I have tried "off brands" and found they didn't hold up, so I just buy OEM now; just got new ones for my 2305 due to rocks.

/ Kubota 60" MM Mower Blades?
Messicks is resonable at $75 shipped for 3 blades. Seems like a deal if these are the real Kubota blades. MTD or other cheapo lawnmower blades cost the same.

As a side note I've had my BX for 7 months and I really have not done much mowing with it til recently. All I can say is wow... Great Blade speed and a better cut then I would have expected. The amazing thing to me is that it will cut a rock in half -- I have seen it do it. The blades are not near as beat up as I would expect given the torture they are taking in changing an old field into a lawn....

/ Kubota 60" MM Mower Blades? #6  
Messicks is resonable at $75 shipped for 3 blades. Seems like a deal if these are the real Kubota blades. MTD or other cheapo lawnmower blades cost the same.

As a side note I've had my BX for 7 months and I really have not done much mowing with it til recently. All I can say is wow... Great Blade speed and a better cut then I would have expected. The amazing thing to me is that it will cut a rock in half -- I have seen it do it. The blades are not near as beat up as I would expect given the torture they are taking in changing an old field into a lawn....

I cut the stabilizer tab off of a T Post; thought I had really torn something up, but when I looked, there was no visible damage to the blades. A boat anchor will however leave a mark.

/ Kubota 60" MM Mower Blades?
I mowed Wednesday night and hit a 6" stump with the right side of the mower deck. It turned the BX tractor approx 30 degrees and bent the front deck wheel under the deck. I wondered what I hit since it was a sudden sharp stop with a turn. Bottle jack straightened the deck out and I'm back in business. Gotta cut that stump down -- I do not wanna do that again...

/ Kubota 60" MM Mower Blades? #8  
Bought 3 for 60" deck from Barlows $60 picked up.

/ Kubota 60" MM Mower Blades? #9  
Tuff blades from factory. Hold edge well on mine(bx24). I'll go with oem when I need new ones. I can see why they could 'cut' a rock. Lots of momentum behind those blades when its up to speed.

/ Kubota 60" MM Mower Blades? #10  
Do some searches on blade sharpening. With the right equipment, you can quickly get the blades off, put them in a vice, grind them to a new edge, check for balance, and put them back on. By the time you've been through a new set or two, or paid someone else to sharpen them 2 or 3 times, you will have recouped your investment.