Kubota BX25 vs ASV PT30 Track Loader

/ Kubota BX25 vs ASV PT30 Track Loader #1  

Kayakin2

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25
This Tractor Newbie is still looking at options to use on the NH land shown. No grass to cut but would like to maintain our 3+ acres, create a garden and remove snow. The slopes cause me to prefer to keep most attachments in front. Any suggestions? Ever consider a Track loader? Help! :)

Attachments

• NH_Land.jpg
    NH_Land.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 636
   / Kubota BX25 vs ASV PT30 Track Loader #2  
I cant comment on a PT30 but I have the BX24 and love it. I have the 50 inch front mounted snow blower for snow removal and before that I used the loader. The loader works OK but was time consuming. Another drawback to using the loader in snow removal is that its only 48 inches. The same as the tractor itself so when the snow falls back into the cleared track slightly, you run over and compact it. A slightly larger bucket would fix this. I would assume that this problem would present itself with any tractor if the bucket is about the same size as the tractor. Even a small snow pusher would make this better. They also make 2 different plows for use on it. The BH on it will do most tasks but will take longer than a larger tractor. The only thing about using aomething with tracks might be the weight and when turning I'm sure they will tear things up. But something with tracks will be very stable also. And with that the old problem comes back up. There is never one tractor that will do everything perfectly. So try them both, drive them both and check your available attachments for both and get the one that suits you best. You may also want to consilt resale value too.

/ Kubota BX25 vs ASV PT30 Track Loader #3  
I would go with the BX anytime. We have a tracked Bobcat 864 and while it is handy as heck, it is **** on your ground. We use ours in the woods and open fields where it is great. A friend brought his up to do some work on one of our other farms and I had to go around after he left with my BX to smooth things out.

/ Kubota BX25 vs ASV PT30 Track Loader #4  
I would go with the BX anytime. We have a tracked Bobcat 864 and while it is handy as heck, it is **** on your ground. We use ours in the woods and open fields where it is great. A friend brought his up to do some work on one of our other farms and I had to go around after he left with my BX to smooth things out.

Fully agree with that statement

/ Kubota BX25 vs ASV PT30 Track Loader #5  
Really think we need to know a little more about the land and your plans to recommend anything.

/ Kubota BX25 vs ASV PT30 Track Loader
Good Suggestion! The property is on the end of a 750 yd long steep private access road with brooks/streams crossing the property/road in six places. rocks may be used to enhance the water's tumble down the hillside. Although two acres have been cleared for years (former horse pasture) trees of every height cover the rest. A dozer cut paths to several terraces at least two or three of which we hope to use to create gardens. Blackberry bushes (grown for the black bears [a prior owner fed them] cover the slopes and large boulders are everywhere. We hope to grow many of our veggies, improve the paths, add fence posts, remove unwanted fences, move old horse manure to garden areas and clear winter snow from drives and paths. The slopes cause me to want to use implements primarily in front of the tractor/loader as any wrong turn could result in a tumble down the slopes. Any other info useful? :)

/ Kubota BX25 vs ASV PT30 Track Loader #7  
The BX will do everything you asked for, you just need to add liquid ballast to tires for your slopes. The tracked equipment you are looking at moves slower then BX. The BX goes up to a little over 8 miles an hr and ASV PT30 goes 6. Keep in mind, when adding implements like rear rototiller will make the whole thing much more stable. You mentioned areas already terranced, no need for track. However you say you have large boulders, the BX can move a good sized boulder, not boulders.
You need rent a heavy duty exacavator with a hydraulic thumb and move what you need to do for the day. I think its safer and cheaper to do it this way so no time is lost from damaged equipment and being hurt from hills.

As for your garden, its nice to use the FEL or trailer to carry stuff from garden from the terranced area. I am not sure if I want tracks all over my yard towing a trailer or carrying gardening tools.

/ Kubota BX25 vs ASV PT30 Track Loader #8  
Not going to say anything about brand, just want to give a heads up about wheeled vs tracks. Anything with tracks can cost especailly when something breaks. If it is going to be an "all around use" machine you may want to stay with wheels.

/ Kubota BX25 vs ASV PT30 Track Loader
Great input! What do you suggest for liquid ballast as it gets to -20F here and winds gusting over 45 mph. My wife loves the huge boulders and insists I not move them! :D [Thank You] :)

/ Kubota BX25 vs ASV PT30 Track Loader #10  
for a small tractor like BX25, go with rimgaurd for liquid ballast or simalar. freeze resistant to -35.
I stay away from cacl stuff. corrosive to rims and if it leaks, it can ruin your garden.;)