Kubota B6100 hydraulic issue

/ Kubota B6100 hydraulic issue #1  

KubotainNH

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100
Hello, I've browsed this forum and see it has lots of good info. I recently picked up a B6100 with FEL and TPH very cheap because it has a hydraulic issue. I haven't been able to dig in to the issue yet because of the constant rain here in NH but will soon. Anywhere I should start looking? The bucket or TPH will not move up or down, the oil levels are fine. The tractor runs strong with no strange noises. I figure there is something worn or broken under the seat. Does anyone have an e-mailable diagram of the system or will a basic I&T K201 manual cover it in detail? Thanks for any thoughts, I'm itching to use this tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Kubota B6100 hydraulic issue #2  
Hi
Welcome to the forum!

The only help I can give you is to look at the lever under the seat - it is oval-shaped and has an arrow on it. This is to divert hydraulic pressure from the 3ph to anything hooked to the aux port. If this lever is pointed up, nothing will work. To the left is the 3ph, to the right is the aux port.

I hope you find your problem.

/ Kubota B6100 hydraulic issue
Ok, we got to mess around with it a little. The lever was up but moving it didn't change the issue. Without anything for weight on the 3pt it will go up but I can force it back down by hand. Also, when all the way down I can move it up and down with my hand quite easily. Is this normal? We found a fitting on the bucket that was loose and leaking. The fluid is a pretty low so we plan on topping it off and trying it again. Maybe there is a ton of air in the system and not enough fluid to push it out. We'll see soon. We also removed the return hose from the bucket controller and it was pushing fluid out of it. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Well, I topped off the hydraulic fluid and as expected no change. I ordered a manual so I can see how the system works. There's seems to be flow, just doesn't seem to be enough pressure.

/ Kubota B6100 hydraulic issue #5  
Sounds like you don't have any hyd pressure at all. I would start with the pump first to see if it is putting out.

/ Kubota B6100 hydraulic issue #6  
Sounds like a leaky valve.
Fluid is rushing past the seals in the vavle back to the tank before it does anything. Best idea would be to pressure check the pump, if it is good lay into the valve
Hope this helps

PS, I have a B6000 manual if you think that will be of use to you. PM me if you want.

Thanks for the replies, I have a manual on it's way so we'll see.

Here's an update on my issue and some questions. I finally got time to mess with the little tractor. I found that the control valve for the bucket is bad in some way, possibly the relief valve. Here's how I figured this out. I ran the line that lifts the bucket straight to the block that has the pump output, it lifted as soon as I started the tractor so the pump is good. This model runs the 3ph off the power beyond part of the FEL valve so I bypassed this valve with a hose on the hydraulic block near the pump and fired it up. Now the 3ph works so obviously the only component it could be is the FEL valve. So here's my question, can the FEL lift valve be rebuilt and if so can I do it or is there a company I can send it to? I see Northern Tool has them new around $160 or so. Any advice on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

/ Kubota B6100 hydraulic issue #9  
If you look at a valve from the outside it may look like a big or hard job to rebuild but there is really nothing to it. There is hardly anything to them on the inside. The worst that can happen is a person can lose the small ball bearing in the end caps, but mostly it is O-rings on the ends of the spools. Just take it a part yourself and then go to the dealers and get what parts you need. You will be surprised when you get into it. Just watch for the brgs when you take the end caps off.

/ Kubota B6100 hydraulic issue #10  
I had trouble with the loader controls on my Kubota B7100. Turns out it was worn out linkage on the lever.

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif