Kubota 854 loader problem

/ Kubota 854 loader problem #1  

nybirdman

Tractor
Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT
I posted a while ago on a problem that I was having with my FEL,well its back ,never really left.
Started with a dealer service,changed fluids&filters.I installed my FEL mounted snow plow,then the problem started.What happens is after about an hour of work the FEL will not lift or curl.I sent it back to the dealer...they couldn't find a problem,,of course it wouldn't do it there.
Reinstalled the plow....worked ok....again for about an hour.
Today I reinstalled my bucket...again worked normal for about an hour ...again no lift/curl.This time I could hear a whine in the hydraulics.
I will try again in the morning..it seems when its cold everything works ok.Called my dealer again...he will pick up again next wk....dealer has been great..I hope they find it this time.Tractor is a L4240 that I purchased new,has 375hrs.Has been trouble free up until this point.I think there is a spool sticking somewhere,can't be the QD's or it would do it all the time.

/ Kubota 854 loader problem #2  
I sent it back to the dealer...they couldn't find a problem,,of course it wouldn't do it there

And they tried it after the hour warm-up? or not? If not, maybe this time they will. :)

I'd be for putting some pressure guages on the lines after an hour warm-up to see where/if there is a pressure drop. Then trace it back or forward until the problem is isolated.

/ Kubota 854 loader problem
Yes, they put two hours on the tractor when they had it.:confused2:

/ Kubota 854 loader problem #4  
I would not bet against QD. Pressure gage will let you see if prv is sticking open. Spool I assume you can see it moving in or out?

/ Kubota 854 loader problem
Just heard from the dealer...not good..They got the tractor to the point that the FEL wouldn't work..third function valve on(no cylinders attached) goes into bypass.....nothing works.Tech claims its"dead-headed"..this is B.S. ,its no different than if the cylinders were attached...this system doesn't recirculate.As I said before ,I had the third function installed 9/08 never had a problem with my snow-plow or grapple,switch went bad(stayed on) operated like this until the next dealer service(12/10),dealer did the service and replaced the switch(joy-stick mounted) hasn't worked right since.Any ideas?Again dealer has been good ,picked up tractor twice for this problem but still no fix.My other problem I need the tractor for snow removal...but it only works for an hour at a time.