Kubota BX2200 loader will not go up or down

/ Kubota BX2200 loader will not go up or down
If you disconnect the linkage at circled area you will be able to find out if it is the joystick or inside the valveView attachment 758774
I did this and still cannot get the rod in the manifold to pull out. With the cover out of the way I was, however, able to move the rod inward and back about 1/4". I tried this with the engine running and it had no effect on the loader movement. I also rotated the the rod around and it turned freely. I have a sinking feeling that I have internal manifold issues.
Check the hydraulic "quick connects" if you have them on your loader. Chances are one is not fully connected.
I checked the 3 disconnects that I found and all seem to be secure.

Check the hydraulic "quick connects" if you have them on your loader. Chances are one is not fully connected.
Found 3 quick disconnects and all seem to be secure.

• Good Post
Reactions: bgr
   / Kubota BX2200 loader will not go up or down #13  
Yes, it appears to be locked in the float position. One way to try to unlock it is to sharply hit the lever in the raise direction. This should "pop" it out of float. If not, you will need to remove the spool and disassemble the detent assembly, being careful not to lose the balls. Clean it up and reassemble.

/ Kubota BX2200 loader will not go up or down #14  
Found 3 quick disconnects and all seem to be secure.
Well on the BX the disconnect are before the valve so it really can't cause your problem. It would be all or nothing.

Now on machines where the disconnects are after the loader valve it could be an issue.

Time to play with the detent balls.

/ Kubota BX2200 loader will not go up or down #15  
1660849554749.png

Item "A" and "020-A" are pretty much the detent portion. There 4 small balls and 1 larger ball at the end of the small spring. these all go in the inside of a sleeve. Items from "140-A" to the left are the detent itself.

• Good Post
Yes, it appears to be locked in the float position. One way to try to unlock it is to sharply hit the lever in the raise direction. This should "pop" it out of float. If not, you will need to remove the spool and disassemble the detent assembly, being careful not to lose the balls. Clean it up and reassemble.
I spent a few years as a quality control engineer and one of the places I covered was a hydraulics equipment manufacturer. As such I have always hated to beat on anything having to do with hydraulics controls, especially manifolds. But, I thought, what the heck. There's nothing external to this unit that I can do to fix it. So, I took your advice and gave it lone sharp, but not to hard, blow with a brass headed hammer. It worked!! I found that I can still get it stuck if I go too far with the control arm, but ,after I reinstalled the cover, it can't go that far and the loader works fine so far.

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions about my problem. I now know a heck of a lot more about this tractor than I did before it got stuck.

/ Kubota BX2200 loader will not go up or down #17  
That's how we all learn. After 20+ years there is not much I would not disassemble on my BX

/ Kubota BX2200 loader will not go up or down #18  
You might want to remove the detent assembly and take a look at it. When I bought my BX2230, also with an LA211, the detent wouldn't work. Took it apart and it was full of rust and water. I replaced it and all was good.

• Good Post
   / Kubota BX2200 loader will not go up or down #19  
Lots of very good suggestions here and a final fix. Good results for the forum!

My comment on control valves in general, based on fixing quite a few similar problems, is that valves in good condition have very dry spools with little oil on their exterior sections. Fine rust will build up on the spool in positions which are not used often, like the float. When the spool IS moved to that position, the rusted area may jam in the the valve body. The rust will be so fine it is hard to see. To fix, disconnect the linkage and find a way to tap the spool back out.(Or in either direction out of center, if it is stuck centered from lack of use of the circuit) Polish the area with crocus cloth(very, very fine abrasive), carefully wipe the grit off, and lube the spool shaft with a drop of oil. Cycle it until it operates smoothly. To free the spool, always disconnect control linkage, don't hammer on the lever as it is easy to bend lever and linkage which are not designed for strong forces.

To prevent this happening, make a habit to cycle the control valve through all functions when you get on the tractor each time before you start up. If you find stiff movement, put a few drops of light oil on the spools and cycle the valve till it frees up. I live near the ocean and always put WD 40 on control valve spools and grease any exposed hydraulic rods before a machine is parked for more than 20 days.

/ Kubota BX2200 loader will not go up or down #20  
You may want to check a few simple things before all this humongous suggested complexity. If the loader frame will not move up and down you may or may not be getting hyd pressure to the cylinders. There may be blockage or ? One of the best suggestions was swap the hoses (even if you had to make a couple of short extensions or buy them at TSC) and see if now the frame moves but the bucket won't. Anyway try that sort of thing before tearing into complex things like the innards of a loader valve.