Kubota B3030HSDC

/ Kubota B3030HSDC #1  

rschulte

Dear Group:

I am contemplating buying the Kubota 3030HSDC. My dear wife is intrigued by the prospect of cutting our lawn in air-conditioned comfort. Aftering looking at some comporable Deeres, New Hollands and the like, the B3030 remains our top choice and, frankly, the cab cinched it for the Mrs.

My dilemma is this - it would appear that a backhoe cannot be mounted on the cab version of the 3030. If so, that would greatly limit the utility of the tractor for our intended use.

Is this true? It seems a rather unfortunate to have to choose between a/c and ability to use a backhoe.

Is there a third-party vendor backhoe that would work with this tractor?

Your collective wisdom is, as awlays, most appreciated.

Regards,
Rob S.

/ Kubota B3030HSDC #2  
Check out the Woods back hoe, I believe the make one cab compatible.

/ Kubota B3030HSDC #3  
Woods does have one to fit, although it is further to the rear then the factory Kubota and a disadvantage on leverage they do work.

/ Kubota B3030HSDC #4  
I wonder if they make a cab model for the B26. you might consider that if it is MMM compatible

/ Kubota B3030HSDC #6  
Rhino also makes one; I have one (albeit a larger model) on my 5030HSTC.

Woods is a good brand; regardless of the brand you get, get a subframe mount (stay away from a 3 point backhoe mount, they are prone to damaging the tractor)

A subframe mount BH goes on and off easily, and the subframe gives substantial rigidity to the mount lockup.

/ Kubota B3030HSDC #7  
art said:
Woods does have one to fit, although it is further to the rear then the factory Kubota and a disadvantage on leverage they do work.
Art, why do you say it's a "disadvantage on leverage"? It's actually just the opposite... the effective lever arm (distance between stabilizers and FEL bucket, which should be the only things on the ground) is longer in this setup. Not that it makes much difference though.

Rob S., the Woods BH80-X 4-pt subframe mount would be the most appropriate for the B3030HSDC, especially with the extra weight of the cab. The BH70-X might leave you wanting more. With the Woods you also get the curved boom, more bucket options, the thumb option (which I highly recommend), and a 2-yr warranty. The BH80-X also has the most digging power in its class.

/ Kubota B3030HSDC #8  
The further the pivot is the rear the more stress to the clutch housings which is the way the commercial units are made. There are other things to, normally when trailering the pivot will drag while loading andunloading.

/ Kubota B3030HSDC #9  
art said:
The further the pivot is the rear the more stress to the clutch housings which is the way the commercial units are made. There are other things to, normally when trailering the pivot will drag while loading andunloading.
You lost me... what clutch housings on a B3030? What stress? And what would that have to do with "leverage" for the BH? Just like the Kubota subframe, the Woods subframe runs the full length of the tractor and is bolted to the tractor frame. Both subframes also locate off of the rear axle housings (is that what you meant?), but if you compare the two the Woods subframe has extra reinforcement in this area and is obviously the stronger of the two. The axle housings may bear a small amount of axial load for either subframe, but none of the torsional loading from digging - that's bore by the subframe and transferred to the tractor frame. I fail to see your point.

You're correct about the trailer loading/unloading concern aka "angle of departure", but it depends on more than just how far back the swing pivot is. The Woods has 15 degrees whereas the BH75 has 18 degrees, which amounts to about 1.25" extra clearance for the BH75. I don't think that's enough of a difference to be deal-breaker, especially if it means the difference between having a hoe or not on a B3030HSDC if you really want one.

/ Kubota B3030HSDC #10  
Think in terms of torque

The BH80 is applying a force (lets say 2,000#) at the bucket X feet (lets say 5) from the tractor = a torque of 10,000 FT-LBS that the tractor/subframe has to resist. On the cabbed tractor that distance will be more - not sure if it is 6" or 1foot but the torque would be 11,000 - 12,000 FT-LBS for the same 2,000# digging force at the bucket.

The subframe is not infinitely rigid & will pass some of the forces/torques to the tractor components/castings. With larger torques applied, the chance for damage is greater. Weather it is cause for concern, I don't know. That would involve a much more detailed analysis with information on the metalurgy of the various parts - subframe, castings etc... The added torque will make it easier to bounce the tractor around with the hoe (pulling against an unmovable stump for example).

Perhaps the BH70-X is the better choice for the Cabbed B3030...

DiezNutz said:
You lost me... what clutch housings on a B3030? What stress? And what would that have to do with "leverage" for the BH? Just like the Kubota subframe, the Woods subframe runs the full length of the tractor and is bolted to the tractor frame. Both subframes also locate off of the rear axle housings (is that what you meant?), but if you compare the two the Woods subframe has extra reinforcement in this area and is obviously the stronger of the two. The axle housings may bear a small amount of axial load for either subframe, but none of the torsional loading from digging - that's bore by the subframe and transferred to the tractor frame. I fail to see your point.

You're correct about the trailer loading/unloading concern aka "angle of departure", but it depends on more than just how far back the swing pivot is. The Woods has 15 degrees whereas the BH75 has 18 degrees, which amounts to about 1.25" extra clearance for the BH75. I don't think that's enough of a difference to be deal-breaker, especially if it means the difference between having a hoe or not on a B3030HSDC if you really want one.